Mario Mandžukić (59 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So Marios game is to go on counters?

Are we talking about Atletico or Napoli?

If he is not there to win aerials and create presence in the box then what the hell is he there for? If he is useless in this sorts of games then maybe a player with an other profil is needed.
Its not these kind of games that are the problem, it was our aproach which was flat out wrong. Because if you think he should have done more maybe tell us what exactly was he supposed to do in a game we held possession majority of the time 40 meters away from their goal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I don’t know why you bother. This is the guy who has been saying Mario should be shipped off to China for the last 2 years and Costa is somehow a superstar. Costa, the guy who has done next to nothing in big games for us. Costa who has... what... 1 goal - 0 assists this year and it’s March already :lol3:

But Mario should be the one off to China. The guy who has scored in so many big matches for us. The guy who sacrificed to play on the left wing the last two years so Allegri 4-2-3-1 could work.

Mario has obviously been in a rough spell for the last month after coming back from injury... and maybe a little more rotation would help when he’s out of form like this... but let’s just forget his 6 goals against Lazio, Napoli, Roma, Milan, Inter in the first half of the season that are a major reason we have left this league so far behind this year and beat every single one of our league rivals. Or his winning goal against Valencia that is the reason we topped our CL group.
He definitely could use some rest, play someone else vs Udinese and let him prepare for Atletico mentally and regain stamina. I expect Max to figure out something different than in the 1st game and as usual Mario to be a key part of that

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He definitely could use some rest, play someone else vs Udinese and let him prepare for Atletico mentally and regain stamina. I expect Max to figure out something different than in the 1st game and as usual Mario to be a key part of that
Exactly.

Without the Cuadrado long-term injury, and Costa going full retard in the fall (along with his injuries and off-pitch issues since), we would have seen a lot more rotation this year and the team would be in a much better place right now imo. More variance in tactics, more impactful subs off the bench to change games against tired legs late, less reliance on just Dybala, Mandzu, and Ronaldo to get us through the first half of the season..

This is why I've been so disappointed in Costa this year. Because after the stretch run last year and the first couple matches this year, I really expected him to have a fantastic year. Instead he completely lost his head and ruined his season in 5 minutes.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Exactly.

Without the Cuadrado long-term injury, and Costa going full retard in the fall (along with his injuries and off-pitch issues since), we would have seen a lot more rotation this year and the team would be in a much better place right now imo. More variance in tactics, more impactful subs off the bench to change games against tired legs late, less reliance on just Dybala, Mandzu, and Ronaldo to get us through the first half of the season..

This is why I've been so disappointed in Costa this year. Because after the stretch run last year and the first couple matches this year, I really expected him to have a fantastic year. Instead he completely lost his head and ruined his season in 5 minutes.
Costa was supposed to take over from Cuadrado in a year or two and become that guy who allows us to defend with double wings and still have that offensive threat from his side. People talk about his 2nd half of last season form but what i really liked from him was the Napoli away game where he not inly initiated the goal from the RM position, but also allowed us to keep the 442 shape defensively, something we always relied on from Cuads. That is the Costa that would have been a key player here for years. But after an almost year of excellent performances, hes now a shell of his former self. A shame

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think discussion of our wingers is irrelevant this year as Mandzukic is playing solely as a #9 and in most scenarios he's benching Dybala.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)