Mario Mandžukić (22 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
lol, he doesn't give anything more than anyone else. I don't know how that myth started. In fact, he is the most inactive during the games and as said, it is also 100% visible from the stats, if it wasn't obvious for you when watching him play.
He has been here 3 years now, and he has been a rotational player. Let's remain sane, stick to the facts and not create a new religion.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2011
Yes, Mandzukic has been immenso for us the last couple of years but let's not pretend as if he makes the most miles on the pitch, if anything, I don't like his off the ball movement but that's just his style. His occasional run backwards and defending is very impressive for an attacker but then he goes missing upfront often. Ronaldo was free on the counter late in the game against Inter and not a single player of ours was in the box to pass to, and it's really the responsibility of the striker to be there on those occasions.

Having said that, he definitely deserves a new contract but I also understand the club's perspective. Mandzukic isn't the youngest anymore and you don't want to be stuck with an old player with high wages. From a purely economic perspective it is understandable but then again, they have offered players such as Khedira immense wages which to this day I still don't understand.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's disrespect to cut him salary. To the man who gives everything for this club.
That is an excellent proposal for a 32 year player. He'd be here until 36 at 3 million a year. I don't think he can have too many complaints.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Allegri will never stop using him as long as he is available.

Not totally his fault that our attacking play is serie C level at best tho, and not his fault the coach just adores him beyond human comprehension.

Sad

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
If you are going to use him, then send the ball to his head so he can drop it to Ronaldo or Dybala. Otherwise, don't play him.

The amount of times we pass the ball in our own 3rd in horrible spots is inexcusable. Why does Costa pass to Alex Sandro instead of smashing to Mario? Why does Pjanic pass to Matuidi in the game before instead of smashing to Mario? Why do we take short goal kicks every time and get pressed, then concede a throw?

Jan 22, 2016
If you are going to use him, then send the ball to his head so he can drop it to Ronaldo or Dybala. Otherwise, don't play him.

The amount of times we pass the ball in our own 3rd in horrible spots is inexcusable. Why does Costa pass to Alex Sandro instead of smashing to Mario? Why does Pjanic pass to Matuidi in the game before instead of smashing to Mario? Why do we take short goal kicks every time and get pressed, then concede a throw?
Maybe because there is no actual plan and players just play with their instinct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)