Mario Mandžukić (81 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
nah, Mario can still be important for 3 more years i would say. id rather he sticks around
Soon to be 32 years old, and his main attribute is his stamina and workrate. He has 1-2 good years in him in my opinion and if the offer is high enough we should atleast consider.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
He’s a mixture of Vidal (box-to-box), Tevez (pressure in the final third), Trezeguet (aerial threat in the box with both head and feet), Chiellini (winning mentality) and Zalayeta (decisive when it matters) in one player. It’s too complex a mixture for people to understand.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yeah let’s sell our only non-choking CL forward :sergio:
I wouldnt exactly say hes non choking. Sure all around performance wise he has been fantastic but hus finishing this season has, overall, been atrocious for someone who once was a CF.

Sure mario contributes alot but unfair to critisize gonzalo for it but not him when mandzukics level of choking in front of goal has actually been far worse

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
He’s a mixture of Vidal (box-to-box), Tevez (pressure in the final third), Trezeguet (aerial threat in the box with both head and feet), Chiellini (winning mentality) and Zalayeta (decisive when it matters) in one player. It’s too complex a mixture for people to understand.
God damn Zalayeta was dope!

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Soon to be 32 years old, and his main attribute is his stamina and workrate. He has 1-2 good years in him in my opinion and if the offer is high enough we should atleast consider.
its sure tempting but i dont really care about money from players sales. Mandzukic is a proven winner, locker room presence, and on the court he still delivers. i hope he gets another year of starting, then we start gradually reducing his minutes each year and keeping him in shape for the most important months of the season, thus extending his career at the highest level.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
MVP second season running

@zizinho look at the the jealousy in Higuain's eyes.

Perfect description.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
its sure tempting but i dont really care about money from players sales. Mandzukic is a proven winner, locker room presence, and on the court he still delivers. i hope he gets another year of starting, then we start gradually reducing his minutes each year and keeping him in shape for the most important months of the season, thus extending his career at the highest level.
The problem is that we have to make player sales to keep improving the squad, and I would much rather we focused on keeping our young players, and our players in there prime, by being able to give them competitive wages so they want to stay here.
If that means selling some of the players exiting their prime yearswhen the right offer comes along then so be it.
For me all players 30+ is for sale at the right price, as long as they are not club legende like Barza, Chielini, Buffon, Marchisio.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The problem is that we have to make player sales to keep improving the squad, and I would much rather we focused on keeping our young players, and our players in there prime, by being able to give them competitive wages so they want to stay here.
If that means selling some of the players exiting their prime yearswhen the right offer comes along then so be it.
For me all players 30+ is for sale at the right price, as long as they are not club legende like Barza, Chielini, Buffon, Marchisio.
the one guy id sell is Higuain actually. he wont have a long career imo, can get you more money, and would open up the CF role for Dybala to take. Mandzukic has the athleticism, the size, strength and stamina to be a useful player even when hes 35, on limited playing time.

if you need money for a WC player and Mandzukic is the only one that can get you some, then sure, in 1-2 years im OK with him leaving. right now, especially when hes still a key performer, a clear no from me.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
People need to calm down. Mario is NOT the kind of guy (Gervinho, Hernanes, etc) to go to China for money when he is in a prime.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Sending long balls to mandzukic is fine and dandy for specific set ups. I just wish we had more football in our legs than just huff and puff. This has been clearly our plan A since last season, and is the reason why mandz and cuadrado are slot in starters in 80% of our games.

It also leaves a lot to be desired from higuain and dybala

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
the one guy id sell is Higuain actually. he wont have a long career imo, can get you more money, and would open up the CF role for Dybala to take. Mandzukic has the athleticism, the size, strength and stamina to be a useful player even when hes 35, on limited playing time.

if you need money for a WC player and Mandzukic is the only one that can get you some, then sure, in 1-2 years im OK with him leaving. right now, especially when hes still a key performer, a clear no from me.
I an starting to agree with you about Higuain. The team is clearly better and more balanced when only one of Higuain and Dybala playes. That is why I think that only one of Higuain and Dybala will be here next year, and I would much prefer Dybala to stay here.
In that case Mandzu would be a very good alternative as a CF to Dybala, as he offers something totally different.
Unfortunately Allegri does nor see Dybala as a CF, so most likely he will be the one leaving.

May 23, 2013
“With Mario Mandzukic basically acting as the fourth midfielder, we were lacking something in width. We lost the ball repeatedly and allowed Verona so many counter-attacks. They are in good shape and run hard, so it was a dangerous fixture.

“Plus Juventus hadn’t won in Verona in Serie A since 2001, so it was not to be taken for granted by any means. I was about to substitute Mandzukic just before the goal, as when the situation seems to be 'easy’ he tends to go into stand-by mode and save energy.”

Is Allegri taking shots?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
“With Mario Mandzukic basically acting as the fourth midfielder, we were lacking something in width. We lost the ball repeatedly and allowed Verona so many counter-attacks. They are in good shape and run hard, so it was a dangerous fixture.

“Plus Juventus hadn’t won in Verona in Serie A since 2001, so it was not to be taken for granted by any means. I was about to substitute Mandzukic just before the goal, as when the situation seems to be 'easy’ he tends to go into stand-by mode and save energy.”

Is Allegri taking shots?
This is exactly true of Mandzukic. When it's 1-0, he doesn't always put in the attacking effort to go for 2-0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)