Mario Mandžukić (25 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Allegri got his subs spot on so this is bull$#@!
Yeah,if you say so then it's a notorious truth as always.Yeah it's a bullshit the fact that Allegri didn't sub Quadrado but Mandzukic.I don't say that he missed with the players who enter the pitch but with the fact that he should take out Quadrado and not Mario.
Higuain-Mandzukic-Dubala was too attacking formation for Allegri yesterday.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah,if you say so then it's a notorious truth as always.Yeah it's a bullshit the fact that Allegri didn't sub Quadrado but Mandzukic.I don't say that he missed with the players who enter the pitch but with the fact that he should take out Quadrado and not Mario.
Cuadrado's market was dying, whilst Juan was still beating down their defence, but like allegri said, we needed more technical ability

In came Lemina, Dybala and Pjanic, and the result was how we suddenly tore through Torino and secured the third goal. He was absolutely right

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Cuadrado's market was dying, whilst Juan was still beating down their defence, but like allegri said, we needed more technical ability

In came Lemina, Dybala and Pjanic, and the result was how we suddenly tore through Torino and secured the third goal. He was absolutely right
By putting Lemina,Dybala and Pjanic.Not a second doubt about that.Pjanic scored,Lemina is better than Sturaro and Dybala is ,simply magician. His third goal assist was a piece of art.Mandzukic assisted perfectly to Higuain's first goal and was best on the pitch. .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Higuain-Mandzukic-Dubala was too attacking formation for Allegri yesterday.
He was planning to sub Cuadrado for Pjanic minutes later, and you need a reminder that they don't play the same position.

Cuadrado was running back as a right back alot which was odd and refreshing. Exchanging such a player for another attacker may not been the best fit even if I wanted that sub simply cuz Cuadrado was off whole game. But an attacker for an attacker made sense. Nitpicking that is is just overzealous.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
He was planning to sub Cuadrado for Pjanic minutes later, and you need a reminder that they don't play the same position.

Cuadrado was running back as a right back alot which was odd and refreshing. Exchanging such a player for another attacker may not been the best fit even if I wanted that sub simply cuz Cuadrado was off whole game. But an attacker for an attacker made sense. Nitpicking that is is just overzealous.

Trident Mandzukic-Higuain-Dybala would be perfect yesterday.He also change attacker for an attacker subbing clicking Morata for attacker against Bayern and we all saw the result of that when Morata was lethal at that moments.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What turned out perfect is exactly what Allegri did, considering Dybala and Pjanic had immediate big impact with so little time left.

The fact Allegri screwed up with one sub year and half ago does not mean this one is remotely relevant to it, that just flat out random.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
The sub would have played on his insecurities. Knowing that no matter how well he plays, he'll probably play second fiddle to Higuain for the rest of the season.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
What turned out perfect is exactly what Allegri did, considering Dybala and Pjanic had immediate big impact with so little time left.

The fact Allegri screwed up with one sub year and half ago does not mean this one is remotely relevant to it, that just flat out random.
As I say I have nothing against Dybala-Pjanic coming in the game.Having both of them is always a good move.Don't have to be an expert to realize that.Both are amazing players.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
The sub would have played on his insecurities. Knowing that no matter how well he plays, he'll probably play second fiddle to Higuain for the rest of the season.
It's tough but true. Mandzu is a goddamn warrior and works 110% in the speedometer every game, but when goalscoring is concerned he is number 2 and that's what our strikers are bought to do. Last game Mandzu worked tirelessly, got a couple of chances but failed to convert. Higgy just stood around doing nothing, then pounced on three chances and converted two.

What he has going for him though is the fact that Allegri digs him, and has hinted towards a possible front line of Mandzu-Higgy-Dybi. It's a great dilemma to have for the coach, and the fans. Whenever one striker doesn't perform, we have a third one eagerly ready to prove his worth.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
google translate: Pruzzo: "Mandzukic off in January, in his place I would take Callejon"

Roberto Pruzzo, former striker of Rome and the Italian national team, now commentator of Radio Radio, spoke about the future of one of the attackers of Juventus: "The Mandzukic behavior after the victory in the derby? Juve in January must yield Mandzukic. I would try to offer the Croatian to Naples in exchange for Callejon, with Spanish Juve really become one of the strongest teams in Europe. the Croatian striker is a player that is holding Higuain, the Argentine without him would have already scored twenty networks. Then the Bianconeri have Dybala player too strong compared to the same Mandzukic. a change with a player like Callejon would make perfect Allegri's team. "

http://www.tuttojuve.com/altre-noti...ennaio-al-suo-posto-prenderei-callejon-348602

Callejon ::lol3::

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We are top of the CL group with a solid last 16 draw.

Top of the league with what, 7 point lead?

Don't care who gets mad about being subbed out as long as we are winning and we are. Most teams would kill to have the selection headache Allegri has when the team is full strength.

Don't think Mario did anything wrong as top players don't like being subbed so he will either have to out perform Dybala and Higuain (which is doubtful) or get used to playing second fiddle. It should be pretty clear to him.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Only once mandzu was subbed out did Higuain outperform him. In the past 5 games its been obvious who was the better striker.

Sendt fra min SM-N910F med Tapatalk

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I want 3-4-2-1 with dibby, mandzu and piggy up top and Marchisio - Lemina in the middle. Makes more sense to rotate panic than either of our three strikers atm.

Sendt fra min SM-N910F med Tapatalk

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
By putting Lemina,Dybala and Pjanic.Not a second doubt about that.Pjanic scored,Lemina is better than Sturaro and Dybala is ,simply magician. His third goal assist was a piece of art.Mandzukic assisted perfectly to Higuain's first goal and was best on the pitch. .
uhhh

Allegri said postgame that he needed to increase the technical level

So he put Lemina for the worst technical midfielder, Sturaro (who was rather poor in that regard even to his own base standards)
He reshaped the front 3 by subbing forward for forward, and swapping the tired winger for a playmaker.

Know what ? It absolutely worked like a charm.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally think waiting to sub Cuadrado till last was a good idea. As always, Cuads direct marker was absolutely dead before him, and whilst he was off and tired, he started to pull some impressive gaps on his side cause Torino's left wing simply couldnt handle both pressing forward and tracking back.

Its often greatly underestimated how fielding Cuadrado in this forward role, forces the opponent to sub his opposing fullback or make tactical adjustments to keep the organisation up, cause he's completely running their flank ragged.

At some point in the game : "player y just owned cuadrado for pace". Yes,one of his first sprints whilst cuads had been doing it consistantly. However, 30 minutes later cuads is still doing them while player y struggles to catch his breath

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
uhhh

Allegri said postgame that he needed to increase the technical level

So he put Lemina for the worst technical midfielder, Sturaro (who was rather poor in that regard even to his own base standards)
He reshaped the front 3 by subbing forward for forward, and swapping the tired winger for a playmaker.

Know what ? It absolutely worked like a charm.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally think waiting to sub Cuadrado till last was a good idea. As always, Cuads direct marker was absolutely dead before him, and whilst he was off and tired, he started to pull some impressive gaps on his side cause Torino's left wing simply couldnt handle both pressing forward and tracking back.

Its often greatly underestimated how fielding Cuadrado in this forward role, forces the opponent to sub his opposing fullback or make tactical adjustments to keep the organisation up, cause he's completely running their flank ragged.

At some point in the game : "player y just owned cuadrado for pace". Yes,one of his first sprints whilst cuads had been doing it consistantly. However, 30 minutes later cuads is still doing them while player y struggles to catch his breath
Okay man.No need for a million posts to prove that Allegri was right with the subs.They worked.I agree.Also,I would start Lemina instead of Sturaro,No point of arguing about that.Lemina is a much better choice than Sturaro in any game .
Yes subbing Mandzukic for Dybala worked and will always work.No doubt about that.The thing is how we would perform if Dubala comes in and form a trident with Higgy-Mandzukic and to sub Khedira with Pjanic or let Khedira stay ?That said have nothing in common that Pjanic scored and is a very,very good and gifted player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)