Mario Mandžukić (20 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
The whole story of him defending well seems to have affected him.

I like that he works for the team but he is a striker first and foremost and needs to get into the box more, especially when playing with Dybala who drops out of the box too.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He also has 4 assists in his last 6 matches. He's been pretty damn selfless for this team...

Today and against Bayern he was clearly not match-fit. Mandzukic presses like a madman when he's fit. The lack of movement from him on the pitch should be a clear indication that he's still recovering fitness from his latest injury.

Oct 4, 2011
Do you think Mario will stay here for next year?

I'm also interested in how big a part you think injuries have played in him underperforming (by his 20 goal standards) this year?
will he stay here for next year? of course he will, unless we donate him

i dont see offers arriving for him, if they did we would be smart enough to sell

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Do you think Mario will stay here for next year?

I'm also interested in how big a part you think injuries have played in him underperforming (by his 20 goal standards) this year?
depends on who and if we sign another striker in the summer but also on Moratas situation. if its a scenario where we sign Cavani AND keep Morata (highly unlikely) we surely sell a striker. Mandzukic left Bayern because he didnt want to be 2nd choice and generally knowing him he would rather go that sit on the bench. if Morata stays and we dont sign anyone id say there is a good chance for him to stay but also it depends on how our plans for Morata are. if we plan him as the starter along with Dybala for next season, he again might want to leave. if we sell Morata and sign a Cavani level player (i doubt we would) then i also think hes gone. basically any scenario where he would be the 3rd guy in attack i think he wouldnt be happy with it and would ask to be sold. i hope im wrong and that he stays regardless but thats the way i see it.

he has played in 28 games this season (23 as a starter) so it was hard for him to score 20 goals. would have had to be in brilliant form all season to do so and he wasnt really. also, he never was a guy to get you 20-25 league goals and 4-5 CL goals in addition. he was always around 15 goals in the league, few in other competitions + the additional work he gives you with his pressing game mainly. still, i think this season he plays too deep at times for him to have enough scoring opportunities. i dont know if he even had a single shot vs Torino? so mainly injuries but also the way he plays have affected his scoring record this season

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
he should leave. he's always injured, and when fit he doesnt bring the neccessary quality. he has like 9 goals and its almost april.

what a waste of 25 million

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)