Mario Mandžukić (33 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

All this praise.. Was he really that good?

I thought he lacked something in ball-controlling and was often out of position. Ofcourse you could excuse it with preseason and little time to gel, but then again - why all the praise? I loved the goal though. And he could be exactly the player i (and apparantley many of you fellows) have been dreaming of, but to me he has been disappointing in this preseason. Maybe due to my high expectations... I dont know.
He basically solved the game for us, however, I agree. Up untill the header he seemed way out of sorts and what's worse, at times he was simply strolling on the pitch, completely uninvolved, reminiscent of Ibra's last season for us. Mandzo is a beast of a player when his head is in it; I really hope Allegri gets in his head and whips him in shape. He's a guy who needs to be friends with his manager, he doesn't respond well to bullying and authority, but luckily, I think Allegri will be a fine match for him. A completely focused and raring to go Mandzo is a first line of defense and attack, a real menace to have up front.

Buy on AliExpress.com

La_Fidanzata

Feb 18, 2008
He basically solved the game for us, however, I agree. Up untill the header he seemed way out of sorts and what's worse, at times he was simply strolling on the pitch, completely uninvolved, reminiscent of Ibra's last season for us. Mandzo is a beast of a player when his head is in it; I really hope Allegri gets in his head and whips him in shape. He's a guy who needs to be friends with his manager, he doesn't respond well to bullying and authority, but luckily, I think Allegri will be a fine match for him. A completely focused and raring to go Mandzo is a first line of defense and attack, a real menace to have up front.
I trust you. You know him much better than i do. I have faith in him, and before he left for madrid he was maybe the first id pick if i could choose any player for juve. Just think its funny that so many is giving him standing ovations when i in fact have been a little disappointed.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:lol:

Love the Loin, Cam.
:D

- - - Updated - - -

No chemistry at all between he and Coman. That's the big factor there IMO. Get him & Dybala a better understanding (Coman too) and you will see a more focused Mandz. Both seemed unsure of where to go but that will come with more playing time together.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Mandzukic was playing poorly, including that awful miss, till he resolved the match with the perfect header and setting up the 2nd goal.

While he's a great option and was bought for good value, I just don't fancy his playing style too much. Morata as a CF is superior and makes the team more dangerous, if Dybala is ready to start. Mandzukic is not a definite starter in my book, but he is indeed a very good option for a specific kind of play.

He'd definitely suit better if we had the proper fullbacks, that would make much more sense to me.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
When I said Mandzukic was a beast, a few people doubted me. I'll say it again: he's better than Morata.

The dude is pure quality.

Apr 19, 2007
He adds different qualities than the other two strikers and I like how we can change what we offer up front with our players. We wanted to do that with Morata, tevez and Llorente but Llorente just wasnt good enough. Mandz givus us the size and work rate we want to be able to break down thos teams sitting back and not letting us dribble around or break on them

Mar 30, 2006
I dont get the criticism. I thought he had a good game and did well to make a problem for the Lazio defenders. He was mobile and dropped into the midfield a good bit. He was a bit rusty but it was his first offical game for us and given the lack of understanding with his teammates and chemistry he will get better. He won us the game so why are people no happy?

He is a great player. I remember how much I wanted a striker like him at Juve when we came up against him in that Munich team and he was the best player against us. I expect great things from him this season!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If we judge on the first half you'd say our players were Lega Pro players, we took a long time to adjust to the conditions. I don't think Lazio really did. That's why we win so much, we get the tough points better than everyone else.

Mandzukic's hold up play was really impressive, he won a lot of aimless punts (Caceres was the most guilty) in the air that he shouldn't have, and once we finally got the ball on the ground he did a lot of damage. Honestly, inferior players would have really struggled in that situation, especially with a hapless kid next to him.

Jul 13, 2010
433, that would be wicked sick. Imagine support of Alex Sandro on the wing when attacking, making all three strikers close or in the box. fvcking hell we would score every 20 minutes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)