Mario Mandžukić (21 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Obviously he relies on service, but he still looks rusty in some of the basics.

I expect him to explode at some point of the season, might take a few rounds yet, because he's relying on the team more than most.

Jul 2, 2006
Idea of signing him was random anyway and paying 21 million is plain fucked up. Atletico would have sold him for much less just to get rid of his wages and open space for better players. Obviously someone didn't want it to happen. Because you know 'money is not the issue'.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Gets no service whatsoever, but then again we don't play in a style that suits his play.

If we don't give him decent crosses, then this will be a pointless signing.
mmmm...where i have heard this before..... mmmm... wait...

He needs service, plain and simple. Can't do much by his own.

This Juventus played like Brazil from the WC. No midfield found. Hoof long ball from defense to attack, lose ball. Rinse and repeat.
mmm wait im almost there... i think i can remember....arrgghhh.....

Valerio.
Weaker than Llorente.
Said enough.​
Ohhh yeah i remembered..... guys...WE GOT A NEW LLORENTE!

Rejoice.

Idea of signing him was random anyway and paying 21 million is plain $#@!ed up. Atletico would have sold him for much less just to get rid of his wages and open space for better players. Obviously someone didn't want it to happen. Because you know 'money is not the issue'.
needs to hit the bench
Wast of money if he cant beat roma.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
mmmm...where i have heard this before..... mmmm... wait...

mmm wait im almost there... i think i can remember....arrgghhh.....

Ohhh yeah i remembered..... guys...WE GOT A NEW LLORENTE!

Rejoice.

Wast of money if he cant beat roma.
The thing is Mandzukic and Llorente do have a lot of similarities, which would make the signing even worse if we aren't looking to change out playing style.

I like Mandzukic and I think he is a better player than Llorente but his main strength is in the air but we vert rarely cross the ball in.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I'm not a Mandzu hater but he is clearly not the type of striker you want in your team if the aforementioned team has zero creativity in it
Me neither.. i think he is a good CF... but in this team.. it seems the CF need to be like Morata or they will be lost in the wilderness of the "NO Crosses" Jungle.

Lets hope that Madzu doesnt turn into one more of the mercato mistakes. On top of it all we have Zaza on the bench which is like a worst version of mandzu hahahaha. Good times.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
He is a bad passer, has a bad first touch, and he's not very mobile, and that was all very clear to Atletico hence why they were very willing to let him go.

The idea of starting a striker because he is very good in the air is something a club like Stoke should do, not Juventus. Impact player. And a good one like that.

You don't see a limited striker like Chicharito starting at a big club either, because he is a liability around the park and it's difficult to play good football with him in the side. Same problem with Mandzukic.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Teams like us AKA teams with ZERO playmakers and 1 winger, as opposed to teams like Bayern who have probably 6 playmakers and wingers who would make our most creative players look like technical donkeys.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Dybala-Morata pairing is technically and tactically better for Allegri's systems.

The game is evolving. Nowadays, Mandzukic typa forwards would only work as a lone striker in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. However, it's unfair to blame him in the Roma loss. He got ZERO service and Allegri set up his team to defend the entire time he was on the field.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
Teams like us AKA teams with ZERO playmakers and 1 winger, as opposed to teams like Bayern who have probably 6 playmakers and wingers who would make our most creative players look like technical donkeys.
Juve didn't need 6 wingers last season, we needed someone better than Lich and Evra to deliver the crosses. We have that for this season but u manage to evaluate them been shit without seeing them play. Bravo!

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
So your master plan, is to have our new full backs (One is actually a fucking winger who can't be relied upon to defend) spam crosses in to the box to lead us to eternal glory?

Where did I say our new players who haven't played were shit? Go on, find me a post where I said Cuadrado or Alex Sandro is shit.

The difference is, they're not fucking playmakers and if you think that a new full back and a new plan B winger is going to solve our abundant lack of creativity then you're off your fucking head.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
So your master plan, is to have our new full backs (One is actually a fucking winger who can't be relied upon to defend) spam crosses in to the box to lead us to eternal glory?

Where did I say our new players who haven't played were shit? Go on, find me a post where I said Cuadrado or Alex Sandro is shit.

The difference is, they're not fucking playmakers and if you think that a new full back and a new plan B winger is going to solve our abundant lack of creativity then you're off your fucking head.
:sergio:

R u fucked in the head?!
I didn't say they will solve creativity problems, only thet will provide better crosses for Mandzukic.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Clearly it's you who's fucked in the head, Because I never said our new players were all shit. And my entire fucking post was about creativity problems, to which you replied our problem was crosses coming in from our full backs.

Which is nonsense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)