Mario Mandžukić (113 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
To think that goals were only half of what he brought to the team. So many of those goals broke the deadlock or won games. Just a phenomenal player.

That second leg against Monaco I remember our whole team was fantastic, but Mario stood out. The whole time he just didn't stop working (although actually he did kind of switch off for Mbappe's goal but...fuck it, it was Mbappe). When Mario scored his goal and ran straight into the ultras to celebrate with them...what a fucking moment that was. When the ultras make as much noise as ours do they want to see players on the pitch put in the same kind of effort. Mandzukic and Lichtsteiner were those guys, and Chiesa and Locatelli look like two more.

Fucking love when Juve players flex that grinta. Fucking love Mario.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck we really should have scored 5 or 6 in that game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mr.NoGood

Sep 30, 2018
Still miss him :confused:

He was so underrated and unappreciated by many. He loved this club and gave his everything to it. Who knows maybe we will see him as a Juve coach in a few years since he is planning to get the license :D

Last edited:

singus

Sep 22, 2020
One of our best ever strikers, should ideally have a statue in Turin. Instead he was treated like garbage by most our fans. The mere output he had is simply unmatched by pretenders like Morata, Kean, Dybala and Matri. Hopefully people will realize his real value these years.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
One of our best ever strikers, should ideally have a statue in Turin. Instead he was treated like garbage by most our fans. The mere output he had is simply unmatched by pretenders like Morata, Kean, Dybala and Matri. Hopefully people will realize his real value these years.
:rofl: :howler: No man, just no. I love Mandzukic. He was all grit and grind, but one of our best ever? GTFO. When did you start watching Juventus?

Learn you history before spewing this nonsense.

Trezeguet, Baggio, Del Piero, Sivori, Charles, Bettega, Boniperti, and Vialli are just some of the names that have played for us.

Chapin

Mar 2, 2022
I must've missed when Mandzukic drove drunk and got sold at a cheap price because of his actions then went to another club and shittalked Juventus then when to Inter and shittalked the club and also celebrated goals against us.
when did he ever talk bad about us lmfao

also celebrate? You call bumping chests with some other inter player offensive?

the drunk driving was bad but in the grand scheme of things vidal is a legend of this club and as one of his biggest fans I’m going to stand up for him

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
when did he ever talk bad about us lmfao

also celebrate? You call bumping chests with some other inter player offensive?

the drunk driving was bad but in the grand scheme of things vidal is a legend of this club and as one of his biggest fans I’m going to stand up for him
Venting about his exit which was entirely his fault and due his own unprofessionalism. His alcohol problems went far beyond the driving incident.

The chest bump I don't care about too much though it was seen by some as celebratory. Its rousing his teammates to celebrate when usually the player gestures to calm down or just walks back to the center. He celebrated and continued to celebrate, including other players' goals against us. This is not normally done. But hey, he accidentally kissed Chiellini's badge so i guess its all right. Add him pushing for the exit to a direct CL rival at the time.

Mandzukic had 44 goals/18 assists for us and was a professional the entire time, including after he left and even his short time at Milan. Vidal was not a professional at the club, including after he left and even his current time at Inter. I do probably think Vidal should be a legend but it is what it is. And I wonder why Mandzukic so easily qualifies as a legend as well. But I think if you compare the two, Mandzukic deserves it slightly more.

Chapin

Mar 2, 2022
Venting about his exit which was entirely his fault and due his own unprofessionalism. His alcohol problems went far beyond the driving incident.

The chest bump I don't care about too much though it was seen by some as celebratory. Its rousing his teammates to celebrate when usually the player gestures to calm down or just walks back to the center. He celebrated and continued to celebrate, including other players' goals against us. This is not normally done. But hey, he accidentally kissed Chiellini's badge so i guess its all right. Add him pushing for the exit to a direct CL rival at the time.

Mandzukic had 44 goals/18 assists for us and was a professional the entire time, including after he left and even his short time at Milan. Vidal was not a professional at the club, including after he left and even his current time at Inter. I do probably think Vidal should be a legend but it is what it is. And I wonder why Mandzukic so easily qualifies as a legend as well. But I think if you compare the two, Mandzukic deserves it slightly more.
yea idc about any of that honestly, vidal is probably an idiot outside of the sport but doesn’t take away to what he did. Vidal had seasons where he scored more goals than mandzukic, and let’s of course not forget the tackling, the pressing, the assists and the big game mentality he had.

I’m not taking anything away from mandzukic but to call him a legend is doing a disservice to actual striker legends like trez, del piero etc

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
yea idc about any of that honestly, vidal is probably an idiot outside of the sport but doesn’t take away to what he did. Vidal had seasons where he scored more goals than mandzukic, and let’s of course not forget the tackling, the pressing, the assists and the big game mentality he had.

I’m not taking anything away from mandzukic but to call him a legend is doing a disservice to actual striker legends like trez, del piero etc
Why?! Because he wasn't as prolific as them? Because he wasn't here as long?! Why does regarding him as a legend take anything away from Ale, Trezeguet and whoever else? Had we went for Mandzo instead of that flimsy Morata we'd probably would have won that final vs Barcelona. Tevez-Mandzo along with MVPP midfield, we probably would have won that game.

Mandzo embodied what the club meant for many fans and is rightfully seen as a legend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)