Mario Mandžukić (111 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
He would need training of course, but u are wrong in a couple of things.
His passing is better than the average DM monkey. Positioning? he always has been everywhere tackling anyone who comes close when on his day. He is one of the most tireless players we have. IN the CL final he was injured s thats not a good example.

See, i really dont like him as a CF because if eel Higuain is way better, and as LW...remember we used him there because of his tactical contribution, not exactly because he was lighting ablaze the world as a winger. What was his contribution? keeping things tight with his defensive capabilities and being a focal point for longballs.

He hustles and tackles better than lemina, rincon and sturaro put together...and he would be king of 50-50 balls in the middle of the park. In fact he would have to run less this time because we will have like 4 players in front of him doing the runs...who are quicker and with a psique for that.

I know this suggestion sounds weird as fuck because his main role is a CF... but he is so good bullying people, being a commander on the field.

If you think about it, in the last 2 seasons he has not been stellar because of his goal tally, but because how good he defended as a CF or LW, he pressed the fuck out of everyone. There were games he played as a CF, but he was doing goal line clearances and tackling people near Bonucci, i mean w t f?.
Think about it. He would not let anyone get close to pjanic. Tactically he would adapt for sure since it seems he gets thing quick and has the experience for that. He loves the physical game, he lives for it nowadays, and he is a very intimidating presence.
He'll be the closest thing to Vidal, I'd slap him in the midfield next to Pjanic no hesitation.

- - - Updated - - -

And he'll have 17 goals 9 assist, and highest amount of tackles, and near perfect passing accuracy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Dudes got none of the qualities. He doesnt run enough, is not fast enough on his feet, nor technical. His passing is nothing special and I doubt his positioning and tactical awareness
Srsly?
You are questioning tactical awareness of an CF who playing as an winger at the middle of season?
Not fast enough to cover flanks maybe, tell me how fast the likes of Matic and other DM was?
Dont run enough😆
Technical maybe..
Positioning was granted, because we rarely seen a player converted CF to an DM.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Srsly?
You are questioning tactical awareness of an CF who playing as an winger at the middle of season?
Not fast enough to cover flanks maybe, tell me how fast the likes of Matic and other DM was?
Dont run enough😆
Technical maybe..
Positioning was granted, because we rarely seen a player converted CF to an DM.

So because he was moved from CF to LW due to injuries and other circumstances, then we assume he is tactically gifted, got great positioning and did well? What metrics do we use when we say he did well?
He scored a random lucky goal in the final and did an overall okay emergency cover of our LW.
And yes, he doesn't run much, in fact, the least after Bonucci. He is not an agile player who can throw himself into tackles with high accuracy and timing as trained DMs do. He sometimes got back and made important interceptions, which were all applauded efforts as we think it is amazing seeing a natural CF do that, so here the hype starts. And he is verbal, tall, controversial, things all fans like to see. However it has nothing to do with output, fighting/running. We don't notice when Cuadrado regularly tracks back. Cuadrados defensive contribution was much higher, as well as his attacking threat. Mandzukic received a lot of high balls and did a lot of flick ons and backpasses. That's a fairly simple task for a player. We cant afford having a player only contrituting with those skills. Not at DM, neither at LW. He will be backup for Higuain/Dybala, with 2 natural wingers providing danger and support. Lets wait and see.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
So because he was moved from CF to LW due to injuries and other circumstances, then we assume he is tactically gifted, got great positioning and did well? What metrics do we use when we say he did well?
He scored a random lucky goal in the final and did an overall okay emergency cover of our LW.
And yes, he doesn't run much, in fact, the least after Bonucci. He is not an agile player who can throw himself into tackles with high accuracy and timing as trained DMs do. He sometimes got back and made important interceptions, which were all applauded efforts as we think it is amazing seeing a natural CF do that, so here the hype starts. And he is verbal, tall, controversial, things all fans like to see. However it has nothing to do with output, fighting/running. We don't notice when Cuadrado regularly tracks back. Cuadrados defensive contribution was much higher, as well as his attacking threat. Mandzukic received a lot of high balls and did a lot of flick ons and backpasses. That's a fairly simple task for a player. We cant afford having a player only contrituting with those skills. Not at DM, neither at LW. He will be backup for Higuain/Dybala, with 2 natural wingers providing danger and support. Lets wait and see.
It's not possible for Mandžukič to be backup, he always finds his way back into starting 11

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
He had an excellent last year and was key in making the 4-2-3-1 with his work rate and physicality but he was still at the end of the day a makeshift winger and for a wing position ideally if you want to build on the 4-2-3-1, we need different characteristics such as pace, dribbling , crossing which Mandzukic provides none of.
When you have Alves and Mandzukic on the wings and Dybala wandering somewhere at the half way line, it's obvious Higuain is going to be isolated and struggle.

This is precisely why we're buying two wingers to make the team/offense much more dynamic just like the other big teams.

For all of Mandzukic's physicality and work rate, I think our flanks are better served if we have players who can take on defenders and/or putting in incisive crosses into the box.

As I said, he slowly needs to be phased out and become a backup/rotation player.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
We say he did great, because he actually did great, any anyone who have no agendas against him would say the same.

Well if player could change his position, isn't that mean that they have atleast tactical awareness, even a little?

I never said he should play as DM, but isn't that you who underrate Mandzu?

Random lucky goal😆
Let's just agree to disagree, he already paved his way in Bayern, and Juve, even do that for a while at Atletico.

But hey manzo only do simple task, so he didn't deserve the credit.

He had an excellent last year and was key in making the 4-2-3-1 with his work rate and physicality but he was still at the end of the day a makeshift winger and for a wing position ideally if you want to build on the 4-2-3-1, we need different characteristics such as pace, dribbling , crossing which Mandzukic provides none of.
When you have Alves and Mandzukic on the wings and Dybala wandering somewhere at the half way line, it's obvious Higuain is going to be isolated and struggle.

This is precisely why we're buying two wingers to make the team/offense much more dynamic just like the other big teams.

For all of Mandzukic's physicality and work rate, I think our flanks are better served if we have players who can take on defenders and/or putting in incisive crosses into the box.

As I said, he slowly needs to be phased out and become a backup/rotation player.
I'm all for competition for starting line up, and yes, this Juve would benefit more with an actual Winger instead of Mandzo as LW. Need to sort the mids situation to make it more balanced/worked though.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
roflmao

most valuable player was "some backup"

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
You should start watching Juventus games before you write such nonsense.
You should start thinking critically and not just talk bullshit to raise your post count and be 'popular' in here. Just because you notice Mandzukic a lot in a match doesnt mean he is actually covering distance or working hard.

I looked at the numbers at the end of the season and Mario runs a lot less than his team mates. So it surprises me that he get so much credit for his amazing workrate. I cant find the site with a 'distance covered' stat right now, if anyone can, please check it or throw a link here.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
roflmao

most valuable player was "some backup"
No way Mario was our MVP last season, if that is what you imply? rolfmao
He was a valuable filler to the team, a Padoin V2. Made us play our best formation without loosing too much quality. We need those Padoins and Sturaros next season too, so he wont complain!

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
La stagione è appena iniziata, ma l'entusiasmo, l'ambizione, il desiderio, la passione e i nostri obiettivi sono ancora più grandi. ⚫️⚪️

He’s he man

The season has just started but our enthusiasm, ambitions,desire, and passions toward our objectives are even greater

A D A M

Oct 28, 2008
ManBro <3

- - - Updated - - -

Such an archetypal character this guy

- - - Updated - - -

THE ARCHETYPAL HERO!!

- - - Updated - - -

Only hear for 2 years. Already a Juve legend. What a story!

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
I'd like it if we didn't bought any more defenders and relied only on Rugani and the BBC.
And if shit got bad...we send Mandzukic as CB.
Wouldn't that be a sight :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)