Mario Mandžukić - ST - Atletico Madrid (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Who was dreaming of him? Seriously. He is a good player, kinda like Llorente (but better cuz he works allover the pitch nonstop), but describing players for what they are doesnt mean you are downgrading them. And yes ofcourse you cant follow standard of Tevez with less, a top club should have atleast 1 top attacker to completely rely on, not just a decent/good one.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah ofcourse he is, Llorente barely poaches, he has so limited instincts in poaching/sensing out chances, but still Mandzukic is a decent/modest goalscorer himself, not a prime one.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
He's one of those guys who scores those important scrappy goals.Not a complete donkey with the ball either and most importantly has Cavani-esque pressing capabilities.Champions League winner and has played for big teams already so cant fault the management for eyeing him as a suitable striker for our needs.

Anyway,im more interested to see what Morata does next season as he'll have a bigger role here.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Sanchez is more unrealistic than Griezmann.

Vela will be a step below in quality and we dont need another left footer anyway.

Also there's no good experienced goal scoring winger,someone who's within our price range available either.
A step below in quality? If you mean from Tévez then yeah, almost everyone is a step below in quality, el apache is one of the best players of the entire world.

But Vela isn't bad, I mean, he probably isn't one of the most flashy names around, but he certainly has quality, this season he struggled with injuries and scored 10 goals and 4 assists, but the past 2 seasons he was recogniced as one of the best players in La Liga, scored 21g14a in 2013/2014 and 14g12a in 2012/2013. He's 26, his numbers are increasing and his performances getting better, I wouldn't be surprised to watch him having 20+g10+a next season too, for a guy who plays in all three fronts of attack, those numbers are great.

Would he make it at a big club? :boh: I don't know, he looks much more mature than what he did on his failure spell at Arsenal, he has started to perform with the NT, I don't know maybe it's time for taking the next step in his career.

A Vela-Morata-Dybala attack may look underwhelming, but wait till Dybala and Morata explode, then we can add a better name than Vela. I don't know, I just don't want Mario Mandzukic here.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Vela needs loads of space to operate from what I've seen of him, I'd expect him to struggle the same way Giovinco did with us.

Mar 30, 2006
Dybala-Morata/Mandzukic would be good but I wish we had a trequartista who could support Mandzukic-Morata duo... Im afraid that wont be creative enough to work.
Like how Italy in 2006 use Toni-Gilardino but they had Totti behind them to give creativity.

Mar 30, 2006
I suppose he wont be too bad, I just don't want him to be the replacement for Tevez
We have Dybala for the Tevez role. I feel people would have been more calm if we bought Dybala after Tevez leaves but everyone got used to the idea of having both of them. We did not buy a 30 million Euro player to bring off the bench or to test out. Dybala is going to be a starter now.

beowulf

Dec 9, 2012
Is there a rumored fee for him? Wouldn't mind at all paying a Tevez-like sum for him, but anything above like 15m euros would be a little much IMO.

Mar 30, 2006
Is there a rumored fee for him? Wouldn't mind at all paying a Tevez-like sum for him, but anything above like 15m euros would be a little much IMO.
I wonder why he goes relatively cheap whenever he is transferred. Its hard to find good center forwards and he is a proven one yet no one ever really bids a lot for him. I wonder if it is because he is not a glamourous type of player.. more so a gritty one. And maybe because he is from Croatia and not England or Brazil.

He is a good player, we dont need him though. I would rather spend the money on a trequartista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)