Mario Mandžukić - ST - Atletico Madrid (42 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Exactly Zoso.We need a backup plan.Someone who can offer more guarantees instantly.
Im finding it hard to imagine Juve would go into next season relying on our inexperienced youngsters to make an impact in the cl.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Exactly Zoso.We need a backup plan.Someone who can offer more guarantees instantly.
Im finding it hard to imagine Juve would go into next season relying on our inexperienced youngsters to make an impact in the cl.
Maybe why we are looking at the more season strikers? :boh:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Ok I forgot that. But at the time they were only adding to what we had. Now the status quo is going (maybe?) and it could be almost a total unknown apart from Morata. That's what I'm saying, it could end up being a serious downgrade (i.e. Berardi & Dybala flop/just too inexperienced) with no real backup plan. Compared to signing Tevez & Llorente, we didn't really lose any forwards, so at worst it would have been the same.
I guess the one thing that we can look at, and I am operating under the assumption that Berardi is coming (because if he isn't then all of this was just a waste of time), is that we know what these two young players are capable of in Serie A, and with Morata and potentially Madzukic, we know that those two can perform on the European stage.

To me, it gives Allegri more diversity and options in attack, and I don't think that is ever a bad thing.

Unfortunately, I don't think that we are a club right now that could afford to carry those 4 PLUS Tevez. Not yet, anyway.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Losing Tevez = Losing our best player essentially.

We need another quality player in attack(in the form of an AM) preferably to soften the blow.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Losing Tevez = Losing our best player essentially.

We need another quality player in attack(in the form of an AM) preferably to soften the blow.
Personally I think if we signed a quality AM it would make our attack WITHOUT Tevez click fine. I know many are worried about the younger players transitioning quickly enough, well, I think a good AM would help make that transition happen because the attack would have better support behind them than Vidal/Pereyra.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the one thing that we can look at, and I am operating under the assumption that Berardi is coming (because if he isn't then all of this was just a waste of time), is that we know what these two young players are capable of in Serie A, and with Morata and potentially Madzukic, we know that those two can perform on the European stage.

To me, it gives Allegri more diversity and options in attack, and I don't think that is ever a bad thing.

Unfortunately, I don't think that we are a club right now that could afford to carry those 4 PLUS Tevez. Not yet, anyway.
Morata, Berardi, Dybala, and Mandzukic: average age = 23 years old. Talk about thinking long term here.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

Well yeah, I guess it might be Tevez, Morata, Dybala & Mandzukic for all we know, which would make sense. I think Berardi would still get decent time too if it were 5. Money wise I don't think it would be an issue.

But say it's Morata, Dybala, Mandzukic & Berardi, and Dybala and Berardi aren't really cutting it in CL, we would be forced to play Morata-Mandzukic, which wouldn't really be the best or an ideal partnership. Hence why we need Tevez or someone similar unless we really want to gamble our season.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
currently we have Tevez, Morata, Llorente, Coman, Dybala (Matri will return to Milan). latest rumor is we dont want Zaza and will take Berardi only. if thats true, our attack would be pretty much stacked. Llorente is leaving however, and we dont have a rotation striker for Morata. Zaza would fill that role but (apparently) isnt coming. so we are one striker short. Mandzukic fits our rotation striker profile well, RVP too. if we sign one of them we will have: Tevez, Morata, Mandzukic/RVP, Dybala, Coman*, Berardi*. Coman and Berardi arent here next season for 100%, one of them might leave out on loan (or both but also both could stay).

now look at that group, we have 5 players for 2 spots, or 6 players for 3 spots depending on the formation we will mainly use next season. so does signing Mandzukic or Van Persie mean Tevez is gone^^? absolutely not. and before someone comes up with "we cant afford to have a 40M player on the bench" or "Mandzukic is on too high wages to be on the bench" or "he wont accept a rotation role" ask yourself this. why couldnt we have a 40M guy on the bench, especially if he is 21? that 40M striker will start quite a number of games next season, even if he isnt 1st choice. if we use 4-3-2-1 most of the time, even more. the season after that is where we expect him to be the 40M striker we want. "but why sign him now, this must mean Tevez is leaving?" good luck signing him next season then from Arsenal or PSG, or finding another opportunity like this. also this way he gets time to settle into the team better.

we are negotiating with Mandzukic, he knows what players we have, he knows how good he is and he knows how big this club is where nothing is granted. if you want to be a sure starter you go to VW or Milan. if you want to fight for a starting spot with other quality players you go to a top team, like us. quite simple actually. now the fact that Mandzukic is in negotiations with us (apparently) and that he understands all this, tells you that he would accept such a role, if we sign him. about his wages, Khedira has big wages too, will he be a sure starter then?

we are CL finalists, its hard to improve on that. Tevez-Morata was one of the best striker duos in the world past season, how does it get better than that? by adding quality onto the bench. players that can come on and change the game with their ability. thats what we are looking to add. quality subs that will help us when the game isnt going the way we want

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
currently we have Tevez, Morata, Llorente, Coman, Dybala (Matri will return to Milan). latest rumor is we dont want Zaza and will take Berardi only. if thats true, our attack would be pretty much stacked. Llorente is leaving however, and we dont have a rotation striker for Morata. Zaza would fill that role but (apparently) isnt coming. so we are one striker short. Mandzukic fits our rotation striker profile well, RVP too. if we sign one of them we will have: Tevez, Morata, Mandzukic/RVP, Dybala, Coman*, Berardi*. Coman and Berardi arent here next season for 100%, one of them might leave out on loan (or both but also both could stay).

now look at that group, we have 5 players for 2 spots, or 6 players for 3 spots depending on the formation we will mainly use next season. so does signing Mandzukic or Van Persie mean Tevez is gone^^? absolutely not. and before someone comes up with "we cant afford to have a 40M player on the bench" or "Mandzukic is on too high wages to be on the bench" or "he wont accept a rotation role" ask yourself this. why couldnt we have a 40M guy on the bench, especially if he is 21? that 40M striker will start quite a number of games next season, even if he isnt 1st choice. if we use 4-3-2-1 most of the time, even more. the season after that is where we expect him to be the 40M striker we want. "but why sign him now, this must mean Tevez is leaving?" good luck signing him next season then from Arsenal or PSG, or finding another opportunity like this. also this way he gets time to settle into the team better.

we are negotiating with Mandzukic, he knows what players we have, he knows how good he is and he knows how big this club is where nothing is granted. if you want to be a sure starter you go to VW or Milan. if you want to fight for a starting spot with other quality players you go to a top team, like us. quite simple actually. now the fact that Mandzukic is in negotiations with us (apparently) and that he understands all this, tells you that he would accept such a role, if we sign him. about his wages, Khedira has big wages too, will he be a sure starter then?

we are CL finalists, its hard to improve on that. Tevez-Morata was one of the best striker duos in the world past season, how does it get better than that? by adding quality onto the bench. players that can come on and change the game with their ability. thats what we are looking to add. quality subs that will help us when the game isnt going the way we want
Bolded :tup:

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Mandzukic is a boss, simple as that. Rate him a lot. Because of our depth i don't know if he would come, as he may be fearful of getting benched. But i would take him at a reasonable price and on reasonable wages any day of the week.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If you want to be a big club, then you are going to have players that could start for most teams in the world on your bench. It's a fact of footballing life.

We all want Juve to be a big club, and this is what comes with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)