Mario Mandžukić - ST - Atletico Madrid (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
That attack is deeper than what we had this past year. But I do agree that an AM would be of utmost importance, unless Pereyra explodes next season.
If we really want to push for CL again I don't think Tevez, Morata, Dybala, Berardi, Mandzukic is too much, at least with Tevez or Dybala in an AM type position. Although I'm not too sure what those Nainggolan rumours mean, unless Khedira and Radja are going to sit on the bench half the time, and Pirlo still could stay.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If we really want to push for CL again I don't think Tevez, Morata, Dybala, Berardi, Mandzukic is too much, at least with Tevez or Dybala in an AM type position. Although I'm not too sure what those Nainggolan rumours mean, unless Khedira and Radja are going to sit on the bench half the time, and Pirlo still could stay.
Oh, hell, I don't think that attack is too much at all. Damn, I would be in ecstasy if we were to have an attack like that.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
That attack is deeper but at this point it can be viewed as a downgrade temporarily.

Well yeah,Dybala and Berardi could explode ofcourse but it certainly isnt a given.I just dont believe we'll mount a cl challenge with those set of strikers.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That attack is deeper but at this point it can be viewed as a downgrade temporarily.

Well yeah,Dybala and Berardi could explode ofcourse but it certainly isnt a given.I just dont believe we'll mount a cl challenge with those set of strikers.
Well, look at it this way. If Tevez and Llorente were to leave, and they were replaced with Dybala, Mandzukic, and Berardi. If it is a downgrade, how much of one are we really talking about?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Well, look at it this way. If Tevez and Llorente were to leave, and they were replaced with Dybala, Mandzukic, and Berardi. If it is a downgrade, how much of one are we really talking about?
It's unknown, what if Dybala & Berardi flopped... and then what? Morata-Mandzukic?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Thats why i said temporarily.

Because i'm not certain Dybala and Berardi could explode right away.It might probably take 2 or so yrs for them to be CL quality.I hope u get what i'm saying..We'd be in transition next season if the following happens.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Thats why i said temporarily.

Because i'm not certain Dybala and Berardi could explode right away.It might probably take 2 or so yrs for them to be CL quality.I hope u get what i'm saying..We'd be in transition next season if the following happens.
I certainly understand that. Transition was going to happen in the attacking department whether it was this coming season or the next. For what it's worth, I would rather they do it now and allow Berardi and Dybala the time to adjust, then be forced to do it at the end of next season, when Tevez was nearly certain to be gone anyway.

And besides, we have a coach that can adapt to these types of challenges. He's proven that before.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Who thought Tevez would flop? Plus we still had the likes of Quag & Vucinic at that point.
There were a lot of people who thought that. There were more than a few who thought that if Tevez was purchased for such a low amount, then something must have been wrong. I'm talking about the perception of when he was acquired. Smae thing with Llorente. There were those who thought that since he must be a free transfer, there is an issue.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Tevez was a sure bet Hustini.Dybala and Berardi are viewed as long term players whereas Tevez was a finished article reasy to destroy the league right away.He certainly offers/offered more guarantees in comparison to this scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

ready*

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I remember arguments about his temperament and professionalism.
There were a lot of people who thought that. There were more than a few who thought that if Tevez was purchased for such a low amount, then something must have been wrong. I'm talking about the perception of when he was acquired. Smae thing with Llorente. There were those who thought that since he must be a free transfer, there is an issue.
Ok I forgot that. But at the time they were only adding to what we had. Now the status quo is going (maybe?) and it could be almost a total unknown apart from Morata. That's what I'm saying, it could end up being a serious downgrade (i.e. Berardi & Dybala flop/just too inexperienced) with no real backup plan. Compared to signing Tevez & Llorente, we didn't really lose any forwards, so at worst it would have been the same.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I certainly understand that. Transition was going to happen in the attacking department whether it was this coming season or the next. For what it's worth, I would rather they do it now and allow Berardi and Dybala the time to adjust, then be forced to do it at the end of next season, when Tevez was nearly certain to be gone anyway.

And besides, we have a coach that can adapt to these types of challenges. He's proven that before.
I think part of the reason why we are nailing these deals so quickly is to ensure Allegri has maximum time to get them gelled in preseason.

Likewise, they must be fairly convinced that Berardi & Dybala will do better in a better team surrounded by more capable players.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Who is to say that neither Dybala or Berardi can't "destroy the league"? If anything, the latter has shown the past 2 years that he is more than capable of being a protagonist in the league. But I thought we were talking about CL?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Tevez was a sure bet Hustini.Dybala and Berardi are viewed as long term players whereas Tevez was a finished article reasy to destroy the league right away.He certainly offers/offered more guarantees in comparison to this scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

ready*
I agree, I always liked Tevez. Most people knew what we were getting when we signed him. A few out there weren't convinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)