Mario Mandžukić - ST - Atletico Madrid (40 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Hope he isnt a Tevez replacement.

Please,god no.
Tevez can't be replaced. Even Aguero wouldn't bring so much grinta into our play. But sooner or later we'll have to deal without him. Dybala, Coman and Berardi would be his replacements.

Mandzukic would be another option as a poacher. Morata, Llorente and Zaza would be the other options.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
to be fair to @DAiDEViL, Mandzukic at the same age as Zaza is now was playing for Dinamo Zagreb and scored 14 goals in 24 games. the season after, he went to VW and scored 8 goals in 24 games and 12 goals in 32 games prior to his move to Bayern. before Bayern bought him he wasnt really a world beater either. and this season he has 12 goals (3 penalties) in 28 games.

Zaza on the other hand, who i find very underrated here, has already 2 Serie A seasons in which he scored 9 and 11 goals and before that scored 18 in Serie B. he is still 3 years younger than Mandzukic was when Bayern bought him.

not really fair to compare them, as they are at different stages of their careers, but if Zaza and Mandzukic are both 23/24 now, statistically they are pretty even, id even give Zaza the edge here...
You mean 20 goals in 42 matches across all competitions, right? Or are you purposely misrepresenting his numbers because you don't like him?

If you had to chose between Zaza or Mandzukic at 23/24? What, are we basing transfers off of fantasy land? LOL, I've never in my life heard such a rediculous method of judging somebody's talent.

Mandzukic is a good striker. Better than Llorente by leaps and bounds. I would say equal to or slightly better than Morata in some peoples' eyes. Getting Mandzukic would be huge for strengthening our options in attack. And some people are debating if Zaza is better? LOL...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You mean 20 goals in 42 matches across all competitions, right? Or are you purposely misrepresenting his numbers because you don't like him?

If you had to chose between Zaza or Mandzukic at 23/24? What, are we basing transfers off of fantasy land? LOL, I've never in my life heard such a rediculous method of judging somebody's talent.

Mandzukic is a good striker. Better than Llorente by leaps and bounds. I would say equal to or slightly better than Morata in some peoples' eyes. Getting Mandzukic would be huge for strengthening our options in attack. And some people are debating if Zaza is better? LOL...
did you read my previous posts on him? ofcourse i rate him and id like us to sign him, if his wages arent too high (id give him Llorentes wages). i was merely stating that i understand why DAiDEViL was asking what has Mandzukic over Zaza, except for experience. if you would compare Mandzukic from VW to this Zaza, they would be tretty even, or Mandzukic would have a small advantage.

also, his scoring record this season isnt that impressive at all. 12 league goals (3 pens), 2 CDR (against a 3rd/4th league team), one in the SC against Real and 5 in CL groupstages (including a hattrick vs Olymp). i liked him at Bayern, and i think he underachieved at Atletico considering what was expected from him.

i never asked who would someone chose if both were 23/24. what i was saying is, Mandzukic prior to joining Bayern wasnt really taking the world apart. he was pretty meh, no one saw him as a key signing for Bayern, but as a backup for Gomez. he went to VW from Croatian league at the age of 24. two years later at age 26 he joined Bayern, after 2 solid but nothing special seasons.

Zaza on the other hand, who is soon to be 24, already has 2 Serie A seasons with 9 and 11 goals. Zazas last 2 seasons in Serie A (22-23, 23-24) = Mandzukics 2 seasons at VW before moving to Bayern (24-25, 25-26). this doesent mean Zaza will be better for us than Mandzukic was at Bayern, or than Mandzukic would be for us, but it does say something. also, there is a reason we inserted a buyback of 15M into his contract and are about to activate it in the coming days/weeks. i would ofcourse prefer us to have Mandzukic or RVP instead, but i think Zaza will do good. i find the guy very underrated here

about your last part, he is not better than Morata. Morata this season was immense for us, especially in the CL. even in Serie A he had some crucial goals and assists. Morata is also way more versatile, and is much better with the ball. i agree hes better than Nando though. and also agree he would improve our attack a lot. imagine putting in Mandzukic in the last 20-30 mintues in a CL ko game against a tired defense to run at them :tuttosport:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)