Mario Mandžukić - ST - Atletico Madrid (48 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
We'll get Mandzukic and Zaza. The meltdown here will be full and at the end of the season they will be a massive part of our success and Lion will quote and laugh at you. :D

Let's hope so :xfinger:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
DaiDevil just stop. That's a ridiculous comparison and comment and as a good friend i'll stop it from getting even more ridiculous. Zaza is a $#@!ing nobody with as much to his name as a youngster when he actually isn't one.

If we were to use your logic that he (Mandzukic) only scored a lot of goals because he was flanked by great players, then all strikers who played with great players who assisted them more often than not aren't good neither. Guess what, that would include almost every number 9 in history.
to be fair to @DAiDEViL, Mandzukic at the same age as Zaza is now was playing for Dinamo Zagreb and scored 14 goals in 24 games. the season after, he went to VW and scored 8 goals in 24 games and 12 goals in 32 games prior to his move to Bayern. before Bayern bought him he wasnt really a world beater either. and this season he has 12 goals (3 penalties) in 28 games.

Zaza on the other hand, who i find very underrated here, has already 2 Serie A seasons in which he scored 9 and 11 goals and before that scored 18 in Serie B. he is still 3 years younger than Mandzukic was when Bayern bought him.

not really fair to compare them, as they are at different stages of their careers, but if Zaza and Mandzukic are both 23/24 now, statistically they are pretty even, id even give Zaza the edge here...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

We could do a lot worse than Mandzukic, as history has proven. One thing is for certain; those who bash this potential transfer will switch their tune 2 months after he arrives. He's not Tevez for sure, but he's a very good forward who not only can score goals, but is a first line of defense...he's constantly pressing defenders and not giving them space to breathe. He was an integral part of Bayern few years ago which was in my opinion the most complete, dominating team ever. He wasn't there without a reason. Just ask any Bayern fan.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
This Mandzukic guy, why would we need him? If it's because Tevez is leaving, it'd better be because we'll be putting our money on Berardi and Dybala... Mandzukic can only really be considered a Llorente replacement and since he's on the bench I don't see this happening.
I'd keep Llorente and play him more often in the league, flanked by Berardi & Dybala. He'll regain form in an instant :tuttosport:

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I would love to have Mandzukic above Zaza and especially if we are seeing Llorente leaving. This guy is a monster in the air and we have been pissed poor with our set-pieces apart from Pirlo's direct freekicks.
We get alot of chances on corners but somehow we fail to threaten the opposition keeper.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
We could do a lot worse than Mandzukic, as history has proven. One thing is for certain; those who bash this potential transfer will switch their tune 2 months after he arrives. He's not Tevez for sure, but he's a very good forward who not only can score goals, but is a first line of defense...he's constantly pressing defenders and not giving them space to breathe. He was an integral part of Bayern few years ago which was in my opinion the most complete, dominating team ever. He wasn't there without a reason. Just ask any Bayern fan.
I hope he comes to replace Llorente and not Tevez. That would be an amazing signing.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
to be fair to @DAiDEViL, Mandzukic at the same age as Zaza is now was playing for Dinamo Zagreb and scored 14 goals in 24 games. the season after, he went to VW and scored 8 goals in 24 games and 12 goals in 32 games prior to his move to Bayern. before Bayern bought him he wasnt really a world beater either. and this season he has 12 goals (3 penalties) in 28 games.

Zaza on the other hand, who i find very underrated here, has already 2 Serie A seasons in which he scored 9 and 11 goals and before that scored 18 in Serie B. he is still 3 years younger than Mandzukic was when Bayern bought him.

not really fair to compare them, as they are at different stages of their careers, but if Zaza and Mandzukic are both 23/24 now, statistically they are pretty even, id even give Zaza the edge here...
finally :heart:

Jan 5, 2007

:tup:

I dont mind zaza as rotaion player,he is younger and less salary.

Ntm that he already said it that juve want him and sasuolo said it too, i think the deal is already there.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I think people are sceptical with this transfer because they consider Mario as Tevez' replacement. That would leave the responsibility for creating chances on Dybala and possibly Berardi who are still very unexperienced.
If the Croatian would be replacing Llorente that would be undeniable leap in quality. I find his attitude very similar to Vidal, Tevez and Chiellini.

Apr 19, 2007
He isnt replacing Tevez we already have that guy in Dybala now we need a change of strategy guy that gives us aerial threat if they pack it in which he does and does it better than Llorente as well as giving a lot of effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)