Mario Lemina (8 Viewers)

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Why all the hate? I think he can become a decent player in the future, and Juve never really gave him the chance. I was very excited when we first got him on loan.
Yes, a decent player for Chievo.

No, I think we just don't need him, even if he once becomes decent.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Why all the hate? I think he can become a decent player in the future, and Juve never really gave him the chance. I was very excited when we first got him on loan.
Of course we gave him a chance. Many, many chances and he never showed anything. The only relevant thing he showed related to Juve was his performance playing for Marseille in that friendly.

Then we loaned him and he was terrible. Then we inexplicably signed him and of course he continued to be terrible.

Like the poster above me said, he can be a decent player... for Chievo, maybe Bologna. Just because the guy is young doesn't mean he has potential. He shows nothing to suggest that he is actually good at football. Some dribbling here and there is NOT actually playing football. He lacks all of the fundamentals and he'll be 24 by the start of the season.

Might as well sign Taraabt so that we see really cool dribbling in between the pointlessness at least.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Of course we gave him a chance. Many, many chances and he never showed anything. The only relevant thing he showed related to Juve was his performance playing for Marseille in that friendly.

Then we loaned him and he was terrible. Then we inexplicably signed him and of course he continued to be terrible.

Like the poster above me said, he can be a decent player... for Chievo, maybe Bologna. Just because the guy is young doesn't mean he has potential. He shows nothing to suggest that he is actually good at football. Some dribbling here and there is NOT actually playing football. He lacks all of the fundamentals and he'll be 24 by the start of the season.

Might as well sign Taraabt so that we see really cool dribbling in between the pointlessness at least.
ffs, the first season we struggled as a team because Vidal was sold, Pirlo left, Pogba new nr. 10 and struggled until Claudio was back.
This season, 2-3 min as a winger when the match is basically over. Do you even watch Juve play?

- - - Updated - - -

Cause he's the key to Cancelo.

I dont know cancelo and have never seen him play but i absolutely want him here
I'm not against that, just find it funny that ppl are hating on a player we never really gave a ''real'' chance.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
ffs, the first season we struggled as a team because Vidal was sold, Pirlo left, Pogba new nr. 10 and struggled until Claudio was back.
This season, 2-3 min as a winger when the match is basically over. Do you even watch Juve play?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not against that, just find it funny that ppl are hating on a player we never really gave a ''real'' chance.
Lemina doesnt fit in our current system. better to let go and get someone who does instead of shoehorn him like giovinco

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

- - - Updated - - -

What are you even talking about. 2-3min as a winger? have you forgotten that Lemina was a starter at the beginning of the season as a midfielder?

Its understandable if you forgot, because that's how bad he was. He was in a midfield 3 and was frustratingly bad. He was tried as mezzala and as regista and failed as both. Then he (or I guess Max instructed him to) kept it simple in the middle of a midfield 3 and played DM. That was the least poor position for him. Because he kept it simply and just gave very short passes without screwing up. That's how limited he is. He started 6 of the first 8 matches in the league as well as 2 of the first 3 matches in CL. IF he had been a capable midfielder, then he wouldn't have lost his spot and gotten so deep in the bench.

So how is beginning the season as a starter, and remaining so until the end of october, not a real chance? Max gives chances to everyone, if you are good then you play.

On the first season, would we struggle so much without Marchisio if we had a good player there instead of someone like Lemina or Hernanes? no. The reason Marchisio had such a great impact is because of the gap in quality between him and the rest. But that's not fair on Lemina, a young loanee shouldn't be expected to carry the team. What he should be expected to do is contribute (he didn't) and show individual promise (he didn't). He was nothing but "1 more body on the field" during his first year. Then managed to get worse his second season by adding terrible decision making to his arsenal, like going for glory (and failing of course) instead of giving Pjaca a goal, or the red card against Lyon.

Its unbelivable that there are people that still rate him. The only reason he was hyped is because he was a young player with the poor-man's Pogba look.

- - - Updated - - -

If we are gonna have scrubs, which we always need, at least I want scrubs who don't screw up. Who just come in and do the basics quietly. If only Padoin was 5 years younger. Then he could be 5th choice in a 2 man midfield and there is no harm done. But having a permanent backup that you dread putting on the field is of no use. Rincon was supposed to be that but he hasn't looked too solid (although better than Lemina of course). The back up's back up (the Lemina role) needs to be a harmless player that has the basics down, fanciness is not required. Which is the opposite of our Mario.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Typically when I player hasn't made much of an impact for 2 years they just aren't good enough. Examples include Isla, Ogbonna, Pereyra etc. I think we can add Lemina to the list.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Stoke and West Ham want Lemina
By Football Italia staff

Juventus midfielder Mario Lemina is on the market and has offers from West Ham United and Stoke City.

Sky Sport Italia and Sky Sports UK both report that the Gabon international is attracting interest from the Premier League.

While the English media focus more on Stoke, Italian sources note West Ham are not to be underestimated.

The Bianconeri have put Lemina up for sale this summer and the asking price is €20m (approximately £18m).

So far, the offer on the table from Stoke seems to be €15m (£13.5m), claim Sky Sports UK.

Lemina turns 24 next month and was signed from Olympique Marseille in 2015 for €10.5m.

Last season he made 29 competitive appearances for Juve, scoring one goal.

---

Bidding war :weee:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Everton and Southampton want Lemina too
By Football Italia staff

Mario Lemina is wanted by Southampton, Valencia, Everton, West Ham United and Stoke City, but the price-tag is €20m (£18m).

The midfielder was signed from Olympique Marseille, but is no longer part of Max Allegri’s plans for this season.

English reports note that Stoke City and West Ham are interested, but Tuttosport include Everton and Southampton as strong contenders.

Meanwhile, Lemina has been mentioned as a make-weight in Juve’s bid for Valencia full-back Joao Cancelo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)