Mario Lemina (4 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
We all know he's more B2B than DM but he still did very well. It's better to play Lemina there than Pjanic who's a complete waste as DM. We all know Pjanic has to play LCM, he's simply too good to play as DM, so much creativity :tuttosport:

The good thing is Lemina keeps on improving and even though his long range passing sucks, he's still much better than Hernanes who's an inter agent in a Juve shirt.

Tbh Lemina was the reason I was against signing Witsel who would probably take the kid's place. Now Lemina will have chances to develop into a better player and Witsel will come for cheap or free. Killing two birds with one stone :D

You all can say I'm biased when it comes to Lemina (yeah I am, lol) but I fell in love with this kid the moment we played the friendly against OM a year ago. Reminds me a lot of Vidal, who should have never been sold in the first place but now we can develop ourselves a new version of Vidal and I'm really looking forward to see this kid develop even more.

Buy on AliExpress.com

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Yep.

I only think he can really struggle as a DM under pressure with his first touch and passing. His most reliable trait is carrying the ball in spurts in a more advanced position.

So I would really understand if Allegri chooses to play Pjanic at that position vs Sevilla and Inter.

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
I thought Lemina was decent this game. He pushed the ball into spaces and offered far more than Asamoah and Khedira.

Lemina played DM but still ran straight at their defense more times than Asamoah and Khedira combined.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I thought Lemina was decent this game. He pushed the ball into spaces and offered far more than Asamoah and Khedira.

Lemina played DM but still ran straight at their defense more times than Asamoah and Khedira combined.
He lost the ball often and was poor first half. Second he was much better. He needs to build a bit more physique.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
No, it was defensive midfielder. That's not necessarily a regista and Lemina will never ever be able to play as a regista. His passing set is way too narrow to do that.
marchisio ’s replacement is lemina and he played in that DM(DM+regista(playmaker) position instead of marchisio, it’s really that simple.

Mike C

Jul 28, 2016
He had a bad game and played poorly, but he did improve after the half. I still like him in this position more than anyone else. He shouldn't be played with a mid field of khedira and asamoah though, he only brings defensive qualities, and simple passing right now. But he is capable of holding the line. The creativity needs to come from Sandro, pjanic, alves, and khedira in this team, not from the DM position like we are used to. I don't remember him making any mistakes once Asa and Evea were subbed off

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Can't ask him to play as a creative player, he's there for physicality and energy, breaking up the play and starting the attacking phase. Asamoah disappointed me most.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
marchisio ’s replacement is lemina and he played in that DM(DM+regista(playmaker) position instead of marchisio, it’s really that simple.
No it really isn't. Marchisio has the characteristics to play as a regista, Lemina doesn't and it changes our gameplay. If you don't apply that logic than Gattuso was a regista multiple times in his career.

What Lemina does is basically what @JuveJay and @Mike C say above this post. His short passing can not be catalogued under the regista label. A regista by definition dictates play.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The more I see of him the less I rate him, I get bias but no idea why so many people love this guy. I don't even trust him as a sub but thankfully for us we're lightyears ahead in Serie A and could probably accommodate anybody from this forum in a Serie A game and win comfortably.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Use him as a DM like he is...he is not there for the attacks..he needs to pass the ball asap to pjanic or to a treq or a winger.

But as long as he is used as a pseudo Pogba, we will be done for soon.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Because he's great in a B2B role, not even Osman has confidence in him as a straight up DM

- - - Updated - - -

Use him as a DM like he is...he is not there for the attacks..he needs to pass the ball asap to pjanic or to a treq or a winger.

But as long as he is used as a pseudo Pogba, we will be done for soon.
Pogba never played as a DM other than some random Coppa ties under Conte, dafuq you on about

In a Pogba role, Lemina is pretty damn good actually

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)