Mario Lemina (1 Viewer)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
:agree:

I'd like to see us go for a CAM (Saponara level or better), a top class CM (established already as we have enough young guys), a similar to Alex Sandro in established-vs-potential RB.

All assuming we don't sell Pogba or lose Morata.
My wish is identical to yours. I can be fine with Saponara level player (or better yet Mkhi) if we get a top class CM. Or potential one.

Toughest task of all is getting Sandro level player on the right. Imo that player is Peres but he will be impossible to get.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The comparison shouldn't even be made for one simple reason. One player has 36 games 29 goals and the other has 40 appearances and 10 goals.

It's that simple. Nothing to compare, you both are strikers, and if you score more you are better.

Dont make me list seasons where Ronaldo outscored Messi

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The comparison shouldn't even be made for one simple reason. One player has 36 games 29 goals and the other has 40 appearances and 10 goals.

It's that simple. Nothing to compare, you both are strikers, and if you score more you are better.
2800 minutes - 29 goals
2100 minutes - 10 goals

Anyway you look at it, Morata has had a rough season. And Higuain has been an absolute monster.

But, it's appearing like Morata is starting to finally turn his season around. I'm hoping for a great finish and the double.

I'm also hoping we see a ton of Lemina to finish the season. I'd love to see the potential of a Lemina-Marchisio-Pogba midfield 3.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
When you score isn't negligible. Are you scoring most of your goals in the games of less importance, beginning of the season, or do you regularly find the net when it matters, in crucial part of the season. For the former the miss chokes on dicks in your man, for the latter part there's indisputable champion Morata who doesn't struggle under pressure, actually thrives under it and consequently spreads confidence among his teammates.
But if you fail weekly in smaller games then you aren't worth much imo. These games matter, in fact they matter the most because it's like 90 procent of the season. And if a player is easily scoring there and has nearly 30 goals, fuck yeah is much more valuable then one that scores just a third of that. You don't compete with that just because you scored couple of goals in big games.

Scoring is scoring, and if you in monstrous consistency put teams to the sword, then you are the champion, not the one who can't handle more then a third of that.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
My wish is identical to yours. I can be fine with Saponara level player (or better yet Mkhi) if we get a top class CM. Or potential one.

Toughest task of all is getting Sandro level player on the right. Imo that player is Peres but he will be impossible to get.
Mkhi would be awesome. But seems like Dortmund wouldn't be very open to selling him after the great season he's had and returning to CL for next year.

Gundogan would be the dream in midfield, but there's absolutely no way we can get him.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Higuain is clearly the better player at the moment.

What the fuck are you guys even arguing?

Morata went full Amauri for about 5 months before scoring vs Inter in coppa, while Higuain is carrying Napoli on his shoulders.

Choker or not Higuain has been amazing this season, one of the best CFs around.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
2800 minutes - 29 goals
2100 minutes - 10 goals

Anyway you look at it, Morata has had a rough season. And Higuain has been an absolute monster.

But, it's appearing like Morata is starting to finally turn his season around. I'm hoping for a great finish and the double.

I'm also hoping we see a ton of Lemina to finish the season. I'd love to see the potential of a Lemina-Marchisio-Pogba midfield 3.
I know the minute difference ofcourse, but it's game he appeared in still. The only reason he comes in as sub instead of start is lack of goals (besides being worse team player then Mandzu).

I don't want anything more then to see him be a consistent profilic gun of a striker, but until he is we need to ease off with the overrating. When last season ended, I hoped he would do what Dybala has done for us, but sadly not anywhere near that. I hope he makes up for it by going crazy lethal in most games coming up in the season.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Higuain is clearly the better player at the moment.

What the fuck are you guys even arguing?

Morata went full Amauri for about 3 months before scoring vs Inter in coppa, while Higuain is carrying Napoli on his shoulders.

Choker or not Higuain has been amazing this season, one of the best CFs around.
Osman and I are actually agreeing. :D

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
But if you fail weekly in smaller games then you aren't worth much imo. These games matter, in fact they matter the most because it's like 90 procent of the season. And if a player is easily scoring there and has nearly 30 goals, fuck yeah is much more valuable then one that scores just a third of that. You don't compete with that just because you scored couple of goals in big games.

Scoring is scoring, and if you in monstrous consistency put teams to the sword, then you are the champion, not the one who can't handle more then a third of that.
I don't think Morata is ever gonna be as prolific as Higuain is. But if he gets to the level of scoring 10-15 league goals per season and in addition remains decisive in important CL encounters then I'd take him any day over Higuain.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I don't think Morata is ever gonna be as prolific as Higuain is. But if he gets to the level of scoring 10-15 league goals per season and in addition remains decisive in important CL encounters then I'd take him any day over Higuain.
That's not good enough.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
That's not good enough.
It could be. Depends on what else he brings to the table. Vs Bayern he did not score but he assisted, created, helped the team hold the ball, kept the entire Bayern backline busy for 70 min. A CF should not just be measured on the amount of goals he scores.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It could be. Depends on what else he brings to the table. Vs Bayern he did not score but he assisted, created, helped the team hold the ball, kept the entire Bayern backline busy for 70 min. A CF should not just be measured on the amount of goals he scores.
And he did actually score... If the linesman wasn't 100% blind. :D

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
:p

Higuain is great. And for the first year since pre-Cristiano Madrid he's really living up to his potential. Definitely a monster so far. He has a tendency to disappear in big matches, and down the stretch, quite the opposite of Morata really, but he's been playing so well, I could see him finishing this season with a great run of scoring and singlehandedly keeping Napoli in the hunt.

As I said to @Hist once, if he played for Juve I think our mentality and the camaraderie here would have helped him to become even better.
:D He is going to meet the number of goals you said he must get to not be a flop very soon. He is one goal short. We were talking about this after the Villarreal exit and you said if he gets at least six goals until the end of the season then you will change your mind. He has 5 :) Is this you keeping your word?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Remember when Marchisio was 4th best CM? Yeah now only Pogba better and the rest far behind Claudio.

We talking impacting starter level quality that dominates even in big games, let's not settle for less and aspire for that.
you mean when Marchisio was 4th best CM and when we played EL semifinal? or last season when he was 2nd best and we reached CL final? yeah, remember that

also lol at Khedira being "far behind Claudio"

- - - Updated - - -

We lost the game, when we took of Morata, and had to put on an injured Mandzukic , with our best forward, dybala, injured

In the midfield, our most consistantly good player, Marchisio, was injured, Sturaro was according to his agent not match fit, and our big promise, lemina, was not registered.

You mean we need to evaluate what we have in depth ? Sure, all for it. But our starting quality is $#@!ing ace, and that was without Marchisio.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

assist to Sturaro

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Khedira is WC mid, undoubtedly. As the two previous posters pointed out the only issue are his injuries. But if Lemina can grow into this role then we wont need to search for another quality mid. Having Lemina to step in for Sami will be more than enough. This midfield may be considered among the best in Europe: Pogba, Marchisio, Khedira, Lemina and then players like Pereyra, Asamoah and Sturaro. Insane depth and quality. Maybe sell Stu and go for Diawara for an overkill.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Khedira is WC mid, undoubtedly. As the two previous posters pointed out the only issue are his injuries. But if Lemina can grow into this role then we wont need to search for another quality mid. Having Lemina to step in for Sami will be more than enough. This midfield may be considered among the best in Europe: Pogba, Marchisio, Khedira, Lemina and then players like Pereyra, Asamoah and Sturaro. Insane depth and quality. Maybe sell Stu and go for Diawara for an overkill.
Pereyra and Asamoah are specific cases though. they both missed quite a high number of games this season and didnt have an impact on the team in the games they played (due to needing time to return to usual fitness and form obviously). now, as the last thing we need next year is another season like this from our 2 supposed primary midfield rotation options where they miss more than half a season, i think the management should consider their status in summer. quite honestly, even without them our midfield depth looks fantastic with Pogba, Marchisio, Khedira, Lemina, Sturaro + a new CM (Hernanes out). Pereyra and Asamoah were obviously great players here (maybe if we had 13/14 Asamoah or 14/15 Pereyra vs Bayern as subs things would have been different now), so i prefer them regaining form and becoming important here again, but if the management and coaching staff thinks the risk of another season like this from one or both of them is too high then we should move on and find other options

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)