Mario Lemina (6 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Not convinced with him being a backup for Marchisio but with our run of games coming up we could really use as many players as we can.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
“We have to consider Roberto Pereyra and Mario Lemina as January signings, because we’ve barely had them so far this season." Allegri today. Nice to see he's on the mend. Well need him as Marchisios backup.
Galliani would be proud of this statement. :D

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
It's like people haven't even seen lemina play. Or forgot how good he was.
I didn't see the Genoa game, I don't know if he or Pogba subbed for Marchisio. I saw him against Frosinone and he was good against a very weak opponent. I remember well the Sassuolo game, in which he played as a DM and out midfield was total crap, we were outplayed. I also remember Hernanes doing reasonably well as a DM in a few games, including against City. He was crap as an AM, though.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I didn't see the Genoa game, I don't know if he or Pogba subbed for Marchisio. I saw him against Frosinone and he was good against a very weak opponent. I remember well the Sassuolo game, in which he played as a DM and out midfield was total crap, we were outplayed. I also remember Hernanes doing reasonably well as a DM in a few games, including against City. He was crap as an AM, though.
He played 4 games.

Genoa - great debute, prolly MOM besides the goalscorers

Frosinone - Good, but little to do.

Napoli - MOM, easily, besides scoring.

Sassuolo - Crap, like our whole midfield. Misspassed and lost plenty of possession.

so why is that you only remember the last game where his inexperience and age showed (Sturaro was crap too that game, and Pogba surrounded with no chance to do anything), and especially when our lack of confidence was evident against a team that aggressively pressed and intimidated us?

If he has recovered I would defenitely prefer him over Hernanes, who is too unintelligent in decision making and slow. Only thing Hernanes has over him is the passing, Lemina focuses more on simple and direct passes, while Hernanes if given plenty of time can be some good long balls.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
He played 4 games.

Genoa - great debute, prolly MOM besides the goalscorers

Frosinone - Good, but little to do.

Napoli - MOM, easily, besides scoring.

Sassuolo - Crap, like our whole midfield. Misspassed and lost plenty of possession.

so why is that you only remember the last game where his inexperience and age showed (Sturaro was crap too that game, and Pogba surrounded with no chance to do anything), and especially when our lack of confidence was evident against a team that aggressively pressed and intimidated us?

If he has recovered I would defenitely prefer him over Hernanes, who is too unintelligent in decision making and slow. Only thing Hernanes has over him is the passing, Lemina focuses more on simple and direct passes, while Hernanes if given plenty of time can be some good long balls.
What role did Lemina have against Genoa and Napoli? And passing is the most important attribute for this position.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I did not say he has bad passing, only that Hernanes has better long range one. In fact in all games but Sassuolo he barely missed a pass and made direct intelligently simple passes. His sense of positioning and moving in needed areas was alot better then what Hernanes shows.

In all his games so far EXCEPT Napoli, he has played DM/Holding mid/regista. The games he started that is, he also played as DM vs Bologna, coming on for Hernanes or someone else, but he took the DM regista role, and in 20 minutes provided the stability Hernanes completely failed at til that point.

Regarding Napoli, its the only game he played right sided CM, spent most of the game covering Padoin who was right back, or Hernanes in regista role (at times took over his duties), who was having one of the worst performances I seen a Juve player have. While Lemina was all over the midfield, either bullying Napoli players or taking point when it was needed with the ball. Him and Pereyra most useful ones this game (attack didnt get enough of the ball since we were so dominated, and defense was under huge pressue due to the exposure of Hernanes in middle).

Footage is easier then words:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I did not say he has bad passing, only that Hernanes has better long range one. In fact in all games but Sassuolo he barely missed a pass and made direct intelligently simple passes. His sense of positioning and moving in needed areas was alot better then what Hernanes shows.

In all his games so far EXCEPT Napoli, he has played DM/Holding mid/regista. The games he started that is, he also played as DM vs Bologna, coming on for Hernanes or someone else, but he took the DM regista role, and in 20 minutes provided the stability Hernanes completely failed at til that point.

Regarding Napoli, its the only game he played right sided CM, spent most of the game covering Padoin who was right back, or Hernanes in regista role (at times took over his duties), who was having one of the worst performances I seen a Juve player have. While Lemina was all over the midfield, either bullying Napoli players or taking point when it was needed with the ball. Him and Pereyra most useful ones this game (attack didnt get enough of the ball since we were so dominated, and defense was under huge pressue due to the exposure of Hernanes in middle).

Footage is easier then words:

So, bottom line is that he played DM against Frosinone, Genoa, Bologna (25min) and Sassuolo (he was terrible). My point is that Lemina is better as a CM than in the Pirlo role. The Napoli game supports this, so thanks for posting it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
CM is his natural role, he should be more mobile to do his great tackling and use his physical attributes (most impressive about him, strong and quick), he can fit in just fine as holding DM and has decent requirements for it (as holding mid, Pirlo role is another matter). But yeah he played that role in the beginning exclusively because of injuries and because it was either him or Padoin/Hernanes as options, so Allegri naturally preferred him. Now to get more minutes he should continue to be Marchisio's backup, but also get the chance to impress even more by playing instead of Khedira/Sturaro when its needed. More able to express himself in that role most likely.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
CM is his natural role, he should be more mobile to do his great tackling and use his physical attributes (most impressive about him, strong and quick), he can fit in just fine as holding DM and has decent requirements for it (as holding mid, Pirlo role is another matter). But yeah he played that role in the beginning exclusively because of injuries and because it was either him or Padoin/Hernanes as options, so Allegri naturally preferred him. Now to get more minutes he should continue to be Marchisio's backup, but also get the chance to impress even more by playing instead of Khedira/Sturaro when its needed. More able to express himself in that role most likely.
If you want we can make a bet whether Allegri will prefer Hernanes as Marchisio backup. I say he will.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lemina is Osman's hero. I think it's because he's a dick puncher.
Haha, I actually met the guy he punched (Ola Toivonen) several times, have some mutual friends. Next time he is vacationing back home I'll tease him for that dick punch.

But the actual reason is even if for brief games, I was genuinly impressed by lemina's well rounded game and tackling ability. I desperately miss that kind of player since Vidal left (and why I wanted Allan). We need bullies that will effortlessly rob and manhandle the ball from the opposition, make them fear us, while still being capable with the ball. Sturaro for example has that aggression, but he is too unimpressive with the ball for me, plus his aggression and tackling is in spurts, rather then a consistent streak throughout the game (in Lemina's debute alone, he made 6-7 hard perfect tackles I rarely seen other Juve players do).

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Haha, I actually met the guy he punched (Ola Toivonen) several times, have some mutual friends. Next time he is vacationing back home I'll tease him for that dick punch.

But the actual reason is even if for brief games, I was genuinly impressed by lemina's well rounded game and tackling ability. I desperately miss that kind of player since Vidal left (and why I wanted Allan). We need bullies that will effortlessly rob and manhandle the ball from the opposition, make them fear us, while still being capable with the ball. Sturaro for example has that aggression, but he is too unimpressive with the ball for me, plus his aggression and tackling is in spurts, rather then a consistent streak throughout the game (in Lemina's debute alone, he made 6-7 hard perfect tackles I rarely seen other Juve players do).
I really liked him when he played against us last Summer. I hope he could be an effective player in our squad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)