Mario Lemina (5 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We would have signed him had we known about Vidal earlier, that much is obvious.
So it was a fast deal with Vidal? I am really confused here, when we say it was a fast deal the Marotta lovers go and say it wasn't and that it was being discussed in the dark for longer.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
we should have done it regardless to vidal.
I think most agreed at the time that Allan was complete overkill, myself included. And I felt the same way about Nainggolan, but obviously it's easier to predict the future in hindsight. We could 'do a Chelsea', but as it is I think you'll see 1 or 2 CMs struggle to get a game here with everyone fit. You'd have Allan instead of Lemina, which is worth thinking about.

- - - Updated - - -

So it was a fast deal with Vidal? I am really confused here, when we say it was a fast deal the Marotta lovers go and say it wasn't and that it was being discussed in the dark for longer.
Could be both really, if they had reservations about his injury. Bayern wanted Vidal for a long time, we could have said to them that if he ever goes on the market we would do the deal. Then the crash happened. Lots of guesswork. But looking at how the mercato panned out it seems that at some point a decision to sell was made quickly, because we were set up with Pirlo out, Khedira in, and that was our midfield.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I think most agreed at the time that Allan was complete overkill, myself included. And I felt the same way about Nainggolan, but obviously it's easier to predict the future in hindsight.
at 11m, he would have been a bargain even as a squad player. the management should have been aware of pirlo leaving, also marchisio and pogba had their injuries last searon, so a central midfielder should have been a priority regardless of vidal's situation. i know that we've had sturaro, but allan is a better passer, and his defensive skills are more refined. allan was the best tackler of the league last season, that alone worth 11m.

btw when we played against monaco in the cl, i said we should get kondogbia. there are certain players like him or allan who are pretty safe bets. both would have fit our playing style perfectly.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Allan didn't cost €11m, let me just say that again.

€12m fee
Two-year loan of Duvan Zapata
½ Miguel Britos €2.5m

The clubs put this down as a total operation cost of €15m, but that is slightly creative, because a striker like Zapata is usually loaned for about €1m per season, rather than the €0.25m accounted for.

We maybe could have done something similar but it had to benefit Udinese as well. Or it would have been €17-18m cash.

Pogba, Marchisio, Vidal, Khedira, Allan, Asamoah, Sturaro (Pereyra, Padoin)

6 players into three spaces and 3 spares.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Allan didn't cost €11m, let me just say that again.

€12m fee
Two-year loan of Duvan Zapata
½ Miguel Britos €2.5m

The clubs put this down as a total operation cost of €15m, but that is slightly creative, because a striker like Zapata is usually loaned for about €1m per season, rather than the €0.25m accounted for.

We maybe could have done something similar but it had to benefit Udinese as well. Or it would have been €17-18m cash.

Pogba, Marchisio, Vidal, Khedira, Allan, Asamoah, Sturaro (Pereyra, Padoin)

6 players into three spaces and 3 spares.
We should have thought about getting rid of Sturaro and Padoin and gotten Allan. Then when the Vidal incident arrived we could have lifted Sturaro off the market and let Padoin go.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
We would have signed him had we known about Vidal earlier, that much is obvious.
If the deal was made quickly, I think Juve would've first looked to protect themselves with the money they were making from this deal. And that wouldn't be tantamount to underselling the player. Seeing that the negotiations concluded almost as soon as they broke in the press, it looks like there were discussions prior to when the negotiations came to light. The Chilean press as shady as they are, had mentioned that Vidal was promised to a big European club. Take it with a pinch of salt, but both scenarios are a distinct possibility. A) We discussed the player with Bayern before and had a gentleman so agreement maybe straight after the CL final before Copa preps. B) Post him crashing the Ferrari which compromised the price for the selling club.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Allan is growing faster. Lemina has the right environment now to grow in repertoire and skill set surrounded by the right level of players, but Allan is pretty much doing that all by himself at Udinese. Definitely Allan over Lemina for me.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
This just goes to show how cruel and unfair football is. Lemina plays his ass off for Juve, scores, is in good form, Marchisio returns, Lemina isnt even coming on from the bench and its been 8 days since anyone posted in this thread, is completely forgotten.

R.I.P. "play only in-form players to get the best out of your squad."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)