Mario Lemina (10 Viewers)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I want to see more of him before making up my mind on whether or not I want him to stay. But all in all, he could be a decent back up.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Yeah one good game. Good call there. I swear some people will just see what they want to see.
Agreed. Like seeing very few minutes of a young player and already concluding that he is better from a top established player.

We all want our young players to turn out to be gems. Thats why Inter fans got overly excited when Santon had a good game against Ronaldo and we got excited when De Ceglie terrorized Milan. We get carried away when a young player nets an impressive goal or has an impressive performance. We should wait, be patient and give the kid a long run of games before making a judgment. No one will be happier than me if he becomes as good as Khedira if not better. Who wouldn't want another pogba? Even if every single showing the kid had was as impressive (which is not the case), I would still say its too early to judge him as better from Khedira.

Sturaro had a much longer run of very good performances in big and small games but because he didn't score a flashy goal, no one said he is already better than Khedira. Lemina has to do better than sturaro first before comparing him to a top player like Khedira.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Lemina got plenty of playing time early in the season to judge what kind of player he is, or at least see the talent he possesses. It's not one game. It's not a couple of minutes. And I rate Lemina ahead of Sturaro, who I also love. He does everything Sturaro does, but he's much better on the ball. I wanted Lemina ever since I saw him play vs Juve in preseason when he bossed Pogba and our entire midfield. Maybe I'm biased. I just think his ceiling is immense.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lemina has to do better than sturaro first before comparing him to a top player like Khedira.
He already has. Only thing Sturaro has over Lemina is he wasnt injured for nearly 5 months. But Sturaro has not shown the kind of promising qualities and dynamic abilities as a DM and on the ball as Lemina has.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
He already has. Only thing Sturaro has over Lemina is he wasnt injured for nearly 5 months. But Sturaro has not shown the kind of promising qualities and dynamic abilities as a DM and on the ball as Lemina has.
:rofl:

picking a player who hasn't even played 10 matches for us against another who had a big impact on us getting to the final of CL and just scored the equalizer against bayern 2 weeks ago.

never go full retard :crazy:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah I am, in the first 4-5 games I saw of Lemina before his injury, I defenitely see a better player then Sturaro, someone that can grow into something better. While Sturaro has aggressive and has fighting spirit, but I find his overall package lacking/limited to become more then the role he has now. And it has nothing to do with goals, both scored fine goals (infact Sturaro has shown he has the mettle for big games in terms of attitude). Its all about defensive work which I find Lemina more consistently capable at (his strength and speed and strong tackling ability looked like someone who could cover/clean up big area), and to not squander possession/be comfortable on the ball, which Lemina is also more reassuring at. Sturaro is a pitbull terrier, but plays like one that is leashed, he hounds anyone close to him but doesnt seem to cover that much area and is not too equipped to be poised with the ball technically, seems nervous in games we hold most possession (tho he has good crosses).

Playing more games doesnt make you a better player, especially when that is mainly due to a long term injury. Lets hope Lemina can look as defensively intense and tidy player on the ball as he looked in the beginning. Right now its just one good goal, too soon to talk if he recovered enough from injury, will need time, like Pereyra does.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
No way man. The goal is the only bright thing I have seen from him so far. Other than that it is a lot of short safe passes and some defensive aggression. If he hadn't scored the goal, I'd have had no idea that he can attack better than sturaro.

Sturaro have shown defensive solidity, an ability give simple short passes and lots of grinta without a bad temper. My impression of Lemina was that he too is a destroyer but with more aggression and a bad temper. I see them both as similar types of players but in sturaro we have seen consistency over a large period of time and in many big games.

This goes back to my earlier point which is we have not seen enough of Lemina in terms of game time yet. It is obvious that his short stint has given us different impressions of his basic skills. My impression is that he would be a more violent and less consistent sturaro. Yours is that he is closer to a vidal type of player. We will have to wait and see. I have no idea how anyone can be confident about how he will pan out yet.

Khedira is ofcourse on another level and is first team material.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I am, in the first 4-5 games I saw of Lemina before his injury, I defenitely see a better player then Sturaro, someone that can grow into something better. While Sturaro has aggressive and has fighting spirit, but I find his overall package lacking/limited to become more then the role he has now. And it has nothing to do with goals, both scored fine goals (infact Sturaro has shown he has the mettle for big games in terms of attitude). Its all about defensive work which I find Lemina more consistently capable at (his strength and speed and strong tackling ability looked like someone who could cover/clean up big area), and to not squander possession/be comfortable on the ball, which Lemina is also more reassuring at. Sturaro is a pitbull terrier, but plays like one that is leashed, he hounds anyone close to him but doesnt seem to cover that much area and is not too equipped to be poised with the ball technically, seems nervous in games we hold most possession (tho he has good crosses).

Playing more games doesnt make you a better player, especially when that is mainly due to a long term injury. Lets hope Lemina can look as defensively intense and tidy player on the ball as he looked in the beginning. Right now its just one good goal, too soon to talk if he recovered enough from injury, will need time, like Pereyra does.
Players grow with game time man and with game time we also get to see what qualities he has and how consistently he can bring it to the table.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No way man. The goal is the only bright thing I have seen from him so far. Other than that it is a lot of short safe passes and some defensive aggression. If he hadn't scored the goal, I'd have had no idea that he can attack better than sturaro.

Sturaro have shown defensive solidity, an ability give simple short passes and lots of grinta without a bad temper. My impression of Lemina was that he too is a destroyer but with more aggression and a bad temper. Khedira is ofcourse on another level and is first team material.
I dont rate Lemina better offensively, but as an overall midfielder. Saying he is better at keeping possession or winning it doesnt mean I think he is good enough box to box, they both scored similar amount of goals and dont expect much improvement offensively in direct goals. Only that from what I seen of both, Lemina distributes the ball with more assurances and is less likely to lose it, not that either of them are box to box maestroes. And its entirely up to how you rate Sturaro, and I dont all that much, so saying someone is better then him doesnt mean I think they are the shit (did not compare him to Khedira for obvious reasons, tho Sami's defensive input and lack of speed/aggression is troubling). More of finding a more encouraging and dynamic qualities in Lemina for sure. Mainly as DM or ballwinning CM.

Also I dont get the bad temper bit for Juve, he is super aggressive and it was mainly shown in his first game vs Genoa where he was making last ditch tackles, tho they worked and confidently performed were close calls for someone who has yellow card. But in general he tackles/plays with the kind of aggression you need and seems to be in control. Not overly adventorous player with the ball or when winning it.

- - - Updated - - -

N

Players grow with game time man and with game time we also get to see what qualities he has and how consistently he can bring it to the table.
True, and Sturaro has gotten alot of opportunities and on consistent basis shown me he is not someone who can fight for a starting spot due to his limited attributes but is fine/decent as squad player. Mainly on the ball, but also that in winning it, he tends to not cover much ground but resctricts his strong aggression to just whatever thats close by, chases hard at times but not in a way that has a significant or imposing impact in the game. Has good physicality and fighting spirit, but if your overall qualities isnt well rounded enough dont see much room for growth etc (his kind of phycality and qualities would fit well for wing or fullback actually). While the sole reason I rate Lemina higher his skillset defenitely seems more complete. Strong/fast plus comfortable with the ball (dribbling or finding simple solutions) and has the nose of how and when to win possession. Obviously very raw and erratic but still see enough promise to grow to something better.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You like them young :D But I approve if that happens, even if its bit of a stretch we would have 3 teenage midfielders in our midfield roster.

Apr 17, 2013
talent has no age:p

Yeah but we keep anyway 4 player experience:
Zielinski - Pogba
Diawara - Khedira
Mandragora -Marchisio

And you keep assa for its versatility

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Asa might be done as a player we knew as sad as it sounds. And he is 5 years older then Lemina. What's the point in keeping him with his versatility if he is never available to show his qualities? I'm not saying that Lemina is the healthiest person of earth, but keeping Asa alone is a long shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)