Mario Lemina (6 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
wouldn't sell him, our bench is too thin
I'd rather get new bench players, this guy is just too stupid to play in this team. Our biggest strength is our cohesion and how we play as a unit. This guy $#@!s that up and adds unnecessary pressure on our defence with his stupid judgement.
Asamoah, Rincon and Mandragora aren't terrible bench options. Not to mention Marchisio.

I like Lemina but he never ended up settling at Juve and it feels like it's now too late for him to prove himself. He's got too much talent to play so few minutes a season and he would be thinking that as well.

I reckon there are two types of players who are eligible to happily ride the bench: players like Asamoah, Lichtsteiner and Rincon accept the bench because they've learned that they're unable to play at the level required to start. They know that if they want to win trophies with this team they'll have to contribute from the bench. While a young player like Mandragora, Pjaca or Rugani is content to ride the bench because they believe it's the best place from which to grow as a player.

BUT the type of player who won't accept the bench for long is a Lemina or Benatia - they're both at a crucial stage in their careers when they should begin to gauge their full potential and prove their worth as regular starters for the big club they aspire to play for. If the coach won't give them the necessary minutes to do that then they'll look for another club. And the cycle will continue when Pjaca and Rugani reach that same stage of their careers - if they don't establish themselves at Juve they'll want to do so elsewhere. That is if their confidence and reputations remain intact.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I still think he's a good player who probably isn't in a team who suit him. Like Nenz says, these are the years where he needs to grow as a player. If a good PL offer comes in we should come to an agreement, because we can find someone from within Serie A to cover the minimal role he is currently taking.

Looks like our 2-man midfield might be around for a while, so players who are ordinarily CMs in a 3-man midfield are finding themselves playing out on the wing, or even being turned into wingbacks in a 3-5-2. Lemina is doing both, and you are never going to see the best from a player out of position. To me he looks like a box-to-box CM, he's being used wide because Pjaca is injured and he has a bit of pace.

This summer we'll have the 2/3 starters in Khedira, Pjanic and Marchisio, and others with Sturaro, Lemina, Rincon, Mandragora and Bentancur on our books. The latter two might go on loan but I'd imagine at least one of the former will be sold, and with Sturaro having signed a new deal and Rincon only arriving in January that looks like Lemina. Maybe Sturaro will go too if a PL offer comes in for that madman. I'd imagine we'll sign an expensive 'starting quality' CM either way, so you end up with 4 starting CM, 2 backups, and then one versatile player who can cover different positions (currently that is Sturaro or Lemina).

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
I do still think that lemina has great potential. If he would play a lot and get the routine, he'd grow exponentially.

BUT I do also agree that he won't probably get that playtime soon at Juve, so he probably does want to switch.
I'd rather keep him and sell Rincon though, he is younger and can cover several positions (DM, CM, LM/RM).

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Told you guys, only a matter of time until he starts rocking the boat. He wants to play, he won't get that much PT here its time to sell.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Good. 1 season too late.

- - - Updated - - -

Great kid, he's got the basics and I do believe he can grow here and become an above average midfielder for us. Wish him the best if he does leave. Shouldn't have made moves on Valentina bro.....
What basics are those? because that is exactly what he lacks, any sort of basic footballing foundations. He plays like he got by in the youth teams with his above average technique and never learned any of the basics of a real footballer. Primavera players have a more solid understanding of the game than he does.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Good. 1 season too late.

- - - Updated - - -

What basics are those? because that is exactly what he lacks, any sort of basic footballing foundations. He plays like he got by in the youth teams with his above average technique and never learned any of the basics of a real footballer. Primavera players have a more solid understanding of the game than he does.
You're exaggerating...Lemina is far from being a garbage player, he's no worse then what Marchisio was at his age.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)