Mario Götze - AM - Bayern Munich (42 Viewers)

Will Beppe get him?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeC_U

Jan 10, 2015
Milan signed zlatan, gave him huge wages.

As a result, players renewing wouldnt just accept low wages. The consequence was players like flamini on 6mil and mexes on 4.5. majority was around 4-5 mil.

Milan sold everything and is shit since
It's not that simple, as you have to take other factors into account such as marketability, and Goetze is a star player who will undoubtedly bring in more money.

Anyways, you can't expect to keep your top players if you don't offer good salaries. If Pogba (just an example) wanted to get a salary raise because Goetze is earning more than him, then he probably deserves it. But do you think Licht or Marchisio or Pereyra would ask for huge wages? Probably not. And ffs, don't compare us to Milan.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Technically, the best time to announce the Goetze sale would've been when they signed Vidal, so that they would be giving fans something to celebrate in return. Don't think the deal is wrapped up entirely, but yes, I do think the clubs have some sort of verbal agreement between them, with Juve having some sort of leverage (first right of refusal) if Goetze opts for a move.
Some of the sports journalists have been suggesting that because we didn't tie Gotze to the Vidal transfer, a separate transfer later is less likely. But I disagree. Multi-player transfers are complicated and hard to coordinate. Each player is different and tying the two together is a recipe to sink both respective deals if only one thing goes amiss.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
It's pretty uncommon for genuine 2 way player deals to happen, so yeah that doesn't mean anything. But i'm still skeptical we can pull off such a big name player who's also very young. When was the last time we signed an established WC talent? One that's young too, not a player approaching 30.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Well there was a lot of buzz around him but Gotze is easily one of the most highly rated young players in World football AND already at an Elite club. I just can't see us doing it. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
It's pretty uncommon for genuine 2 way player deals to happen, so yeah that doesn't mean anything. But i'm still skeptical we can pull off such a big name player who's also very young. When was the last time we signed an established WC talent? One that's young too, not a player approaching 30.
Diego

Paolino

Nov 1, 2013
The agent of Juventus target Mario Gotze says 'anything can still happen’ between now and the end of the transfer window.

“Mario has made it clear that his last two seasons have not been idyllic,” Volker Struth told Tuttosport.

“However, it’s also true that no club has come forward with an offer. Bayern have not ruled out a possible transfer, just as we won’t rule out any possible opportunity, to stay or go abroad.

“There’s still a long way to go until the end of the transfer window, so anything can still happen.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)