Mario Götze - AM - Bayern Munich (7 Viewers)

Will Beppe get him?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
They've won 4 scudetti in a row, reached the CL final and up to this season have had an excellent transfer policy. The season hasn't even started and you're already bitching about what they may have done wrong. It's blind pessimism from your part, not blind optimism from his.
:yawn: Same old BS spewed by the apologists. I am not arguing with the policy, but why rush and sell for that fucking price? It seems to me that we are just desperate to offload him as much as he wants to leave.

Even if a player wishes to leave, we don't have to bend over backwards and grant them their wish. They are bound by a fucking contract after all. We can tell them, we will let you leave, but give us time, and the offer has to be fair to us as well.

- - - Updated - - -

So instead of blindly following the management (which has given us year on year improvement and fantastic results over four years) we should death-ride every single move they make and proclaim doom and gloom?
No. I never said that :yawn: I am in favor in investing in potential (although I am totally against the amount we paid for Zaza, and underselling Vidal), but when selling one of your established stars (or losing 3 as is the case this summer), you need to replace them with like for like. You can't replace star quality and experience with potential.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:yawn: Same old BS spewed by the apologists. I am not arguing with the policy, but why rush and sell for that fucking price? It seems to me that we are just desperate to offload him as much as he wants to leave.

Even if a player wishes to leave, we don't have to bend over backwards and grant them their wish. They are bound by a fucking contract after all. We can tell them, we will let you leave, but give us time, and the offer has to be fair to us as well.
The apologists? What am I apologising exactly? The 4 scudetti or the CL final?

Also, we bought Vidal for 10.5 million and are selling him for 36. He was 24 when we got him and is now 28. To me this sounds like good business.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I think we should stop mentioning the CL final, it has been yet just another disappointment and we shouldn't treat an appearance in the CL final like winning the damn trophy. :sergio:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think we should stop mentioning the CL final, it has been yet just another disappointment and we shouldn't treat an appearance in the CL final like winning the damn trophy. :sergio:
Goddammit. It's about what it represents. Bar one game, we won everything we could have possibly won last season. If that's not a good season, I don't know what is.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
if we sold Vidal in the correct way, we could have easily got this guy
Correct way

He wanted to leave,so Marotta sold him,problem with Goetze is he wants to stay there ,it's not like Bayern won't consider him to be sold,it seems he doesn't want to move,are you suggesting
if we sold Vidal in the correct way, we could have easily got this guy
Correct way ?

He wanted to leave,so Marotta sold him,problem with Goetze is he wants to stay there ,it's not like Bayern won't consider him to be sold,it seems he doesn't want to move,so I don't have idea how should "correct way" be.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Given how long people kept going on about Juve's CL failures (Galatasaray and losing to arguably the best team of the last decade), I don't think it is unreasonable to keep mentioning that Juve did rather well in the CL last season.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The apologists? What am I apologising exactly? The 4 scudetti or the CL final?

Also, we bought Vidal for 10.5 million and are selling him for 36. He was 24 when we got him and is now 28. To me this sounds like good business.
Yaaay. The CL Final, that we lost, yet again. It is a fucking final, not a trophy.

Going by your logic, if we sell Llorente for 8 million it's great business, since we bought him for free. Perhaps getting 30 million for Pogba is also great business, since we got him for free as well :howler:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yaaay. The CL Final, that we lost, yet again. It is a fucking final, not a trophy.

Going by your logic, if we sell Llorente for 8 million it's great business, since we bought him for free. Perhaps getting 30 million for Pogba is also great business, since we got him for free as well :howler:

Wow. I find it incredible that I am able to refrain from throwing personal insults at you after this. I've made real progress. Of course you are on my ignore list now. Stuff like this cannot go unpunished.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Goddammit. It's about what it represents. Bar one game, we won everything we could have possibly won last season. If that's not a good season, I don't know what is.
It's been a fantastic season! It's like basically having the perfect dinner and about to cut the perfect cake, then you drop the fucking cake. That's what it was, we dropped the goddamn cake, sure the dinner was great but we fucked up on the damn cake!!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's been a fantastic season! It's like basically having the perfect dinner and about to cut the perfect cake, then you drop the fucking cake. That's what it was, we dropped the goddamn cake, sure the dinner was great but we fucked up on the damn cake!!
Yes, but that happens. You can't base our entire transfer policy on that and you can't criticise the board because we lost the CL final. We did excellent. And have been doing well for 4 years.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
There would be a lot of people around here who would be in no position to criticise selling Llorente for 8m, given just how low an opinion many people have of him.
I'm not his biggest fan either, but in this inflated market, anything less than 10 million for a player of his stature is a bad deal.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Given how long people kept going on about Juve's CL failures (Galatasaray and losing to arguably the best team of the last decade), I don't think it is unreasonable to keep mentioning that Juve did rather well in the CL last season.
We punched above our weight and got a good amount of luck, we were basically one healthy Modric away from elimination.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We punched above our weight and got a good amount of luck, we were basically one healthy Modric away from elimination.
That's BS. We had an excellent side. Sure, we weren't particularly unlucky when playing Real Madrid, but at that level it's so close you need luck to win it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juve didn't drop the cake.

There was one cake left and a customer at another table, who was richer and in a stronger position to get the cake, managed to beat Juve to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)