Mario Balotelli (56 Viewers)

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
In all honesty, Balotelli hasn't had much time to settle in anywhere. And at Liverpool he certainly doesn't fit their tactics. And he's too stupid to adapt it seems. I thought he was good at Milan. He did have a few great months there, and perhaps he shouldn't have left. Now, he's done in Liverpool and will have a hard time finding a new top club.. Balotelli has a special football talent, but there are many other non-football talents that block his way of becoming a very good player. I think he could explode at a team like Lazio or Inter..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I hope we get him instead of fucking zaza. I bet we can get him for Tevez money. Impact sub and occasional starter unless he pulls his shit together.
I'd rather sign Massimo Maccarone any day over this fucking retard.

- - - Updated - - -

I really can't believe some of you still want this prick at Juve, you guys can't be real.
It's insane beyond belief.

But it's all good. I know our club would never be retarded enough to sign this guy. He is damaged goods.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
In all honesty, Balotelli hasn't had much time to settle in anywhere. And at Liverpool he certainly doesn't fit their tactics. And he's too stupid to adapt it seems. I thought he was good at Milan. He did have a few great months there, and perhaps he shouldn't have left. Now, he's done in Liverpool and will have a hard time finding a new top club.. Balotelli has a special football talent, but there are many other non-football talents that block his way of becoming a very good player. I think he could explode at a team like Lazio or Inter..
What do you mean by special?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He has more talent than most others.. The combination of skills when he's in form is pretty rare. Pacy, physical, technical..
I've never seen any of these TBH.

Balotelli is average with terrible conduct and behavior and whoever sees him as some special talent hides behinds his conduct as an excuse.

He's not the player to make a difference.
No Zidane, Del Piero, Rivaldo and hundreds of other names etc technique
Not top 50 sprinters.
Not top free-kick takers, average passing skills.
Runs out of gas pretty fast.

If Balotelli was white and not black and not the person he is off the pitch Giovinco/Miccoli would be rated much more than him.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I've never seen any of these TBH.

Balotelli is average with terrible conduct and behavior and whoever sees him as some special talent hides behinds his conduct as an excuse.

He's not the player to make a difference.
No Zidane, Del Piero, Rivaldo and hundreds of other names etc technique
Not top 50 sprinters.
Not top free-kick takers, average passing skills.
Runs out of gas pretty fast.

If Balotelli was white and not black and not the person he is off the pitch Giovinco/Miccoli would be rated much more than him.
You can't be serious

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Better than bloody Zaza. I'd rather have an inconsistent man capable of the occasional magic moment than a player we are almost certain will be consistently terrible. Inter made use of him when he was theirs and so did City even though he was crazy at both clubs. At milan he was carrying their attack. Surely he is disappointing because we all know he should be capable of much more and that he is fucked in the head but I'd rather take a gamble on him for low money and hope to get something out of him rather than waste 15 mill on Zaza. I really hope Zaza proves me wrong
I hope Zaza proves us all wrong. He is still young and developing, that's why he is not at a headline club.

Balotelli may provide moments but they are far and few between. He's become a joke in the world of football. But that is just my take.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I am dead serious. Balotelli is overrated just because of his skin color.
:lol:

He has an excellent shot. He can dribble and is a creative passer. He is actually a very well-rounded player. His problem is in the head not in his skills. The only thing stopping him from being world class is himself really.

He is not over-rated at all. Everyone is frustrated with him because they know what he is capable of and that he is wasting it all away. He was amazing at the start of his Inter career and he was unstoppable in his first half season with Milan when Allegri was still there. If Allegri can get Matri to be a match winner I am sure he can get Balotelli out of his shell.

Plus we would not be wholly dependent on him in anyway. We have Tevez, Dybala and Morata. Balotelli would be cheap, is a big name and if we can get him scoring is also highly marketable. If he is not in good form then he is on the bench.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

He has an excellent shot. He can dribble and is a creative passer. He is actually a very well-rounded player. His problem is in the head not in his skills. The only thing stopping him from being world class is himself really.

He is not over-rated at all. Everyone is frustrated with him because they know what he is capable of and that he is wasting it all away.
Average shot, sometimes good. Average dribbler as-well.

Yes, he could have been very good player not world class because he's not as talented as people think IMO.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Average shot, sometimes good. Average dribbler as-well.

Yes, he could have been very good player not world class because he's not as talented as people think IMO.
He's shown glimpses of being a very good striker. Unfortunately he really is too crazy to make it. There's funny crazy and then there's insane. Balotelli's insane. I'm sure much of that has to do with being a black man in Italy, which is not easy, but even if it's not entirely his fault it will impact his career.

- - - Updated - - -

He is not over-rated at all. Everyone is frustrated with him because they know what he is capable of and that he is wasting it all away.
Making the most of what you have is a talent too.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He's shown glimpses of being a very good striker. Unfortunately he really is too crazy to make it. There's funny crazy and then there's insane. Balotelli's insane. I'm sure much of that has to do with being a black man in Italy, which is not easy, but even if it's not entirely his fault it will impact his career.
Good strikers are everywhere, world-class strikers are not. Even if he wasn't as crazy as he is he wouldn't make much of an impact in terms of football talent.

In every sport you have crazy individuals/sportsman but if they are really talented then they'll make it eventually, Mike Tyson is an example and tens of footballers and NBA players etc.

Mario blames his skin for being one of rare black player in Italy and that it's not easy, then you got someone like Tevez for instance who has lived in one of the most dangerous cities in the world, lost his bestfriend but would still make a difference because he IS talented.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Good strikers are everywhere, world-class strikers are not. Even if he wasn't as crazy as he is he wouldn't make much of an impact in terms of football talent.

In every sport you have crazy individuals/sportsman but if they are really talented then they'll make it eventually, Mike Tyson is an example and tens of footballers and NBA players etc.

Mario blames his skin for being one of rare black player in Italy and that it's not easy, then you got someone like Tevez for instance who has lived in one of the most dangerous cities in the world, lost his bestfriend but would still make a difference because he IS talented.
Tevez is a great example. He was kinda crazy (obviously not Balotelli level of crazy) falling out with Ferguson and Mancini and was constantly whining about being homesick. We got him at the price that we did because of his instability. When he is focused on football he is world class when he is not he is very inconsistent. In his first two seasons at city he was on fire but then he went crazy and became terrible. The talent was always there and now we are reaping the rewards.

Marotta recognized his talent and given the small transfer fee and the modest salary he accepted to join us, he was a low risk high reward kind of player for us and it proved to be a great transfer. Had he been crazy with us too then it would have been an average signing as he didnt cost us much anyway.

I think the same applies to balotelli but on a different scale. His time in Milan under Allegri had 12 goals in 13 games. Shaarawy was carrying the Milan team in the first half of the season balotelli was on fire in the second half. He was also on fire at the start of his Inter career. I remember very well how often he scored great goals against Juve. He also had a good second season at City. The talent is there, the price is low and the potential reward is high. If it doesn't pay off then we are unharmed. We are not like liverpool and Milan where we really need him to be on form for the team not to collapse. The team is very well functioning and delivering results without him. We have very able strikers on board. He can only be a bonus both in terms of football and commercially.

I don't agree with you that those with talent always make it. Cassano is an example of talent than never flourished. Adriano was an unstoppable player and then mentally collapsed. Robinho was very talented but he never delivered consistently outside the brazillian national team. Balotelli and all of these players lack mental powers not technical ones.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

If you really want to make it about raw talent name me one quality Balotelli does not have as a striker.

No this is about personality. And Tevez even exemplifies that. Look at that guy's workrate, then look at Balo.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
If you really want to make it about raw talent name me one quality Balotelli does not have as a striker..
It depends how you rate and define quality.

Balotelli doesn't have the finishing skills, he's not the typical number 9.

He can't be number 10, no class of all number 10's that you and I know well. The timing of his dribble is pretty weak and not that he can entertain you or when under pressure can pull something, no vision, doesn't run to make space/free himself, average shooting and no where near the Totti, Del Piero, Rui Costa type of shooters.

He may have little of everything, just a little, but that's not enough to be qualified as a quality striker.

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
I so want him to succeed. I hope he finds a club this summer that will suit him, probably a midtable club in Italy.
He needs to put his ego aside, take a pay cut, put his head down, and play for a less glamorous team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)