Mario Balotelli (114 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Mario Balotelli has hit back at his detractors by posting an emotional message on social media.

The Italy forward was substituted at half time of his team’s 1-0 defeat to Uruguay and has been the subject of fierce criticism following the Azzurri’s World Cup elimination.

Responding to those pointing the finger of blame in his direction, the 23-year-old implied that racism is at the heart of the vitriol being aimed his way and told critics to find another scapegoat.

“I am Mario Balotelli, I’m 23 years old and I did not choose to be Italian.” Balotelli wrote on Instagram. “I wanted it strongly because I was born in Italy and I’ve always lived in Italy.

“I was hoping for a lot from this World Cup and I am sad, angry and disappointed with myself.

“Yes, maybe I could have scored a goal against Costa Rica, you’re right, but then what? What is the problem after that?

“Maybe that’s what you all wanted to say? Don’t blame it all on me this time because Mario Balotelli have given everything for the national team and has done nothing wrong on a personal level.

“So go and look for another excuse because Mario Balotelli has his conscience in place and is ready to move forward stronger than before, with his head high.

“He is proud to have given everything for his country. Or maybe, as you say, I am not Italian. The Africans would never heap everything on one of their 'brothers.’ Never.

“In this sense us blacks, as you call us, are light-years ahead.

“Shame is not that you can miss a goal or run more or less. Shame is those things [I have mentioned].”

:rofl:

What a disgustingly arrogant and ungrateful piece of shit he is. should never wear the italy shirt again.

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Balotelli is a mental case but it doesn't excuse others using him as a shield for everything else that is wrong with the Azzurri right now.

Balotelli scored a goal and missed a couple chances. He was decidedly average for a team that created absolutely nothing in the final 2 games of the tournament. Absolutely nothing.

You'd think if Balotelli ran harder they would win the World Cup or something. De Rossi crying about him and he sat out the decisive game. Prandelli complaining about "structural limitations offensively" when he didn't call up Italy's best attacker and looked like he couldn't wait for the final whistle so he could resign.

So apparently Cassano had problems with the group too and put in some of his worst performances for the Azzurri in his career and gets no criticism.

Everything was fine and dandy in the Euros when he blasted them past Germany. You pass him the ball, he puts it in the net, everything is fine. You don't pass him the ball, he doesn't score, you don't win, you blame him.

De Rossi complains about needing real men in the squad but I don't think real men put all the blame on another so quickly.

It sounds like I'm defending Balotelli but I'm not. He's an idiot most of the time. I'd just like everyone to take their blame though because Balotelli is not the problem with the Azzurri and if you think removing him will fix the problem, you're wrong and the problem will never be fixed.

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
The Coach explained he made the decision because he was “afraid we’d end up with 10 men.”
According to the ANSA news agency, Prandelli had originally told Balotelli to “change attitude or I’ll replace you after 10 minutes.”
The player responded with irritation and allegedly continued to complain throughout the break, both to the Coach and the others in the locker room, prompting Prandelli to make the substitution immediately.

http://www.football-italia.net/51120/balo-substituted-after-row

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I was a big Balo fan, even got his kit this WC, but I'm so tired of his shit now.

Also, look at these idiot blaming everything on racisim. I'm trying to talk some sense into them but they are just downvoting it all without saying anything. Poor Balotelli, everyone is blaming everything on him and they're racist. Shut the fuck up.
http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/2927xo/mario_balotelli_is_annoyed_english_translation_of/
It's reddit. They're only a level below Tumblr in terms of bleeding heart retardation.

89man

Sep 4, 2013
Really hope he finally leaves.
But why he is being blamed for the exit i don't know.
Marchisio is the one who fingers should be pointed at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)