Margiotta to be Venezuela hero (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
WRONG FORUM SORRY

Margiotta to be Venezuela hero
Tuesday 10 February, 2004

Former Azzurrini Massimo Margiotta is about to be given his international debut – for Venezuela.

The hitman was born in the Venezuelan city of Maracaibo and holds a passport for both Italy and the South American nation.

Although he has already featured for Italy at Under-21 level, he is still available for a senior international debut with another country.

The Venezuelan Coach has now called him up for the February 18 friendly clash with Australia.

26-year-old Margiotta had already been contacted by his second nation in 1997, but opted to stick with Italy as he was making his mark.

The former Pescara, Udinese and Perugia man made his Under-21 Azzurrini bow in 1998 and notched up one goal in eight games, including the Sydney Olympics.

However, due to a new regulation passed on January 1, he can change his nationality at this late stage of his career.

This isn’t the only possible switch of nationalities, as Massimiliano Vieri has announced his intention to play with the Australian squad.

Unlike his older brother Christian, Max Vieri was born in Sydney in 1978.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
so, he played for u-21 for Italy, and played for the senior squad in Venezuela? Did he choose Venezuela over Italy for the senior squad? Just asking

all the best to you fab :)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
AND WHOS GONNA GO AND SEE HIM PLAY ON FEB 18TH?? MEEE!!! woohoo!!!!
damn you, so lucky... i always wanted to see margiotta. :D

sally, fifa passed a law which allows players to play for one team at youth level and then choose another national team at senior lever. margiotta played for azzurrini and now decided to play for venezuela because of his double nationality and the fact that he would never play for azzurri.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I think we just sold his co-owned contract last summer. He was not that great anyway...just a Serie B player.

Aug 1, 2003
wow, to be honest I haven't seen him, seeing everyone is so enthusiastic he must be good

well it's good that he chose venezuela.. I kinda respect that, I've always thought that most players would choose the country with 'higher' football standards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)