Maresca : Hype or Real Deal (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I don't know if it is just me but nowadays I do not think it is necessary if the full backs are good at defending on not as lets be honest there are few genuine wingers in world football today

The fact that Zambrotta can be competent at left back and regarded by some as the best in the world and many as the second best is a testimony to his versatility but more importantly to the fact that wingers are now an endangered species so its not really important imo to have good full backs

My point is that Paul raised the issue that to play 4-4-2 you need good full backs, maybe in the past that would be necessary but not now, I don't think

Football has evolved so much and not everything is good as its moving towards were you need to be a gr8 athlete to be required as good while the artists are more and more being pushed to the background, thats why I do not necessarily agree with the notion you need a player whose sole purpose is just to do the boring or dirty work and make the others look good as with the athletes of nowadays, you have players who can attack and defend in a blink of the eye

I do believe Maresca can play with Appiah or with Davids as those 2 are quite capable of defending as that was more or less what Appiah was doing at Brescia anyways and Udinese before then while Davids when his head is right, can defend amiably

I think why ppl including myself do not want to see a Tacchinardi -maresca combo because neither is athletic and they are both slow

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

This is what makes me laugh about so many people that are maresca supporters.... most of them dont even know where he plays.
i see him play, im satisfied, so im a fan of his :D but yeah, i suck when it comes to player's positions. i know nothing of formations or the sort.

the 4-4-2 thing does seem a good idea but like shadowfax said it could cause some defensive probs.

denco, maresca's slow? :eek:

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

I do believe Maresca can play with Appiah or with Davids as those 2 are quite capable of defending as that was more or less what Appiah was doing at Brescia anyways and Udinese before then while Davids when his head is right, can defend amiably
:thumb:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I don't think Zambro's the fastest...in fact i don't know of that many lightning-quick Italians

Aug 1, 2003
inzaghi's not fast :down: hes just at the right place at the right time.

yeah, now that i think of it, i can't think of an italian player who's fast. but zambo's been.. accelerating lately. :strong:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
coco:yuck:

anyways, maresca is a talented individual who has progressed alot from his time at piacenza.from what i've seen,i can't say that he has horrible passing,erratic maybe but not horrible.he passes well more often than not.

he dribbles pretty well, has really good close control but doesn't exactly run like roberto carlos,but then again we don't really need him to since he operates in the centre,and speed isn't what you'd expect from a player of his mould(ain't many players in the world that can combine pace and flair).

in my book,he's gonna be a star.maybe not a huge one,maybe not in juve.

Aug 1, 2003
i would like to see this :

----------gigibuffon----------
thuram---legro----zambrotta
camo---tacc---appiah---maresca
---------pavelnedved-----------
trez----------------------delpiero

he can play on the left side, right?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
i would like to see this :

thuram---legro----zambrotta
camo---tacc---appiah---maresca

he can play on the left side, right?
He's not really a left sided player like that. I would say that he's more likely to play Appiah's position in the formation. But, Jankulovski would be a good player to put in there. He and camo are pretty similar and would offer good attacking options down both wings. BTW, I like the idea of a three man defence, I think this is the squad to do it with.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
---thuram---legro----montero
camo---maresca---appiah---zambro

How about this Sall?

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
-----------------buffon----------
---thuram------legro----montero
camo---maresca---appiah---zambro
-----------------nedved-----------
-------trez------------------delpiero

i like this one better

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
please, Montero isnt the player for us in the future. place Tudor there or we have to buy another good defender.

and is just me or do anyone else believe that Camoranesi is too lazy to play the whole right wing??

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
please, Montero isnt the player for us in the future. place Tudor there or we have to buy another good defender.

and is just me or do anyone else believe that Camoranesi is too lazy to play the whole right wing??
Lazy isn't the right word. Camo doesn't have the fitness to play the whole right wing, but then why does he need to? Just because we might play with a three man defence doesn't mean that Thuram can't cover the flank. He does have the pace and fitness to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)