Marco 'The Escape Goat' Motta (8 Viewers)

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Did anyone realize that our right side in defense was completely empty the first 20-25 minutes of the game. Milan seriously could have buried us with 3 or 4 goals if they knew how to make use of that awful positioning.

It's a shame because he's actually kind of talented. Let's hope Del Neri can straighten this guy out.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Juve should play Motta as a winger.

He's fast, good at dribbling and good at crossing.
Agreed because so far he has been a disaster at RB. When Rinaudo is fit he should get another chance.

To be fair to Motta, Krasic really doesn't offer the type of protection that Marchisio or Pepe has for the LBs. Its not that Krasic isn't capable of helping but he doesn't track back often enough and his forward runs leave open space on the right side. He isn't the type of all action winger that Del Neri's system uses but he starts because he's so good going forward.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Agreed because so far he has been a disaster at RB. When Rinaudo is fit he should get another chance.

To be fair to Motta, Krasic really doesn't offer the type of protection that Marchisio or Pepe has for the LBs. Its not that Krasic isn't capable of helping but he doesn't track back often enough and his forward runs leave open space on the right side. He isn't the type of all action winger that Del Neri's system uses but he starts because he's so good going forward.
exactly!!!!

if Martinez ends up being good and does take that left wing, PDC will look average yet again.

Motta isnt the best at defending, but he does have something to offer that role...question is whether we need his attacking attributes considering we have krasic for that already, and the fact that PDC does attack a lot as well...we probably get exposed down back easier.

If PDc is the man for LB, then we need a RB who is better at defending and who doesnt track forward as much. Cant have two attacking full backs with lmited defensive abilities.

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
I agree. Even though you are trying to be facetious. He honestly would be better there.
motta would not work as a winger. his dribbling is ok, but not good enough for a winger. he's obviously not playing as well as we'd like, but he's shown before he's a good full back. plus, this winger talk is pointless, krasic is the right winger and motta is the best option at RB. hopefully he finds his feet.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
motta would not work as a winger. his dribbling is ok, but not good enough for a winger. he's obviously not playing as well as we'd like, but he's shown before he's a good full back. plus, this winger talk is pointless, krasic is the right winger and motta is the best option at RB. hopefully he finds his feet.
His dribbling skills are fine. I don't think Pepe is a much better dribbler of the ball. In fact, Motta's strong point is attacking with the ball. He's quick and he's one of our only players that can get past their man.

With that said I can see him play as a winger in a 5-3-2 but not a winger in a 4-4-2. I wouldn't mind seeing him try though.

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
His dribbling skills are fine. I don't think Pepe is a much better dribbler of the ball. In fact, Motta's strong point is attacking with the ball. He's quick and he's one of our only players that can get past their man.

With that said I can see him play as a winger in a 5-3-2 but not a winger in a 4-4-2. I wouldn't mind seeing him try though.
I can definitely see it working in a 5-3-2. more an attacking full back (wing back?). his strengths are definitely in the offensive game, but i think defensively he can do a lot better than he has been so far this season.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I think with the system we have, we need two defensive minded wingbacks, not complete retards in attack but just defensive minded wingbacks, leave the attacking to Krasic and whoever we get for the LW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)