Marco Storari (3 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Maybe. But why would those players come here instead of Real Madrid, Inter, Milan, Barcelona, Chelsea, Man City?

We aren't in the same market. We could be if we signed the right players, but not right now.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Storari facing Juve dilemma

Marco Storari has admitted that he’d find it difficult to leave a club such as Juventus at the end of the season.

Storari’s future with the outfit is in some doubt given that he’s the second choice in Turin behind Gigi Buffon.

“Let’s firstly finish this campaign and then see what happens,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday. “At the age of 34 I still have a desire to play, but Juve are Juve.

“When you arrive at a top club, you have to think carefully about things before taking drastic decisions.

“What would I do if director general Giuseppe Marotta offered me a new contract? I’d sign it straight away.”

Storari was netted in the summer from parent club Milan after Buffon was ruled out until 2011 with a back problem.

“I think I did well in the first part of the season and I would have caused problems if the guy who then took my place in the team wasn’t Buffon,” he added. “He’s not an ordinary 'keeper.

“The agreement with Juventus was very clear. My role was to make sure that Gigi wasn’t missed until he was ready to return. I knew I could end up on the bench.

“But I think as a regular and I train in the week as if I will be the one to play on Sundays. That’s how I climbed the ladder at Milan.”

Storari replaced the unwell Buffon last week in the win against Roma when he made a stunning contribution with some fine saves.

He then followed that up with some spicy post-match comments which seemed to be an attack on Coach Gigi Del Neri.

“I explained myself to the Coach as soon as I got back into the changing rooms,” he added.

“I was interviewed at the end of the game, I was euphoric for my personal performance and the win, an important win.

“I admit that I said some things that could have been interpreted in a bad way, but I really didn’t want to offend anybody.”

After the Roma game, Storari said: “Only a blind person can’t see what I am doing and I hope the Coach is not blind.”

Storari is again set to feature this weekend as Buffon is unlikely to be fit to face Genoa.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Storari: I haven't spoken with Buffon yet, but there is a reciprocal feeling of respect between us.

"I like the idea of being here when Juve returns to winning, and I think it'll happen soon."

"Those who think this is a very very long-term plan are wrong, next year we will not be favorites, but we will be important."

Relationship with the fans? - "Beautiful. I can say the most emotional moment of my career on the bench was here at Juve."

"It was against Bari, when Buffon returned. The whole stadium cheered me with applause and chants, it was incredible."

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Of course he can express his views, but why do it in public?

Be grown up about it and speak to the coach, don't do things through the Press.
Delneri Blind? Storari grins- "I want to quickly clarify this. With the Mister I spoke with him immediately afterwords in the locker room."

"I spoke at the end of the game, I was euphoric for my performance, and for a very important win for the team."

Adrenaline got to him most likely.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
This deserves it own post :lol:

Storari on his games VS Roma- "What am I supposed to do, not make the save because I am a Roma fan?"

"Last year there was controversy with Totti because I saved everything, they were fighting for the Scudetto, he was angry."

Disappointed by Totti, who also insulted you this season? Storari- "To be disappointed with someone, you have to respect them first..."

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Nedvěd;2972417 said:
I hate this Ringo Starr lookalike. :( Totti's shit > Storari.
Really.

Juve would be in much worse shape than they already are if he wasn't there for the 1st half of the season.

Nedvěd

:rofl: Nedved you really think that totti respects anyone ?
Hmm not sure, Totti is one arrogant mother fucker but still I think he have respect for 'some' of his teammates. One other thing, Totti's arrogance is more justified than Storari's. Totti is Totti, one of the best players of his generation and the other is Storari, an almost nobody.
Calling Del Neri blind, and thinking that he deserves to be #1 after a good match is retarded.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Blog: Storari’s best not good enough

Marco Storari will likely get another chance this weekend to stake his claim for the No 1 jersey at Juventus, but, as Rob Paton writes, it remains Gigi Buffon’s shirt

“Only a blind man cannot see what I’m doing,” are this week’s frustrated words from Marco Storari, Juventus’ No 1 problem. Storari’s outburst followed his latest heralded performance, but sadly in anticipation of another inevitable demotion to the bench.

Against Roma, where Juve’s tactical re-think and an interesting use of Milos Krasic worked in attack, it was Storari’s saves – such as against Mirko Vucinic, Francesco Totti and Daniele De Rossi – that ensured the crucial clean sheet. As talk this week shifts to a late push for Europe, Storari will be forgiven for thinking it is predominantly off the back of the win over Roma, and his key contribution to that.

Storari said after the game he was hopeful Luigi Del Neri would recognise this, and indeed the player’s professionalism and performances in training, but he was speaking with an irritation in knowing that when Buffon is fit, he will likely be back on the bench.

Statistics back up his frustration. This term, where Storari has been the busier shot-stopper, making on average 3.1 saves a game compared to Buffon’s 2.1, the difference between the goals-conceded-per-game ratio is negligible. Storari has conceded on average 1.3 goals every game to Buffon’s 1.2, meaning Storari has in effect made more saves than Buffon, without more goals conceded. In Storari’s last 50 League appearances he has racked up 16 clean sheets compared to Buffon’s 12.

Where there have been rare lapses in Storari’s game, Buffon’s form has also been called into question, particularly when considering Milan’s winning goal from Week 28 and conceding the penalty against Cesena that he could have been sent off from.

Analysing the Gazzetta dello Sport’s Pagelle, where Storari has only once from 22 games been given a low vote of 5 and once one of 5.5, Buffon’s 10 appearances have twice yielded marks of 5 and twice again 5.5. You could argue Buffon’s form is rustiness after absence through injury, yet Storari’s first run of game-time after a lengthy injury – the six months at Sampdoria – was what earned him the chance at Juventus.

For Del Neri the challenge is maintaining a competitive climate without undermining his own authority in letting Buffon continue to displace a statistically stronger candidate. Frederik Sorensen’s run at right-back and Claudio Marchisio’s time at left-midfield reflect Del Neri’s selection of the best-placed player for every position.

For Beppe Marotta too, there are wider implications. Storari was thought close to leaving in January before crunch talks convinced him to stay. However, should the situation persist, he is likely to follow forgotten man Alex Manninger out the door in the summer. Where Juve could get €5m for the shot-stopper, it will be a task to find a low-cost replacement of similar status, and one that the wake of Storari’s experience, would be happy playing guaranteed second fiddle.

The situation is also worsening for the Bianconeri. Buffon continues to struggle with injury amid leaked reports hinting at a worse-than-reported condition, and he will miss Sunday lunchtime’s kick-off with Genoa with a sore back the club are keen to stress is unrelated to last summer’s injury.

It presents Storari with the first-team action he wants. However, even as he intimates he’d be happy to sign a new contract at the club, given his frustration-filled outbursts, first-team involvement still looks as if it needs to come in place of a fit Buffon, or else Juve could be left in the summer without a reliable back-up to an injury-laded No 1.

http://www.football-italia.net/blogs/rp73.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)