Marco Storari (2 Viewers)

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Milan are absolute morons for letting him go, especially after some of the performances he put in for them while that sorry excuse for a keeper Dida was injured.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Storari warns Buffon

Tuesday 20 July, 2010

Juventus goalkeeper Marco Storari has warned Gigi Buffon with all due respect that he’ll have to fight to get his No 1 shirt back in Turin.

Buffon is out until the spring after he had surgery on the back injury he suffered at the World Cup in South Africa.

Juventus signed Storari from Milan as his stand-in earlier this summer.

The 33-year-old was one of the best goalkeepers in Serie A last season while on loan at Sampdoria.

Storari reportedly cost Juventus between €4m and €5m, which some consider to be too much considering his age.

“If they spent that much money, it’s because it was the right price,” Storari said. “Perhaps, my age has something to do with it. Experience counts.

“They bought me because there was an emergency after the news of Buffon’s operation, otherwise I would never have joined Juve.

“I have replaced many other colleagues in the past and I am calm. I know how much I am worth and what I can give.

“If Buffon hadn’t got hurt, I wouldn’t have signed for Juventus. But if I hadn’t done well at Samp with Del Neri, I wouldn’t be here either. But now that I am here, I will play.

“In a year I have worn three jerseys of three great clubs in three great cities, it’s a record.

“I would like to once again thank my team-mates, in particular Nick Legrottaglie: he is an experienced defender who has played at Juve for many years.

“We often speak on the pitch and seeing that the defence is all new it’s up to him be attentive.”

Football Italia
http://www.football-italia.net/jul20l.html
This guy is really starting to piss me off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)