Marco Storari (8 Viewers)

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Actually there are 3 disadvantages and 3 advantages in this deal.

DIS:

1) The wage are bit high.
2) Alex is in trouble.
3) Till when we will just waste money n never pay attention to our promising youngsters (Kirev)?

ADV:

1) Storari is really good and a superb backup.
2) The money will be paied in Installment(3 yrs).
3) Chimenti will be kicked out of the club.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Have you ever seen Kirev, or any of the other young 'keepers, play a few games?
Yes:agree: .I have seen the entire primavera team playing in few Trofeo Giacinto Facchetti matches in Juventus channel.

The guy has a nice physique for his age n really looks like a GK and has good goalkeeping qualities also,it maybe early to judge him but what i saw from him i can tell u that he is atleast better than Chiment.Surely he is not better than Storari or Alex but i had a hope to see him as Juve's third GK nex season behind Gigi n Alex,now with the arraival of Storari it seems impossible.

BTW,he is now on loan to Thun.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Yes:agree: .I have seen the entire primavera team playing in few Trofeo Giacinto Facchetti matches in Juventus channel.

The guy has a nice physique for his age n really looks like a GK and has good goalkeeping qualities also,it maybe early to judge him but what i saw from him i can tell u that he is atleast better than Chiment.Surely he is not better than Storari or Alex but i had a hope to see him as Juve's third GK nex season behind Gigi n Alex,now with the arraival of Storari it seems impossible.

BTW,he is now on loan to Thun.
I think Manninger will probably be leaving. A 'keeper of his calibre won't stick around to be third choice.

Why would Kirev (or Pinsoglio) stay at Juve as third choice and play maybe one match a season, probably zero?

They're not like Chimenti, at the end of their careers. They'll either be loaned out or sold.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
I think Manninger will probably be leaving. A 'keeper of his calibre won't stick around to be third choice.

Why would Kirev (or Pinsoglio) stay at Juve as third choice and play maybe one match a season, probably zero?

They're not like Chimenti, at the end of their careers. They'll either be loaned out or sold.
Maybe it is unfair for promising young players like Kirev or Pinsoglio to stay on the bench the entire season without any single match,but it is also very risky if one of these young GKs is a Gigi's backup,especially when u knw that Gigi these years spends many monthes of the seasons recovering from injuries.

But if u think a bit u will find that even Storari is old and any of those GKs can be 2nd GK after just couple of yrs and can also get the chance to be 1st GK after not more than 5 yrs as Gigi himself would retire.

If i were Kirev or Pinsoglio i would sit in the bench even for 5 yrs as long as the result of that will make me Juve's 1st GK.

Remember Manninger 9 yrs back,he made that mistake,as he moved away from Arsenal cause of lack of play,but just 2 yrs after his departure,Seaman got very old and Arsenal released him and started searching for a new GK,but Alex wasted that chance and at the time he was playin in France or some where lesser than EPL.

Tacchinardi(our legend:cry: ),came to juve in 94 and was always used as a backup for Deschamps(another legend:cry: )till DD departure in 99,and from that moment he started his legendary story with Juve.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Saving from Bonucci :D He has very strong wrists, that is evident throughout. I've always thought he was a good shot stopper but he has added a bit of solidity to his game, it's pretty normal for goalkeepers to do that around his age.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)