Marco Borriello (14 Viewers)

Do you want Borriello to stay, and do you think he will?

• I want him to stay, and I think he will :)

• I hope he leaves, but I think he'll stay :mad:

• I want him to stay, but I think he'll leave :sad:

• I think we'll ship his ass off. Good riddance! :D

• I want him to stay, but at a much lower price

Results are only viewable after voting.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Yeah I noticed that as well. Also his face when he was substituted and the fans were booing him. He seems like a nice enough guy off the pitch (not including his sexual peccadillos) but he just shouldn't be playing for us.
I don't think fans were booing him as much as it was Quag who was gettng the boos since he was being brought on for him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
i feel sorry for him too. he's a better player than what he's showing at the moment. despite some of the hate he gets around here, he can actually be a decent attacker. i just hope that if we keep on using him, he gets that goal which will stop earning him boo's from our home crowd - i hate seeing that happen, regardless of player.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I understand that Borriello is not a bad guy. But we can't play him just because he's trying and he's a good guy.

In the end, performance matters. And if this guys spends most of the time giving the ball away, we should give Quag, Matri, or ADP a chance because they certainly don't give the ball away as much as Borriello does right now.

I simply don't understand why Conte keeps playing him from the start. I'm keep scratching my head why Conte keeps selecting this guy right now.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I don't think fans were booing him as much as it was Quag who was gettng the boos since he was being brought on for him.
No.

Fans were booing Borriello till he left the field, Quag got a huge round of applause once he entered the pitch.

Edit: Oh well, you got it :D

May 22, 2007
Yeah I noticed that as well. Also his face when he was substituted and the fans were booing him. He seems like a nice enough guy off the pitch (not including his sexual peccadillos) but he just shouldn't be playing for us.
I don't think ingesting vadge cream makes you a nasty person :D

Credit to him for actually persisting with the effort despite getting nearly everything wrong. Made off the ball runs and closed down possession, but unfortunately for him that doesn't make you good enough for Juventus. Amauri at least had a good 4 months here, Borriello is into his third month without a goal.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
This is from football italia today...... and t5he comments on thsi article are all the same .... "why conte why?"
Seriously im starting to think that borrielo made a deal with someone to elt him play.

----------------------

Wrong place at the right time
Week 30’s crucial win over Napoli saw all but one at Juventus perform under pressure, argues Rob Paton.

“On comes Turin’s Errol Flynn,” quipped the ESPN commentator in seeing Juventus striker Marco Borriello preparing to be introduced as a substitute during his side’s Coppa Italia semi-final second leg against Milan last month.

Sporting a neatly-cropped, swept back hairstyle matched with a fine-trimmed pencil moustache, the comparison was most notable for the resemblance between Flynn and Borriello, but it wasn’t just for that.

Married three times, a reputation for womanising and with a string of controversies related to his personal life, Flynn is perhaps as remembered in Hollywood for his personal life as for his movie star status in the first half of the 20th Century.

Approaching 30 and on a run of just two goals scored from his last 35 appearances in all competitions across the past 14 months, Borriello – during perhaps his last chance at a big club – is also threatening to be remembered more for activity undertaken off the pitch, than for any achieved on it.

Since arriving in Turin during the January transfer market in a move that angered more Bianconero fans than it pleased – Borriello had reportedly turned down a very similar opportunity some 18 months prior – the striker has yet to end a desperate run of form on the pitch.

His latest opportunity to win over the black and white support and indeed prove his worth to those considering making the move permanent came in Week 30’s home game with Napoli. Having watched Milan drop two points the evening before, this match represented a significant chance to climb right back into the title race. That it was against the side that posed significant questions in the reverse fixture’s 3-3 draw earlier in the season and that they would face in May’s Coppa Italia Final meant that it would be a match to sort the men from the boys.

That it was Leonardo Bonucci and Arturo Vidal who took the first two goals of the night was perhaps most apt, in capping not only fine individual performances themselves, but also a less-than influential one for their teammate Borriello. That Mirko Vucinic was applauded off when being subbed when Borriello was whistled and that substitutes Alessandro Del Piero and Fabio Quagliarella instantly combined for a memorable third somewhat compounded the matter, and really did leave the No 23 as the only negative mark of the night.

For a player an inch above six foot, with broad shoulders and weighing a hefty 73 kilos, Borriello represents a physical threat to defenders – and more of one than any of Antonio Conte’s other forwards, perhaps explaining his initial selection on the night. He has the potential to wrestle his way past defenders, to occupy a threat from set-pieces, to provide an option with a well-timed run in the box or to make space for his teammates. However, none of that was on show last night, nor has it been in consistent bursts for the past year.

In a game dominated by Juve’s defence – that restricted Napoli to five attempts at goal, none of which were on target – and its midfield – that through Claudio Marchisio and Vidal had movement and discipline in both phases of play – the Bianconeri visibly struggled to understand their teammate, who should otherwise be an ideal reference point.

The fact that in 20 minutes Quagliarella managed half as many touches as Borriello did in the previous 70 – and that Del Piero also did in just seven minutes played – highlighted the inability of the Juve players to involve only Borriello. It is a statistic that is echoed through previous appearances this season. Against the Vesuviani in a team performance that was otherwise top level, for Borriello there were few crosses on his line of run, few times did teammates pass to him when he came short and not once did Andrea Pirlo loft a ball over a high Napoli back-line for a type of chance that is a characteristic provision for the likes of Alessandro Matri and the on-running midfielders.

There has been a long-standing theory about Borriello as to why Milan released him to Roma in 2010 that may also explain this inability to get involved at Juve – that he simply cannot cut it at the highest level. For instance, when in the running for a spot in Marcello Lippi’s Italy squad with some sharp form for the Rossoneri in 2009-10, it was pertinent to note the few times his goals came in games against top-of-the-table sides.

Borriello has remarkably often found himself with the kind of chances to prove such doubts wrong – when Milan, Roma and Juve have needed another option, they have all turned to him in recent seasons. Yet, as his performance on the pitch last night highlights, when under pressure, he has so far failed to deliver. Until that changes, his achievements off the pitch, where he seemingly is delivering under pressure, will continue to grab more attention.

Week 30 ultimately proved to be an unpredictable one. Notably, few Coaches will be able to share a tale of such an eventful debut in Serie A as Andrea Stramaccioni, who watched his Inter side beat Genoa 5-4. With four penalties awarded – all correctly – and two red cards handed out – one a piece, with the Grifone’s a little contentious – the Sunday afternoon fixture had a taste of everything to come for the young tactician.

Elsewhere, Palermo picked up only their first away win of the season, against former Coach Stefano Pioli and his previously in-form Bologna. The Rosanero’s first three points on the road came at the unlikely venue of the Renato Dall’Ara, inasmuch as it is only the club’s second ever Serie A away at Bologna and their first since May 1954.

Fiorentina continue to invite a relegation battle by falling 2-1 at home to Chievo, in front of a protesting, banner-less home support. Udinese picked up their fifth defeat from the last seven played on the road, falling 1-0 to Siena, whilst Lazio’s recent good run at the Ennio Tardini was broken by a resolute Parma side. That Aquile-owned Sergio Floccari netted twice sees the 3-1 score-line sting all the more.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don't feel sorry for him. This useless piece of whatever he is gets paid top dollar to do a job which he can't even fulfill (because apparently he sucks at it), while also getting a ton of pussy.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Can't feel sorry for him. He doesn't seem willing to learn from his mistakes. If anything, the diving has increased. And Italian football needs to move on from that. He's still warped about how to play the game as a forward.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
He has that look on his face like a dog that's about to be put down.
:agree: and I bet that's one of his prime assets to land chicks, they dig this kind of crap. I don't know if he does it on purpose or that's just how he is, but he def gave us (the fans) that innocent poppy dog look, last night when he was being subbed. :)
when he was on the pitch I was so mad at him i wanted to kick the sh!t out of him, but then i saw that look and I was like: this poor bastard's giving his all, it's not his fault that he sucks.
so if not his then it simply is Conte's fault for keeping on using him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)