Marco Borriello (4 Viewers)

Do you want Borriello to stay, and do you think he will?

• I want him to stay, and I think he will :)

• I hope he leaves, but I think he'll stay :mad:

• I want him to stay, but I think he'll leave :sad:

• I think we'll ship his ass off. Good riddance! :D

• I want him to stay, but at a much lower price

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
I still don't know why Marotta didn't go for Gilardino instead, he's cack, italian, a world champ and not very promising.

Borrielo though is just cack.

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #27
    If we manage to get rid of at least two of Amauri, Iaquinta and Toni (preferably the former two), then this transfer will be decent. He isn't rubbish or constantly injured which is a plus.
    If only more people made as much sense as you Salv.

Media reporting Juve won't make it official until we terminate Iaquinta and Toni's contract and Amauri finds himself a new club.

Look at that hair. Looks like he is about to invade Poland.
    :lol2:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    I think the thought behind this move is that Borriello fits our system in a way that for example Gilardino does not. Borriello is strong as an ox. We lack a little bit of physique up front. I think Borriello has been brought in to outwrestle defenders, hold the ball up etc. A striker like him can prove very useful against smaller sides. Remember, we attack with our entire team. We don't play a dull 4-4-2 where we just rely on our strikers to score. Every player we field can actually end up scoring. Hopefully, Borriello will score a few as well, but I actually think that his main job will be to be that really strong guy up front that will contribute to our attacking flow.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Iaquinta sucks, seriously.

I'm not saying Borriello is a world class striker or anything, but he's definitely an upgrade from Iaquinta.

I like Toni, but he's getting very old.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    Am I the only one who still believes Gilardino will be a Juve player? Maybe when he fails for Genoa or when he's 33. I don't know. But after the Toni and Borriello signings. I still believe in it, its Marotta's trademark.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
    May 23, 2010
    Couldn't Matri do that job though? Isn't he a typical front man?

Where the hell is Borrielo supposed to play anyway? He's not really good at anything.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    Age difference and Toni doesn't work half as much as Borriello.

Besides, this deal wouldn't go through without Conte's approval.
    You do know Conte has nothing to say about these things? This is Italy, not England. In Italy the culture around these things are different. He just tells Marotta how he wants to play and what types of players he wants and Marotta makes the decisions. He's not a manager like Ferguson, Marotta is the sporting director and he's the one responsible for the signings because in the end he'll be the one getting blame if they fail.

Juve Fanatico

Aug 20, 2010
    Yeah, then just use Toni.
    :D

Not really Iaq is always hurt and has never gotten back to form and Toni hasnt been in form for years. Borriello can still go
    Iaq has been available for Conte for a while now, and Toni can provide that role easily. Also, Borriello hasn't been on great form either.

I'm not saying those two are better than Borriello right now, just that I don't think he was brought to play that role. Holding the ball, wrestiling off defenders..etc

Iaquinta sucks, seriously.

I'm not saying Borriello is a world class striker or anything, but he's definitely an upgrade from Iaquinta.

I like Toni, but he's getting very old.
    See above. :p

And I agree with you on the upgrade part.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    You do know Conte has nothing to say about these things? This is Italy, not England. In Italy the culture around these things are different. He just tells Marotta how he wants to play and what types of players he wants and Marotta makes the decisions. He's not a manager like Ferguson, Marotta is the sporting director and he's the one responsible for the signings because in the end he'll be the one getting blame if they fail.
    Yes, we know it's a bit different, but you just contradicted yourself. You're saying Conte has nothing to say about these things, yet you acknowledge the fact that Conte gives Marotta a list of players he wants.

Marotta is the one making the final decisions, this is true. But Borriello has been pointed out by Conte, no doubt about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)