Marchisio: "A win for Juve's academy" (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Giovinco started the move, De Ceglie sent in the cross and Marchisio provided the finish. For some it was like turning back the years and watching the Primavera team of old. But this was the Juve of the present, dictating the game and overcoming AC Milan to lift the Berlusconi Trophy in San Siro. And much of the credit goes to lads who came through the Bianconeri youth ranks.
Four youngsters, if you add in the impressive Marrone, who started off in the Pulcini and are now important members of the first team. Marchisio grabbed the spotlight by hitting the net on a special day, exactly six years after he made his senior debut in a Coppa Italia tie against Bari. "This was a big test for us after we put in a lot of hard work in the heat, with just a week to go until the league gets underway. The build-up to my goal with Giovinco and De Ceglie? It was nice. We won a lot in the academy together and we're winning together again now. Sebastian and I have played alongside each other many a time for the Primavera, at Empoli and this summer as well. He's come back here and slotted straight into the coach's playing system. We have a large squad this season but there are lots of games ahead. We'll have to be clever and make the most of our chances. There's room for everyone, if you deserve to play then you'll get games. What do I make of Pogba? He's going to be a great player in the future. The boy has a lot of quality and he's come through a great academy like Manchester United's. He's got time on his side, he has to try and earn himself as much playing time as possible."

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)