Marchionni begins Juve career (2 Viewers)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I wonder what he's thinkin' I mean, although the guy doesn't regret his decision, I bet it does kinda hurt to have to play in Serie B while his carrier was on a rise..

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
“We have the belief”

Two weeks after his press conference at Acqui Terme, Marco Marchionni met the journalists again this afternoon at Pinzolo and revealed how he has settled in to life with the bianconeri: “Before arriving at Juventus every player has their own idea of what to expect, but once you get here, you soon realise it’s better than anything you could ever have imagined. From the youngest players to the superstars, there’s a feeling of camaraderie here which is unique to this club”.

And working with the likes of Ibrahimovic and Nedved? “They’re fantastic guys, always there to help you out and give you advice. Like everyone here, they’ve made me feel like one of the family”. If things remain as they are and Juve are to spend next season in Serie B, the young midfielder knows full well the problems his side might face: “I played in Serie B with Empoli a few years back. It’s a long and hard championship and you need to maintain concentration right the way through. You need more than just a superior technical level to succeed, although it obviously helps a great deal. There are also a number of teams who could cause problems, but as players we always go out there to win, no matter who the opponents might be. When you take to the pitch, you forget about everything else”.

Marchionni also eyed a place in Europe next season with success in the Coppa Italia: “Winning the Coppa Italia is obviously one of our foremost objectives, that and returning to Serie A as quickly as possible. Everyone here believes in the project and is ready to do what it takes to reach the top. You have to suffer a little to be the best”.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)