Marcelo Zalayeta (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I've been a fan of Zala for a long time, and I'm one of the rare people here that have defeneded him. Sure, he's not good enough for a first team striker, nor talented enough to be a world beater, but he has character. He never complains, waits for his chance and alway gives 100% on the field, no matter where he's being played.

He's been with us since 1997, spent a few years on loan at Sevilla and then he was released by them. We brought him back when Salas got injured. Since he didnt have a club he was training with the Uruguay NT at the time.
I've always supported him as well. He is the perfect 4th striker for any team. I'd actually take Marcelo over Michael Owen. ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

r u sure?? I rememmber very well that i had an argument with u about zalayeta long time ago.I even compared his form with divaio I guess that was more than 1 year ago (I have good memory :D)
I always said that he is a great player as a backup.never complains and does the job great.but let's not exagerate and not make him god.some people said he should have a rating of 9 :D in another thread.
Welldone PANTERA :strong:
Yes I'm sure. I might have said he's not as good as Di Vaio (which IMO he's not), but that doesnt mean I dont appriciatte him for the player he is and the presence he brings to the field.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002

Yes I'm sure. I might have said he's not as good as Di Vaio (which IMO he's not), but that doesnt mean I dont appriciatte him for the player he is and the presence he brings to the field.
I didn't say that neither.I was talking about zala's FORM with juventus..

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Something we lacked last season: when our top starters went down to injury for a while, we really needed the bench to step up. Zala is filling in admirably well the past couple of matches -- so Forza Zala! :thumb:

We surely need efforts like this from him over the next several matches.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

I even see him better then Di vaio !

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

I even see him better then Di vaio !
wow, Zala has potential to become better, but to say he is better than Divaio now is too much.Divaio is far more pacey than Zala and his technique is much better too.unfortunately he lost his confidence last season.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I've always supported him as well. He is the perfect 4th striker for any team. I'd actually take Marcelo over Michael Owen. ;)
Now I know that your out of your mind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
as a fourth striker i'd take zala over owen too.there'd be too much hype surrounding when he'll get a match and so on.on teh other hand zala just keeps his eye on the ball and tries his best to fill in and impress the boss.

he has limited ability,but nobody can doubt his spirit.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
we dont need both of them

Owen is ti much for a fourth striker
Zala can not satisfy Juve's needs

We need someone like Sculli or Caraciolo
we need a promising youngester with a real talent

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i'd take a player with spirit and some ability over a whining youngster who will leave the club for greener pastures when he decides he wants first team football or when moggi accepts a bid from some relegation contender to buy out half his contract.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++
we dont need both of them

Owen is ti much for a fourth striker
Zala can not satisfy Juve's needs

We need someone like Sculli or Caraciolo
we need a promising youngester with a real talent

yeah right. and zalayeta is better than sculli and caracciolo.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Look at what Owen has done at Real so far, then tell me if I'm out of my mind. ;)
Yep , p.s remmber Zalayeta's goal Vs udinesi he wasn't in the starting line up i guess , Owen had 2 matches with real in the starting line up , other then these matches where he came from the bench !

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Freddy ] ++
it seems Zala is our man lately...he's been scoring alot for Juve recently
two in two isn't alot imo.

in the long run we'll see how he fares,but he probably won't get that much playing time anyway now that del piero's back:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)