Marcelo Alejandro Estigarribia (11 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
that's like saying dani alves playing at RB is a waste.
having an attack-minded as a LB/RB position helps a lot.it's actually what wins most games.especially if you play this 4-4-2 4-2-4 whatever it is.as long as he realises he has defensive duties and the DM covers when they go forward.
But that's because Dani has proved his defensive abilities. Has Marcelo done the same?

Bigger question: why force an attacking player to play in defence rather than buy a proper defender?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Does anyone have any insight on why Estigarribia is not called up for this game? Has he not impressed during training, Injured? This is the second week in a row now.
Match fitness would be my guess. He hasn't been with the team long since he was one of our last signings.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
makes sense but he played in the Copa America so I cant see him being out of match fitness but I guess with his extended vacation to close to the season and yea he might not be fully aware of his responsibilities as a higher winger.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
makes sense but he played in the Copa America so I cant see him being out of match fitness but I guess with his extended vacation to close to the season and yea he might not be fully aware of his responsibilities as a higher winger.
It could be partially what I said but also the fact that it's a completely new league with new team...maybe Conte is trying to integrate him slowly and perhaps he is struggling with the language and its noticable in training? that would be a big one too.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I reckon he'll be part of the game squad next round.

Will be very interesting to see what he can do for us. Was very good in the Copa America, and his brief appearance against Notts he impressed.

I love squad depth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)