Manuele Blasi The Defender (2 Viewers)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Hehe, that was a funny joke. Even if I love Del Piero and I want him to play in the starting eleven :D

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
Well it seems he is in good shpae now but i like him in midfield he has been playing pretty good as of late. I really like him

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I think that Blasi would fit well as a midfielder instead. His tackles and his ability to run really fits a midfielder. If Blasi were a defender, we would juz leak goals everywhere.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Positives of playing Blasi as a defender:

1. He would no longer give the ball away in midfield.

Negatives of playing Blasi as a defender.

1. He would still give the ball away, just only closer to our goal.
2. "What's the offsides trap?"
3. Blasi would actually have to keep the ball LONGER than he would in midfield. Not good.
4. We might as well give Miccoli some pot and steroids, tell him to mark someone, and call the operation a success. At least Fabrizio wouldn't give the ball away as much.
5. We could always change tactics and play Blasi as a Libero...but then somehow he would get caught out of position and give the ball away again.

Seriously, not even Brian Clough would spend time turning Blasi into a defender. It would make more sense to just give Blasi away for nothing than waste time experimenting with him as a defender.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Blasi would be a terrible defender. He has the tackling skills needed, but his positioning is awful. Emerson wasn't out of position once last season, but Blasi often had to run like hell to correct his own mistakes. Besides, he makes an incredible number of fouls, so it's best to keep him far from the penalty area.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Positives of playing Blasi as a defender:

1. He would no longer give the ball away in midfield.

Negatives of playing Blasi as a defender.

1. He would still give the ball away, just only closer to our goal.
2. "What's the offsides trap?"
3. Blasi would actually have to keep the ball LONGER than he would in midfield. Not good.
4. We might as well give Miccoli some pot and steroids, tell him to mark someone, and call the operation a success. At least Fabrizio wouldn't give the ball away as much.
5. We could always change tactics and play Blasi as a Libero...but then somehow he would get caught out of position and give the ball away again.

Seriously, not even Brian Clough would spend time turning Blasi into a defender. It would make more sense to just give Blasi away for nothing than waste time experimenting with him as a defender.
Spot on. Blasi isn't good enough to play regularly for us in midfield IMO and I don't think he'd be in any way better in a deeper position. His positional play isn't very good, he's not a great header, and his tackles are far too reckless and he fouls regularly. IMHO the only thing Blasi has going for him is workrate and stamina which means that he is good when it comes to closing down but you don't want your centre back storming up the pitch to hustle the opposition leaving gaps in your backline, do you?

He's quite simply not Juve quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)