Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
Can't believe there are people upset that we aren't just folding over and paying whatever Sassuolo ask for. We've done this before and it is not sustainable. it was that sort of dealing that has led to us scrambling to make plusvalenza's at any opportunity.

Give it time, this summer is completely different from others. Money is tight with the covid situation and we can't afford to be reckless. The player wants to come, we want him, Sassuolo seem open to him coming here. It is likely a deal will be found. Sassuolo are rightly demanding as much as they can get for a valuable asset to them. We are talking about a 40m deal when money is tight, I'm glad we are trying to get him on the best terms we can. You don't win prizes for doing your signings in June.
Although you’re totally right that we can’t approach transfers this summer like we did before, I can’t deny that I’m a bit worried. And it’s not only due to this transfer. We have so many assets that potentially could provide some income, yet we fail to find a profitable solution for them. As things stand now we’re basically in august and so far we loaned Pjaca and Frabotta out.

Other guys like Vrioni and Frederiksen are away on loan and they should be easy to sell, but in Cherubini’s defense they might explode at their respective clubs now and increase in value.

And we remain with Rugani, De Sciglio, Ramsey and we don’t seem to be close to a solution thus far.

Besides all this we loaned basically every U23 player who doesn’t find space in the team this year out. It’s worrying that we don’t generate any income. I’d feel more comfortable if everything was more set, now it looks like we’ve been concentrating so much on the youth teams and we’re struggling to sign our priority signing, because let’s be honest 40m and 3m salary is pretty reasonable.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Although you’re totally right that we can’t approach transfers this summer like we did before, I can’t deny that I’m a bit worried. And it’s not only due to this transfer. We have so many assets that potentially could provide some income, yet we fail to find a profitable solution for them. As things stand now we’re basically in august and so far we loaned Pjaca and Frabotta out.

Other guys like Vrioni and Frederiksen are away on loan and they should be easy to sell, but in Cherubini’s defense they might explode at their respective clubs now and increase in value.

And we remain with Rugani, De Sciglio, Ramsey and we don’t seem to be close to a solution thus far.

Besides all this we loaned basically every U23 player who doesn’t find space in the team this year out. It’s worrying that we don’t generate any income. I’d feel more comfortable if everything was more set, now it looks like we’ve been concentrating so much on the youth teams and we’re struggling to sign our priority signing, because let’s be honest 40m and 3m salary is pretty reasonable.
Yeah we have been slow to sell, that is no change for us unfortunately. I think this summer will be harder than ever to shift the surplus players permanently due to the impact of covid, particularly as most will likely only be wanted by Italian clubs. I'd be disappointed to go into the new season with Rugani, De Sciglio and Pellegrini (although we maybe need a backup lb).

I think Ramsey should be sellable and I'd be also be disappointed if we aren't able to, unless Allegri wants to keep him. His reputation in the UK is still very high and he had a decent Euros. I would think an EPL team would take him and have the cash to do it. The problem might be that he doesn't want to move to a club outside the traditional big 5.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Nah. I kinda like him so far . No fuss, keeping it low .
We will know more about him after he does his first big signing.
If we keep it any lower we will literally not sign or sell anyone at this rate. I don't like how this is all taking. I'm not talking about throwing money at sassuolo to get locatelli but their demands have been clear for a while now, take it or leave it.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
It’s not only DiMarzio though. Even Agresti is reporting that our offers so far have been unacceptable to Sassuolo
https://www.goal.com/en/news/juvent...ocatelli-in-bid-to/1akmq11vuc75z1opg33fzzjo0m
it is clear that our bids have not been acceptable because we have not signed him yet.

I only mentioned Di Marzio because he is the most reputable. None of the reporters seem to be receiving inside info on what we are doing until deals are near completion. Over the past few seasons we have become very good at stopping leaks.

It doesn't take a reporter with inside info to come up with the scenarios of what we are offering and what Sassuolo want. Many members here had suggested a loan+obligation Chiesa type deal or including a young player, which seems to have gone cold after their agents denied it.

The Sassuolo price is easier to find out because Arsenal have made an offer. It makes sense that our offer is lower given the negotiations, so you can guess what it is. I'm sure there is some truth in there but it is hard to trust 100% what they know what our offer is given how well we have been in stopping leaks.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yep. Those big contracts for players who clearly couldn’t pull their weight helped get us in this situation. We should’ve been firm all along.
I take that over "I pay whatever the club asks for and hand out €7m wages to everyone" man.
:agree:

And in the chance a signing doesn’t work out, a player flops or gets injured long term, or whatever… if the DS has negotiated a reasonable transfer fee and given reasonable wages, the blow to our finances is nowhere near as bad. Instead of just bending over and paying whatever ridiculous fee and wages are demanded which the minute things go wrong leaves us pretty financially fucked.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I dont see how 40 million and 3 milliion wages is ridiclous demands. There is so much rubbish that goes for 40 or more todays market. The deal we reported too offer tho is a joke and can see why they wont take it.
We have no idea what’s really going on. Half the time, the ridiculous offers Marotta was reported to have made were just journalist fabrications. Anyways, if we made a first offer of loan plus obligation for 30 mil total, there’s nothing wrong with that. Nor is there anything wrong with Sass saying no and asking for 40 mil. So we’ll see how the negotiation goes this coming week once he’s back from holiday.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
We have no idea what’s really going on. Half the time, the ridiculous offers Marotta was reported to have made were just journalist fabrications. Anyways, if we made a first offer of loan plus obligation for 30 mil total, there’s nothing wrong with that. Nor is there anything wrong with Sass saying no and asking for 40 mil. So we’ll see how the negotiation goes this coming week once he’s back from holiday.
I sincerely hope not. Legendary trolling. The Van Persie offer :touched:

rainhard

May 5, 2004
If this is Marotta it is already closed deal after the Euro final finish

15m for 2 years loan and obligation for 20m paid in 4 years installment (5m per year) + 5m bonuses if we win Serie A
After his loan is done, he will get 4 years contract with us and slap 100m release clause in that contract

So if he explode after 2-3 seasons, club that come for us only need to pay that 100m or no deal

I blame EPL money for this saga, because without offers from English club. We probably already tied him around 20-30m (30m is the max)
Those EPL clubs have so much money from their TV rights even the bottom table clubs getting more than what Italian champions getting

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The Van Persie one was real though. Even BBC were reporting it. Beppe offered €10M for the best striker in EPL at the time. :ratcafe: That will certainly go down in history.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I think cherrubini should be given a wildcard signing, someone who he doesn't need to spend weeks and months on haggling over 5-10m. Everyone else has to be negotiated carefully no matter how long it takes. That wildcard signing is the one player we want the most no matter what, it's cool to take your time with anyone else but it's also normal to feel anxious knowing fuckall about Cherubini, unlike the days when Marotta started where we had other problems and just thinking that we're in August and have a lot of business dealings to do.

That said gotta stay positive, gotta give the guy a shot, and most of all gotta stay patient, no transfer market is ever as quick as FIFA career mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)