Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am fine with getting Locatelli but this deal is taking up too much time for my liking. I am afraid it will distract us from other deals we have to finalize.

Also Locatelli alone is not enough to fix our midfield.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I agree Locatelli alone is not enough to fix our midfield. However, what I'm afraid of us not getting Locatelli and only getting Pjanic.

Unlike some, I do think Pjanic would help out this midfield, despite him being an old-ish fart. But at least that guy has a brain and creativity to pass the ball forward. But only getting him would be really depressing imo.

Getting both would be really nice. Of course I think Locatelli plus someone else would be even better, but hey, I'm not gonna dream about that because we surely won't spend big on 2 mids in one summer, not unless we sell 2 which won't happen.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
The guy will be playing for Juve this season. It would be a public relations nightmare for AA if no Locatelli. Sass holding all the cards and Juve should just fold. You have an potential Italian star who wants to be here. I believe Juve has confirmed to Locatelli he will be with Juve but just trying to lower payment that Sass wants.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I know a lot of you think our midfield need more than one enforcement, rightfully so after the disappointing campaign with Pirlo, but I have a strong feeling Max will turn it around for most of those underperforming players in the team.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Sass want 35m obligation + 10 m addons
10m for 2 year loan 25m obligation 5m easy to achieve bonus, 5m hard to achieve bonus

I think it will be better if we go for full 40m lump sum spread in 5 years but start to pay after 2 years free loan
Or threaten Sass we will wait for 2 years and get him for free . now you choose, nothing or 40m spread payments

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Continuous contacts between Juve and Sassuolo for Locatelli, negotiations are progressing. The latest request is 35mln€ guaranteed between a two-year loan (8/10) and an obligatuon to buy + 10mln€ in bonuses (5 easy/very easy, 5 much more difficult). (Nicola Balice)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
The guy will be playing for Juve this season. It would be a public relations nightmare for AA if no Locatelli. Sass holding all the cards and Juve should just fold. You have an potential Italian star who wants to be here. I believe Juve has confirmed to Locatelli he will be with Juve but just trying to lower payment that Sass wants.
This is what I'm afraid of. I don't want another Verratti scenario.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Everyone talking about the pjanics and tolissos when we have fukin fagioli who will be a world beater under max.

Trust fagioli
I don't know about world beater but we have to start relying somewhat on youth. This is what keeps wages lower. Don't have people on your bench making 4m-7m in wages. Have Dragusin, have Fagioli, have Mandragora. Youth is where you save money and provide depth. All these big clubs who are outside the EPL money train will learn this soon enough.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I think we need another box to box. Hopefully we will sell someone between Bentancur or Rabiot, I think that McKennie will start so as backup for him.
Neither of those should be sold. We need Locatelli, backup for him and backup for Rabiot if Fagioli is not counted on.

Rabiot is very good, not class, but good. McKennie-Locatelli-Rabiot has no major weaknesses and they're all complementary to each other.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Bentancur was quite solid under Allegri. I don't think we should sell him.
:tup:

Im not his biggest fan right now, but he was always pretty good under Max and definitely showed promise. At the very least he’s a good rotation piece on affordable contract, his original fee was cheap, and he’s still young (just turned 24) with potential to improve.

Ramsey is the one we should be trying to hard to get rid of, even if we have to pay a portion of his contract. And obviously Arthur, but I think we’re stuck with him for a couple years due to the fee we “paid” for him.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
:tup:

Im not his biggest fan right now, but he was always pretty good under Max and definitely showed promise. At the very least he’s a good rotation piece on affordable contract, his original fee was cheap, and he’s still young (just turned 24) with potential to improve.

Ramsey is the one we should be trying to hard to get rid of, even if we have to pay a portion of his contract. And obviously Arthur, but I think we’re stuck with him for a couple years due to the fee we “paid” for him.
Agreed.

Kinda depressing to say how Bentancur should stay. Says quite a lot about our mid lol. But yeah, if I could I'd easily get rid of both Ramsey and Arhtur. Hell, even Rabiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)