Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (48 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Another #6, I wonder why do we collect these types? If Pjanic comes, the collection will be full lol. I like Locatelli, but for what we need de Paul wouldve been so much better..
Nah. This guy is 23, Italian (meaning he could be backbone of the mid for close to a decade), and substantially better than any other player we have in this position. He has also shown the ability to play beside another #6 as a more B2B type probably better than anyone we have besides possibly Rabiot in the rare moments he’s in form.

You’re saying you’d like to go into the season with an old and somewhat washed up Pjanic, an injured and garbage player in Arthur, and Bentancur who has shown time and again he’s incompetent as a 6…? We have Rabiot, Bentancur, McKennie, Ramsey for the other midfield positions, though hopefully we could rid ourselves of 1 of them and sign someone better.

We absolutely need a top class young #6. And if we can sell one of our superfluous, overpaid CMs, we should get a top young #8 too. But neither need is more pressing imo.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Nah. This guy is 23, Italian (meaning he could be backbone of the mid for close to a decade), and substantially better than any other player we have in this position. He has also shown the ability to play beside another #6 as a more B2B type probably better than anyone we have besides possibly Rabiot in the rare moments he’s in form.

You’re saying you’d like to go into the season with an old and somewhat washed up Pjanic, an injured and garbage player in Arthur, and Bentancur who has shown time and again he’s incompetent as a 6…? We have Rabiot, Bentancur, McKennie, Ramsey for the other midfield positions, though hopefully we could rid ourselves of 1 of them and sign someone better.

We absolutely need a top class young #6. And if we can sell one of our superfluous, overpaid CMs, we should get a top young #8 too. But neither need is more pressing imo.
I like Loca, but Id rather have Arthur/Pjanic/Rabiot as the #6 and de Paul as the advanced mid than Loca as the #6 and McKennie as the advanced mid.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I like Loca, but Id rather have Arthur/Pjanic/Rabiot as the #6 and de Paul as the advanced mid than Loca as the #6 and McKennie as the advanced mid.
Rabiot is not a #6. Dude literally refuses to play the position, even if he’d probably suit it better than the mezzala role he seems to be obsessed with.

So, no, it would be Arthur/Pjanic/Bentancur. And that’s an absolute mess. Pjanic is the best of the three and that speaks volumes given that he looked finished this year.

If we’re playing a 3 man mid, I’d rather have Mckennie/Bentancur-Locatelli-Rabiot over De Paul-Arthur/Pjanic-Rabiot. Ideally we’d have signed both, but the absurd value we put on Arthur and the ridiculous contracts we gave Rabiot and Ramsey make them all nigh impossible to get rid of.

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
if we want to play 3 mid ala Nazionale, it's better be Van de Beek-locatelli-arthur/bentancur
rabiot-VDB swap
I like VDB dynamism. suited Barella role.
it's actually double regista system with arthur/bentan slightly more advance than locatelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)