Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
This transfer has the potential to ruin our season, it happens for all the wrong reasons.
If were broke we wouldnt waste 40mil on a nobody we dont really need.
We would focus on selling deadwood first.
defensive midfielders grow in trees in Italy, each and every year a new talent rises, without exception, we can literaly never ran out of such options, though hardly ever one escapes mediocrity. There are always new options.
whats rare is trully creative attacking midfielder like verrati, they come once in a decade.
some goes with supportive strikers and finishers.
We should only Rush and make sacrifices for rare talents on those position of rare talents.

There is always going to be a new Pellegrini. no need to ever Rush for ones, unless he is a cheap opportunity target and this one isnt!!
This year we need to rebuild, we need to replace starter on very problematic slots, like the RB.
The only slot in our lot without a valid alternative is the CAM, Ramsey is injury pro e, Berna is serie B player, Kulu and Dybs have failed in that position, we ldont have a valid option there and this player will be sacrificed because we will sacrifice our entire budget on Pellegrini.Pellegrini plays in Bentas and Rabbiot s place, he will replace one of those two, he is a difference maker, not the missing component that will make us competitive. He doesnt have the quality to build a CL win upon for the coming years.
He only has an ephemeral value between the natiolist Italian fans.
Sassuolo is charging him for a price we could sign a real player, a real difference maker, or a rare talents.
He has no value outside Italy and no team in Italy or abroad would ever pay more than 22mil for him.
But they know that we always act desperately and wasteful and they will just profit from this.
To maximise profits, they ask for a talent (Dragusin) bought with peanuts (5mil) and we will just fall for it, like we always do.
Two years from now, nobody will want or rate Pellegrini, just like nobody wants Bernaderschi and Pellegrini will find no other team to pay him the high salary we shall waste, like we always do and will be just one more over paid Mediocre DM we have, while we will be wasting yet another summer transfer budget on the next one hit wonder DM...
You know the guy we are signing from Sassuolo is not Pellegrini but Locatelli, correct? You are aware that in this thread we are discussing Manuel Locatelli from Sassuolo right now and not Lorenzo Pellegrini of Roma (who is actually an AM )

Do you know where you are right now? Do you need us to call someone for you?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Dude wtf are you rambling on about? You sound like a pub drunk that’s still sitting at the bar after orders slurring words and using the wrong names. Who the fuck is pellegrini?

Locatelli is a 23 year old experienced player with consistent performance levels behind him. He offers both more defensively and offensively than any of our midfield players. Is he going to win the CL alone? Of course not - you find a player for 40m that will…
What are you banging on about veratti for like he’s the messiah, he’s a fairly average midfielder who is lightweight, susceptible to injury and ill disciplined.

Troll level posting
The components we lack the most, should be the most effective catalysts to enhance us.
40mil is not cheap, we never treated 40mil as cheap, in fact every time we invested such an ammount, it was invested on a new starter that is expected to make a difference.
only Last year, we have signed 3 new players for the exact some spot, we also had Benta, who also was great in the previous season and still is very young.
We dont have the cash to out right buy all the players we need for a competitive team, so we ought to build adding one piece at a time. but we are on a loop that we are adding more DMs and SSs each and every year...
always focusing our attention and budget there and leave everything else for next year.
This is exactly what we did Last year, it was obvious that Ramsey will not solve our problems, but we invested most of our cash and salary cap on more DMs and SSs...
When we invest big cash, we should invest on the position that would have a maximum impact, starting by the weakest link and rotate untill we improve on everything.
Arthur, Rabbiot and Benta are not perfect, they have their flaws, but also have some streghts. Also two of them arrived just Last year.
We have literaly have noone to replace Ramsey and he is far more injury prone than them.
Wingbacks too lost most of the season and forced us use ol Cuads or CBs there.
How can you over look those problem?? havent you seen what problems created this season?
havent you seen how disconnected our team felt when pushing upfront?
havent you seen how hard Berna and Dybs have failed when tried as CAMs?
How many times we have missed the defensive solidarity of a dedicated wing back?
Rabbiot will stay, as noone will pay his salary, Benta has a sale clause thar inhibit us for making a profit from his sale. Arthur is considered too injury prone for everyone to invest on him.
Most of those guys will stay, by adding a new player there, we are amplifying the problem of their salary and show them there is no reason to try.
Ramsey on the other hand is only one and already one his way out.
Also is far far more difficult to find a CAM, we can always bring Pjanic back at x-mas should Rabbiot fail again.
But where to find such quality CAM for free?
We cant, we have been failing to find one for a decade now, time to finally set it as a priority and invest there!

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Cronios isn't wrong about the need for a CM who can be more creative threat in the final 3rd but that doesn't make this somehow a signing we shouldn't make. Also the arguments about not signing him because we have arthur, rabiot or bentancur? lol how did that work out last season?

Cuadrado has been one of the best players in the team and also has Danilo. RB is one of the positions that least needs addressing.

I don't know how any sane person can see two flanks one with Danilo, Cuadrado and the other with Sandro, frabotta and think the former is the problem.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Cronios isn't wrong about the need for a CM who can be more creative threat in the final 3rd but that doesn't make this somehow a signing we shouldn't make. Also the arguments about not signing him because we have arthur, rabiot or bentancur? lol how did that work out last season?

Cuadrado has been one of the best players in the team and also has Danilo. RB is one of the positions that least needs addressing.
I don't know how any sane person can see two flanks one with Danilo, Cuadrado and the other with Sandro, frabotta and think the former is the problem.
We actually need more fresh young and energetic one like Licht style for both back flank/side
So selling one to get one for the better future will be great, I assume that is in the head of Cronios for wingback position addressing

But he is wrong that Locatelli does not improve our CM, this will be a great coup if we getting him like the loan + obliged structure like Chiesa
Especially if we offload another midfielder who will be below pecking order

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
You know the guy we are signing from Sassuolo is not Pellegrini but Locatelli, correct? You are aware that in this thread we are discussing Manuel Locatelli from Sassuolo right now and not Lorenzo Pellegrini of Roma (who is actually an AM )

Do you know where you are right now? Do you need us to call someone for you?
sorry if I want clear there, i should use full names, with many of you i had those talks before and i assumed you knew, so let me clarify things:

yes yes, i mean the other kak winganck pellegrini we got Last year in that horrible deal with Roma for plus valenza
Lorenzo is an attacking midfielder able to solve our problems and harder to find as such. so therefore a 40mil investment would be excuse.
DMs can be found in abundance and should only arrive as very cheap opportunity targets, swap deals etc, its the variation of the Lorenzo we are systematically are failing to find.
Ramsey was the sole exception and as expected only happened because everybody knew he is crippled.
There is higher competition for CAMs, they are more rare and actually useful. so this where we need to invest.
every team can grow a Locatelli from their academies, even our own, every year new such talents arrive, there is noone irreplaceable, if we follow the NT, there always was an option there.
What the Italian NT has always lacked was decent Wingbacks, some times CAMs and finishes.
SSs, and DMs where always in abundance, when we have money for one player alone, we should not throw it there, as we will have more chances in the future.
when we dont get those rare donnaruma, barellas, verratis and Lorenzo, we regret it for nearly a decade, the dagostinos grow in trees

rainhard

May 5, 2004
While we actually have Nicolo "The Pasta" Fagioli that can play as CAM

that nickname because when I search for Fagioli in Google all that came out first is pasta LOL
1624487125066.png

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
sorry if I want clear there, i should use full names, with many of you i had those talks before and i assumed you knew, so let me clarify things:

yes yes, i mean the other kak winganck pellegrini we got Last year in that horrible deal with Roma for plus valenza
Lorenzo is an attacking midfielder able to solve our problems and harder to find as such. so therefore a 40mil investment would be excuse.
DMs can be found in abundance and should only arrive as very cheap opportunity targets, swap deals etc, its the variation of the Lorenzo we are systematically are failing to find.
Ramsey was the sole exception and as expected only happened because everybody knew he is crippled.
There is higher competition for CAMs, they are more rare and actually useful. so this where we need to invest.
every team can grow a Locatelli from their academies, even our own, every year new such talents arrive, there is noone irreplaceable, if we follow the NT, there always was an option there.
What the Italian NT has always lacked was decent Wingbacks, some times CAMs and finishes.
SSs, and DMs where always in abundance, when we have money for one player alone, we should not throw it there, as we will have more chances in the future.
when we dont get those rare donnaruma, barellas, verratis and Lorenzo, we regret it for nearly a decade, the dagostinos grow in trees
Reread your own post. If the Pellegrini you were referring to is Luca Pellegrini the LB then your post makes even less sense than if you were referring to Manuel Locatelli as "Pellegrini".

- - - Updated - - -

While we actually have Nicolo "The Pasta" Fagioli that can play as CAM

that nickname because when I search for Fagioli in Google all that came out first is pasta LOL
1624487125066.png
So our academy grew a CAM on a tree and not a DM. Cronios wrong again

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

So is it better to fine tune Rabbiot with Locatelli and play ramsey or Berna in front of him, instead of getting James and play Rabbiot behind him?
Is Locatelli such a superior solution over Rabbiot+Banta+Arthur, than a reliable CAM of that value over ramsey+Berna or whatever desperate solution we try there?
If we only have cash for only one such deals and this is the case as we have seen before, we should make it where it will have the best impact.
choosing to upgrade Rabbiot with Locatelli, we are condemning the upgrade of ramsey to anything useful.
And this isnt the first year it happens, we have been failing to sign someone like eriksen for over a decade now!

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So is it better to fine tune Rabbiot with Locatelli and play ramsey or Berna in front of him, instead of getting James and play Rabbiot behind him?
Is Locatelli such a superior solution over Rabbiot+Banta+Arthur, than a reliable CAM of that value over ramsey+Berna or whatever desperate solution we try there?
If we only have cash for only one such deals and this is the case as we have seen before, we should make it where it will have the best impact.
choosing to upgrade Rabbiot with Locatelli, we are condemning the upgrade of ramsey to anything useful.
And this isnt the first year it happens, we have been failing to sign someone like eriksen for over a decade now!
Alright, recommend me the available CAMs you want to sign this summer that Locatelli is preventing? List some names

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Reread your own post. If the Pellegrini you were referring to is Luca Pellegrini the LB then your post makes even less sense than if you were referring to Manuel Locatelli as "Pellegrini".

- - - Updated - - -

So our academy grew a CAM on a tree and not a DM. Cronios wrong again
And we have Miretti and Sekulov in primavera (U19) both are attacking midfielder
Hamza Rafia is attacking midfield too, I hope we can get Cherki too

Locatelli keep improving year by year, he getting the most touches in Serie A last season and most passes to final third + progressive pass
4th and 3rd in serie A in number of tackles in last 2 years and 5th and 6th for tackles won. He getting number 1 in pass targets with 2589 total pass last season while he is 6th in past target in 19/20. total 87.9% pass completion

The forward will be very happy if they have this kind of midfielder that give so much progressive passes while some of that pass goes to final third

1624488140543.png

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Alright, recommend me the available CAMs you want to sign this summer that Locatelli is preventing? List some names
since we only focused on him as our primary target, we have focused our entire attention and budget on him alone.
So thats why there are no many players related to us.
This is the maximum threat and possible damage done to our club.
Thats why making priorities is important.
Every year we hope that there is time and options for that new CAM till the very Last minute or the very Last transfer Day of the summer,, yet all the budget is already spent on those early DMs and SSs, this is exactly the talk we had in early summer every summer before.
Its, precisely because we have seen and experience all those things before, we now know the fatal danger for this Mercato this transfer poses!

- - - Updated - - -

And we have Miretti and Sekulov in primavera (U19) both are attacking midfielder
Hamza Rafia is attacking midfield too, I hope we can get Cherki too

Locatelli keep improving year by year, he getting the most touches in Serie A last season and most passes to final third + progressive pass
4th and 3rd in serie A in number of tackles in last 2 years and 5th and 6th for tackles won. He getting number 1 in pass targets with 2589 total pass last season while he is 6th in past target in 19/20. total 87.9% pass completion

The forward will be very happy if they have this kind of midfielder that give so much progressive passes while some of that pass goes to final third

1624488140543.png
We have always had CAMs and finishers in our academy, but they rarely ever make it to our team and even some great ones, we wasted for no good reason.
After getting a starter CAM to replace crippled Ramsey and serie B Berna, we could swap any of Rabbiot, Arhtur or Benta will Locatelli, no problem with that, but keeping all three of them, wasting all of our cash on Locatelli and keep waiting for Ramsey or Berna to deliver where they failed Last year is simply idiotic from our mngmnt, esp because this happens every year for a decade now....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)