Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
ANd how much money we spend on these promising players just to never use them in our team or to sell them for a quick buck and smallest possible profit.

We could just save the money and spend it now... Also, how come we are almost the only club where every high paid bum have to play instead of promising youngster.
million dollar question

Jun 16, 2020
Once they leave you (Juve) no longer has any say in their development. Juve can't call up Empoli and ask them why they aren't playing a youngster and expect Empoli to say SO SORRY we will play him now. Doesn't work like that. Often times it better to be immersed daily around talented players to learn from and fight for your minutes. Either our scouts absolutely SUCK at scouting potential or our board is mental for abusing ones with it.

If I was a promising youngster at Juve...I'd rather stay there on the B team with the ability to watch every single day players like ronaldo, buffon, etc train b/c I will learn more from them than I will the best player at say, Genoa or Palermo. Hands down I stay at Juve and fight for my place. I will play my hand and try to get the experience there rather than at some mediocre club with an Italian coach that prefers 30+ year old dinosaurs over young potential. No.Thank.You.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at Rovella, he would walk into our current midfield...yet, here we are, using him as bait.

- - - Updated - - -

Well we are absolutely fucked if we think we are going to ever buy our way to an MVP type midfield.

if we can't run a business where we groom at least one talented midfielder then we should stop pretending with our B-team and youth camps. The best long term solution right now is put added emphasis on growing our youth setups. We have our hands on two decent CMs we have no business letting them go. Locatelli should be bought, but not at their expense.

- - - Updated - - -

Although you’re right in saying that once you leave Juventus on loan, the odds of coming back are pretty slim. We’re a particular case in that regard, sadly enough.

But what you’re saying in terms of training or playing is wrong. We’ve learned that lessons already years ago with Marrone. Players develop by many reasons but in particular the most important are: playing, playing on a suited level, and good coaching. Besides that there are the mental aspects and talent obviously, bus let’s take that for granted for the sake of the discussion.

If we take a recent example with Fagioli and Rovella; the first more talented and training with the big ones, the other less talented but played 20 Serie A games. Who would’ve developed more this year? This whole situation made Fagioli not playing for Italy U21 at the Euro’s aswel and the U23 games which he played were below level, as he probably missed match fitness. So to answer my own question, Rovella developed more. Fagioli basically missed a important year.

Just training will never be enough, young guys have to play in order to gain more experience and improve their skills. There’s indeed a risk of loaning players as those clubs aren’t obligated to use them every week, so a good solution has to be found (hence the U23 team). Besides that there’s something fundamentally wrong at Juventus in this regard and they should change that conservative mentality.

It will be interesting to see what this club will do, because we basically have 3 midfielders who followed a different way within this club and a decision should be made this summer:

- Fagioli: played mostly for U19, and has numerous games for U23, but has spent a year training with the senior squad, didn’t play much this season
- Ranocchia: full season U19, followed by a full season U23, played as much as possible in Serie C
- Rovella: bought for a high amount and loaned out, gained some Serie A experience

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Although you’re right in saying that once you leave Juventus on loan, the odds of coming back are pretty slim. We’re a particular case in that regard, sadly enough.

But what you’re saying in terms of training or playing is wrong. We’ve learned that lessons already years ago with Marrone. Players develop by many reasons but in particular the most important are: playing, playing on a suited level, and good coaching. Besides that there are the mental aspects and talent obviously, bus let’s take that for granted for the sake of the discussion.

If we take a recent example with Fagioli and Rovella; the first more talented and training with the big ones, the other less talented but played 20 Serie A games. Who would’ve developed more this year? This whole situation made Fagioli not playing for Italy U21 at the Euro’s aswel and the U23 games which he played were below level, as he probably missed match fitness. So to answer my own question, Rovella developed more. Fagioli basically missed a important year.

Just training will never be enough, young guys have to play in order to gain more experience and improve their skills. There’s indeed a risk of loaning players as those clubs aren’t obligated to use them every week, so a good solution has to be found (hence the U23 team). Besides that there’s something fundamentally wrong at Juventus in this regard and they should change that conservative mentality.

It will be interesting to see what this club will do, because we basically have 3 midfielders who followed a different way within this club and a decision should be made this summer:

- Fagioli: played mostly for U19, and has numerous games for U23, but has spent a year training with the senior squad, didn’t play much this season
- Ranocchia: full season U19, followed by a full season U23, played as much as possible in Serie C
- Rovella: bought for a high amount and loaned out, gained some Serie A experience
Exactly. If you have value and play for a lesser team you are going to start on a weekly basis.
If not you get benched and it's obvious that if you can't cut it for the Sasuolo or Genoa's of the world you certainly can't cut it for Juve.
The value, mentality, hard work and talent would shine through regardless of where you play and should be more obvious in a lesser team.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
The extreme hype about Fagioli and Rovella is cute and sad at the same time. Locatelli shits on 'm both. Who cares if we lose one of them for a 23 year old Italian that fits an actual need for a change and with several years of Serie A experience...

Still, if we were to add one to the team next season, I'd prefer Rovella. He's obviously ahead in his development and could be useful right away. Fagioli is more of a question mark to us as fans as he never actually played at that level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)