Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (53 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Ok - two problems here.

1.) We have, potentially, two DECENT YOUNG ITALIAN mids on our hands. Why give them up? We will eventually get Rovella until we throw him in a deal like this.
2.) We continually put ourselves in this position where we let players go with "buy back" options but they never develop at these crappy clubs and when they do, we lose them (i.e. Romero we had, lost, and is now a good player)

Let's see here...spend top dollar on a mid every time we need one, or develop our own to slot into the team and buy occasionally a top dollar mid. Not sustainable.
when was the last time we spent top dollar on a CM? isn't the issue that we've been putting money elsewhere and cheaping out on CM?

Arthur doesn't count cause of swap deal

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
when was the last time we spent top dollar on a CM? isn't the issue that we've been putting money elsewhere and cheaping out on CM?

Arthur doesn't count cause of swap deal
We have spent a lot of money on failed CMs (Melo, tiago, etc along the years). What we suck at nowadays is getting talented CMs on the cheap (like Pogba, like Pirlo, etc). I'm all for splashing cash on Locatelli, give them what they want but don't get rid of our good youth CMs when we have shitty starting CMs (or shitty deadweight we need to sell). We are just going to have to spend top dollar again to replace the trash like Arthur and Bentancur when we could literally use Rovella if he turns out well or Fagioli.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We have spent a lot of money on failed CMs (Melo, tiago, etc along the years). What we suck at nowadays is getting talented CMs on the cheap (like Pogba, like Pirlo, etc). I'm all for splashing cash on Locatelli, give them what they want but don't get rid of our good youth CMs when we have shitty starting CMs (or shitty deadweight we need to sell). We are just going to have to spend top dollar again to replace the trash like Arthur and Bentancur when we could literally use Rovella if he turns out well or Fagioli.
what does it tell you that you had to go back more than a decade to find these examples...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
what does it tell you that you had to go back more than a decade to find these examples...
That the Beppe haters can suck a dick.

- - - Updated - - -

Our weakest spot is midfield. We have one now, one later that are ours that will improve that section of the team. Why not use them AND buy reinforcements with funds sold by players we don't need. We are in such a shitty position.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Our weakest spot is midfield. We have one now, one later that are ours that will improve that section of the team. Why not use them AND buy reinforcements with funds sold by players we don't need. We are in such a shitty position.
Sure could use that 350mil from JPMorgan any day now

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Technically danilo could and did a steady enough job. Watch cherubini bring back de shittio and calls that our new left back.
It's fun to discuss rumors and all, but in actuality I'm not expecting much to get done by any club until after the Euros are finished. Maybe you'll get someone like Donnarumma make a move for example, but that's about it.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Ok - two problems here.

1.) We have, potentially, two DECENT YOUNG ITALIAN mids on our hands. Why give them up? We will eventually get Rovella until we throw him in a deal like this.
2.) We continually put ourselves in this position where we let players go with "buy back" options but they never develop at these crappy clubs and when they do, we lose them (i.e. Romero we had, lost, and is now a good player)

Let's see here...spend top dollar on a mid every time we need one, or develop our own to slot into the team and buy occasionally a top dollar mid. Not sustainable. It is absolutely hilarious to me to watch these foreign clubs mop up league talent (referring to Verratti that could have been bought for peanuts) and possibly Locatelli where we finally get some decent youth talent only to see them go to hell in a hand basket at another club that decides not to play them.
If they can't manage to develop in a low level club, how can you expect to develop in Juve, in a low playing environment?
If you can't make it in the low tier, you obviously can't make it in the higher one.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Just to respond to this again. I don't think we can count on "Beppe" anymore. Not the man himself but the magic. As much as i like the idea of it, we can't count on developing the next Marchisio. We can't count on signing the next Pogba for $350,000 in training fees. We can't count on signing the next Vidal for 12mil. Or signing the Pirlo on a Bosman from a direct tital rival.

I pray for these gems too but we mostly would need to pay through the nose for players like that or sift through years of "market opportunities" waiting for the stars to align.

There will be some but all in that short a period of time? On that restricted a budget?

That midfield was an insane combination of luck and great "market opportunities"

We might live the rest of our lives and not see a Juventus midfield assembled like that, for such little $.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If they can't manage to develop in a low level club, how can you expect to develop in Juve, in a low playing environment?
If you can't make it in the low tier, you obviously can't make it in the higher one.
Once they leave you (Juve) no longer has any say in their development. Juve can't call up Empoli and ask them why they aren't playing a youngster and expect Empoli to say SO SORRY we will play him now. Doesn't work like that. Often times it better to be immersed daily around talented players to learn from and fight for your minutes. Either our scouts absolutely SUCK at scouting potential or our board is mental for abusing ones with it.

If I was a promising youngster at Juve...I'd rather stay there on the B team with the ability to watch every single day players like ronaldo, buffon, etc train b/c I will learn more from them than I will the best player at say, Genoa or Palermo. Hands down I stay at Juve and fight for my place. I will play my hand and try to get the experience there rather than at some mediocre club with an Italian coach that prefers 30+ year old dinosaurs over young potential. No.Thank.You.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at Rovella, he would walk into our current midfield...yet, here we are, using him as bait.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to respond to this again. I don't think we can count on "Beppe" anymore. Not the man himself but the magic. As much as i like the idea of it, we can't count on developing the next Marchisio. We can't count on signing the next Pogba for $350,000 in training fees. We can't count on signing the next Vidal for 12mil. Or signing the Pirlo on a Bosman from a direct tital rival.

I pray for these gems too but we mostly would need to pay through the nose for players like that or sift through years of "market opportunities" waiting for the stars to align.

There will be some but all in that short a period of time? On that restricted a budget?

That midfield was an insane combination of luck and great "market opportunities"

We might live the rest of our lives and not see a Juventus midfield assembled like that, for such little $.
Well we are absolutely fucked if we think we are going to ever buy our way to an MVP type midfield.

if we can't run a business where we groom at least one talented midfielder then we should stop pretending with our B-team and youth camps. The best long term solution right now is put added emphasis on growing our youth setups. We have our hands on two decent CMs we have no business letting them go. Locatelli should be bought, but not at their expense.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
ANd how much money we spend on these promising players just to never use them in our team or to sell them for a quick buck and smallest possible profit.

We could just save the money and spend it now... Also, how come we are almost the only club where every high paid bum have to play instead of promising youngster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)