Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Would you pay 40/50/60 million for him? I feel like there are better options for so much money
I don't think Locatelli is overpriced. I think he is a very promising player.

What I do hear is the argument that we might end up spending a significant amount of our transfer budget on him and he doesn't fix all the issues that exist further up the pitch / isn't the player Pirlo or whoever the coach wants to play with.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I don't think Locatelli is overpriced. I think he is a very promising player.

What I do hear is the argument that we might end up spending a significant amount of our transfer budget on him and he doesn't fix all the issues that exist further up the pitch / isn't the player Pirlo or whoever the coach wants to play with.
I think he's a good player, but not at that price

I would look to find a (potential) star in midfield and then look to surround him with fitting characters. I don't think we have money to fix the midfield by adding 3 quality improvements on what we have now. That will be some 100M+. So if it's say Aouar you support him with a DM and b2b. Whether those are cheap short term fixes, some loan+options/player swaps, or maybe someone from current bunch finds himself in a new role, that I don't know. But 1st thing land that marquee player as building block.

You might think we don't have money for a Aouar level player but even then, I think you can find similar level to Locatelli for less money

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I think he's a good player, but not at that price

I would look to find a (potential) star in midfield and then look to surround him with fitting characters. I don't think we have money to fix the midfield by adding 3 quality improvements on what we have now. That will be some 100M+. So if it's say Aouar you support him with a DM and b2b. Whether those are cheap short term fixes, some loan+options/player swaps, or maybe someone from current bunch finds himself in a new role, that I don't know. But 1st thing land that marquee player as building block.

You might think we don't have money for a Aouar level player but even then, I think you can find similar level to Locatelli for less money
The same thing was being said about Verratti at the time. Even if prices were different back then and we were in a different situation.

Locatelli is exactly the kind of stable building block you want and need for this juve. Someone who's always available, consistently performing and probably also a decent leader as Sassuolo's captain... I'd say add the cherry after that. We're looking at a season fighting to get (back) in the CL imo, not the scudetto and we should let go of that idea to not get a half-assed rebuild.

How much will Aouar cost and will they accept youngsters going the other way? I guess much more and probably not.
And is he on a completely different level? I don't think so. Difference is Aouar has CL experience and did well there but stats and performance wise they're actually not that far apart. But it's simple; we need both types.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Locatelli is a top talent and a consistent performer already at his age. He isn't the new Pirlo but no one is. Mistake to not sign him. Also these 60m prices are just media BS, he won't be that expensive, probably 40m I guess.

Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli. When the rock of the national team was the backline we had it. Now the strongest point of the national team is the midfield and it coincides as our weakest point by far. Unacceptable imo. How many midfielders of Mancini would start for us? The first 6 or so? Verratti, Jorginho, Barella, Locatelli, Zaniolo, Pellegrini, Pessina, Sensi, Castrovilli... Furthermore these guys all play the style that the management has been wanting Juve to play.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Not many clubs will take Frabotta and a youth player to add into the deal to lower the price like Sasuollo is willing to do with Locatelli. Foreign targets clubs will say no and straight up cash.

It make sense to make this signing only for this reason.

Jun 16, 2020
Locatelli is a top talent and a consistent performer already at his age. He isn't the new Pirlo but no one is. Mistake to not sign him. Also these 60m prices are just media BS, he won't be that expensive, probably 40m I guess.

Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli. When the rock of the national team was the backline we had it. Now the strongest point of the national team is the midfield and it coincides as our weakest point by far. Unacceptable imo. How many midfielders of Mancini would start for us? The first 6 or so? Verratti, Jorginho, Barella, Locatelli, Zaniolo, Pellegrini, Pessina, Sensi, Castrovilli... Furthermore these guys all play the style that the management has been wanting Juve to play.
So painful to see so many talented Italian midfielders and none of them at Juventus.

They were discussing this at Sky the other day with Capello and Del Piero. We have a Frenchmen, Welsh, American, Brazilian, but who’s there to really transmit the Juve DNA at the midfield? No one.

Last edited:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
So painful to see so many talented Italian midfielders and none of them at Juventus.

They were discussing this at Sky the other day with Capello and Del Piero. We have a Frenchmen, Welsh, American, Brazilian, but who’s there to really transmit the Juve DNA at the midfield? No one.
Yeah, getting more talented Italians is definitely a must. It would bring us some much needed stability.

Jun 16, 2020

Won’t be surprised if we miss out on him. Board is busy with handling themself, to many question marks for next season.

You’d expect a proper president to intervene. Or already move Cherubini up the ranks, or give Paratici a new contract. They should be busy with thinking about next season already. But as known, Agnelli is doing everything but Juventus.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

Won’t be surprised if we miss out on him. Board is busy with handling themself, to many question marks for next season.

You’d expect a proper president to intervene. Or already move Cherubini up the ranks, or give Paratici a new contract. They should be busy with thinking about next season already. But as known, Agnelli is doing everything but Juventus.
The more important question is on the coach front have we initiated any contact with Allegri or any other coach or project pirlo will continue

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The same thing was being said about Verratti at the time. Even if prices were different back then and we were in a different situation.

Locatelli is exactly the kind of stable building block you want and need for this juve. Someone who's always available, consistently performing and probably also a decent leader as Sassuolo's captain... I'd say add the cherry after that. We're looking at a season fighting to get (back) in the CL imo, not the scudetto and we should let go of that idea to not get a half-assed rebuild.

How much will Aouar cost and will they accept youngsters going the other way? I guess much more and probably not.
And is he on a completely different level? I don't think so. Difference is Aouar has CL experience and did well there but stats and performance wise they're actually not that far apart. But it's simple; we need both types.
Verratti went for 12M and he was 20. Tonali is the one comparable to Verratti in terms of price and potential. Locatelli more established, more of a finished product, is 23 already and will cost a fortune. I'm not saying don't sign him but I won't lose sleep if we miss out

- - - Updated - - -

Not many clubs will take Frabotta and a youth player to add into the deal to lower the price like Sasuollo is willing to do with Locatelli. Foreign targets clubs will say no and straight up cash.

It make sense to make this signing only for this reason.
Frabotta isn't worth 5M even, so who cares

- - - Updated - - -

You skip on Barella (loan plus option to inter) but give 25M+ in gross wages to Ramsey and Rabiot, sign two young CBs for 44M (same summer you land De Ligt), make useless fullback swaps that downgrade us, to make plusvalenza to cover those bad decisions. Then a summer later you skip on Tonali (loan plus option again, this time to Milan) but go for McKennie and useless Pjanic Arthur swap. So you have only ourselves to blame, same as back when we penny pitched on Verratti

Last edited:

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002

So while we are suck$%& Raiola's balls to get Donnaruma (that we dont need) we are missing a player that we actually do need...

Juventus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)