Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Reminiscent of Marchisio bossing it as a regista post Pirlo.
For me we need him+Aouar/Pogba/SMS. Not one or the other.
Agree..although I'd love to find a ready made world class midfielder for that role it just doesn't seem possible. Locatelli is showing enough but that additional pogba/SMS/aouar is what will bring our midfield to the next level.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I've been trying to follow Aouar this season. He played well against us. But he's not showing quite enough this season. No end product whatever. I'm watching a lot of Sassuolo and Locatelli is ready. He's really a mature player for his age but the main thing is that his passing range is good and he's always looking up and generally forward.

- - - Updated - - -

I like him...but is he the midfielder we need to bring our midfield to the next level? We will overpay for him, then have no funds for the best midfielders out there. No doubt he is playing better than all of our midfielders put together.
And our midfielders are not actually bad. They'd go to any big club around the world for good money. Locatelli is showing real class. I don't think we'll pay more for him than Aouar or Pogba. We've got good relations with Sassuolo and he's an Italian in Serie A playing for a middle-tier side.

- - - Updated - - -

I like him...but is he the midfielder we need to bring our midfield to the next level? We will overpay for him, then have no funds for the best midfielders out there. No doubt he is playing better than all of our midfielders put together.
And our midfielders are not actually bad. They'd go to any big club around the world for good money. Locatelli is showing real class. I don't think we'll pay more for him than Aouar or Pogba. We've got good relations with Sassuolo and he's an Italian in Serie A playing for a middle-tier side.

Last edited:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
We need to do a Bayern Munchen here and complete this signing way before the transfer window opens. Whenever we're interested in any player we keep waiting until the last week which at that point opens the door up to competitors.

Give them Fagioli and Rovella plus 15m and let's get it.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Reckon we'll just finalize Wes and Locatelli for XI. Sign a backup SM-AM for Wes (Ramsey/Berna replacement). And maybe get rid of Rabiot's salary and replace him with Rovella/facsimile.

I'd be content with that.

Wes - Locatelli - Arthur - Chiesa
(?) - (Ben10, Rovella, Wes) -

Not the very best mid in the world but finally an actual good, working, balanced one.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Fuck pogba we don't need a player who performs for his own sake to save his ass when need be. Wtf has he actually done relative to his hefty tag that has you all drooling? For that money you can buy two prospects..never seen a bigger waste if talent because of poor character. Don't need hit or miss fancy shit on the field need a reliable workrate..stay at plastic U and Keep dabbing brah.

Pogba lovers read this. If you want to pay 80 or 100M or more for this clown just to be a glorified bentancur, switch sports to hockey.

19 matches 1349 mins.
3 goals (450 mins per goal)
ZERO assists.
Key passes 14 (how key?)
20 tackles at %77 (his best feature this season)
18 interceptions (how important?)

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I see us having a decent team and doing well next season. Not concerned about then but now. Just pls get the 10th this year. This type of achievement can only happen once in a century. And I wanna witness anti Juventini much distress and tears.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
When your options in midfield are Rabiot, Bentancur, and Ramsey you don't say fuck Pogba.

One midfielder isn't enough, but we're going to need to move those useless duds on massive wages like Rabiot and Ramsey. I'm still not sold on Arthur (needs to stay fit and perform at a consistently high level (or not) before I can truly judge him). McNuggets has been a pleasant surprise, but he's never going to be the main player in midfield - he needs better players around him to fully maximize and utilize his attributes.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ideally, our starting trio in midfield should be Locatelli, Arthur, and Aouar/Pogba, with McNuggets used in rotation. As I said, I'm still not sold on Arthur, but he offers something none of our other mids can. That midfield is still nowhere near Marchisio, Vidal, Pogba and Pirlo level, but I've made peace with the fact that we're never getting anything like that, at least for the next decade. However, the drop off can't be as massive as it has been, and that's on both Magotta before and Tootsie and Bozo now. You can substitute steak or lobster for roasted duck, but the drop off shouldn't be from steak or lobster to instant noodles and rice porridge (which is what our current midfield is).

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Reckon we'll just finalize Wes and Locatelli for XI. Sign a backup SM-AM for Wes (Ramsey/Berna replacement). And maybe get rid of Rabiot's salary and replace him with Rovella/facsimile.

I'd be content with that.

Wes - Locatelli - Arthur - Chiesa
(?) - (Ben10, Rovella, Wes) -

Not the very best mid in the world but finally an actual good, working, balanced one.
I think this is very likely, but also very underwhelming.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
When your options in midfield are Rabiot, Bentancur, and Ramsey you don't say fuck Pogba.

One midfielder isn't enough, but we're going to need to move those useless duds on massive wages like Rabiot and Ramsey. I'm still not sold on Arthur (needs to stay fit and perform at a consistently high level (or not) before I can truly judge him). McNuggets has been a pleasant surprise, but he's never going to be the main player in midfield - he needs better players around him to fully maximize and utilize his attributes.
Fuck Pogba.

Come at me, bro.

- - - Updated - - -

United without Pogba this year: 10 wins - 1 draw. Talk about useless dud on massive wages.

Ramsey 2 goals - 4 assists in 827 minutes

Pogba 3 goals - 0 assists in 1348 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)