Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
dunno why some still doubt him. he's more consistent than any of our mids, and plays at a pretty high standard when it comes to passing, holding the ball, defending, and even playing forward. solid player, it would be nice to have him.
Probably because people want more than a solid player. :D

Locatelli is one of the rare promising links I see nowadays.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 19, 2007
I think the reason most doubt him is precisely because they acknowledge our midfield is garbage and are skeptical of any incoming midfield transfers. It really isn't hard to be better and more consistent than our mids, whether individually or as a unit - they are nothing special!

People are skeptical because of how our recent midfield purchases, McNuggets aside (still too early as well), have panned out. Additionally, some of us are concerned that he'd be the marquee or key signing in midfield, which would be slightly underwhelming and nowhere near sufficient to take the midfield to the next level (where it should and needs to be). Having said that, I'd gladly sacrifice all our mids if we can bring in Locatelli and someone else of quality.
Yeah I agree, If our midfield was already good and we were looking for rotation and depth and potential starter for the future , people would love him I think. Unfortunately our current status is needing an impact player for the midfield which he isnt a sure fire thing.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I don't know how you guys watch Sassuolo, Locatelli isn't a potential starter or depth or rotation. He is better than our midfielders in that role. Would have a great impact here.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Yes agreed, but no chance Sassuolo let him go now.

He has made it very clear he wants to join us, every agent rumor, news, comment, question pushes him to Juve. But Sassuolo have their own ambitions.

Oct 23, 2011
I hope we don't go overboard with our chase of "rejuvenating" the squad and spend millions on those teenagers we aren't ever going to see in the first team. This guy is young and is already proven. If he's available (and I understand that would come at a hefty premium this winter), I'd much rather spend that on Locatelli, someone that instantly improves our midfield, than spend it on someone who's will spend the next 2 years with the U23 squad or at another team on loan.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I wonder which member of Sassuolo's board inserted the Man City interest this week. Or is it putting two and two together a few days after Pep saying that Fernandinho was probably leaving in the summer?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Yes, we created zero chances, because we lack the players for it.Locatelli is not Davids either, just a mediocre player who can barely hold his own, we should aim for players at SMS, Pogbs level, at least one of them.
this will never happen as long as we have italians in charge of manager and ceo positions.

look at demiral rotting on the bench. mckennie being benched for frabotta. i really hate this management.

Jul 13, 2010
It's good we are looking for a DM, but I'd prefer someone with good tackling, a defensive DM, who can recover the ball and be a support to midfield when in possession and almost an extra (more advanced) center back when defending. Attacking mids does not work with what we have.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
It's good we are looking for a DM, but I'd prefer someone with good tackling, a defensive DM, who can recover the ball and be a support to midfield when in possession and almost an extra (more advanced) center back when defending. Attacking mids does not work with what we have.
Yea, We need some steel in midfield. A midfield the opposing team abhors playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)