Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
dunno why some still doubt him. he's more consistent than any of our mids, and plays at a pretty high standard when it comes to passing, holding the ball, defending, and even playing forward. solid player, it would be nice to have him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
There is nothing to doubt. Quality midfielder, not an X factor player, but a super all around solid impact midfielder. We need the high level stability he would provide.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
There is nothing to doubt. Quality midfielder, not an X factor player, but a super all around solid impact midfielder. We need the high level stability he would provide.
This exactly. He's a consistent and solid player. He's dependable any day of the week, young, Italian, barely injured and has lots of room for improvement. He's also an intelligent leader by the way, constantly coaching other player around him or filling in the gaps himself.

Why on earth are some still doubting him. Getting him over the likes of Bentancur or Rabiot would be an instant upgrade and give us so much more stability in front of the defence.

I'd say he should be on top of the summer wishlist.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
dunno why some still doubt him. he's more consistent than any of our mids, and plays at a pretty high standard when it comes to passing, holding the ball, defending, and even playing forward. solid player, it would be nice to have him.
TLDR Would welcome him here, but he won't solve our problems.

It's not like our mids are inconsistent and everyone else is a rock-solid week in and week out. Our whole team is inconsistent, apart of Danilo and MDL maybe (hope I don't jinx it). It's a coaching issue more imo, not a player issue.
And it's not that I doubt him, I just think he won't be that big of an upgrade. People here a careful about Atalanta players, because they look much better in Gasp system, well I think the same applies to De Zerbi's players.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
TLDR Would welcome him here, but he won't solve our problems.

It's not like our mids are inconsistent and everyone else is a rock-solid week in and week out. Our whole team is inconsistent, apart of Danilo and MDL maybe (hope I don't jinx it). It's a coaching issue more imo, not a player issue.
And it's not that I doubt him, I just think he won't be that big of an upgrade. People here a careful about Atalanta players, because they look much better in Gasp system, well I think the same applies to De Zerbi's players.
We're actually quite competent and reliable when we're actually dominant in midfield with a few exceptions of course. But fix midfield and a lot of our problems instantly go away.

The jury is still out on Pirlo and he didn't convince me either but Allegri and Sarry had the same problems. It's not a coaching issue here.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
No thanks. He is trash. How many times have you watched him? 1? Youtube doesn't count.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
We're actually quite competent and reliable when we're actually dominant in midfield with a few exceptions of course. But fix midfield and a lot of our problems instantly go away.

The jury is still out on Pirlo and he didn't convince me either but Allegri and Sarry had the same problems. It's not a coaching issue here.
We were dominant only against some crappy teams that barely move. As long as the opposing team is willing to run and move as a unit we struggle. We look alright when Morata is there to press and McKennie to do the running. But in any different setup, it's basically Bentancur running around in a search for a second yellow and that's it, the second midfielder is typically invisible.
Again, I am not saying Locatelli won't improve us, I think he will. I just don't think that him alone is nearly enough.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We were dominant only against some crappy teams that barely move. As long as the opposing team is willing to run and move as a unit we struggle. We look alright when Morata is there to press and McKennie to do the running. But in any different setup, it's basically Bentancur running around in a search for a second yellow and that's it, the second midfielder is typically invisible.
Again, I am not saying Locatelli won't improve us, I think he will. I just don't think that him alone is nearly enough.
He's not, agreed. We definitely need 2 starting calibres midfielders.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
He had an amazing game vs us. You've got to be careful not to overrate him since it's so rare to see any quality old school registas playing today. But usually when I see him play I love what I see.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think the reason most doubt him is precisely because they acknowledge our midfield is garbage and are skeptical of any incoming midfield transfers. It really isn't hard to be better and more consistent than our mids, whether individually or as a unit - they are nothing special!

People are skeptical because of how our recent midfield purchases, McNuggets aside (still too early as well), have panned out. Additionally, some of us are concerned that he'd be the marquee or key signing in midfield, which would be slightly underwhelming and nowhere near sufficient to take the midfield to the next level (where it should and needs to be). Having said that, I'd gladly sacrifice all our mids if we can bring in Locatelli and someone else of quality.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He had an amazing game vs us. You've got to be careful not to overrate him since it's so rare to see any quality old school registas playing today. But usually when I see him play I love what I see.
The performance of what you saw vs us is basically the norm. Even in games they lose 5-1 in their naive useless style, Locatelli is allways doing his thing in high level. Best example is basically his Azzurri starting debute vs Holland couple months back, he utterly dominated them like they were a provincial side. And it was vs a top level midfield.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The performance of what you saw vs us is basically the norm. Even in games they lose 5-1 in their naive useless style, Locatelli is allways doing his thing in high level. Best example is basically his Azzurri starting debute vs Holland couple months back, he utterly dominated them like they were a provincial side. And it was vs a top level midfield.
I saw that too - he is great whenever I see him. My point was just that he stands out even more because he's one of the few players in the world playing his role - so it's easy to overestimate his impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)