Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I watched the game, and he was solid.

Again, as a depth signing to be used in rotation, he'd be ideal. As the marquee signing in midfield? Underwhelming, so Absofuckinlutely NOT! One glorified friendly against the Dutch doesn't change that.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #225
    I watched the game, and he was solid.

Again, as a depth signing to be used in rotation, he'd be ideal. As the marquee signing in midfield? Underwhelming, so Absofuckinlutely NOT! One glorified friendly against the Dutch doesn't change that.
    give Sass a few mil + Fagioli loan + option to buy + counter option. :baus:

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #228
    What about Aouar? Our midfield needs a complete revamp. I also have a feeling Arthur is gonna suck.

I'd be ok with giving Sass 20+ million up front for Locatelli with those terms you mentioned.
    If Arthur stays healthy and out of trouble I think he'll do great.
    Aouar would be sweet. but like Cellino, I don't trust Aulas. Let's see how this finishes.
    Who's available we could get to play with Benta and Arthur?
    Do we plan on having Rabiot start and Locatelli on the bench?
    :boh:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
    None of Rabiot, Arthur, or Bentancur are mids with the level to demand 100% playing time, for different reasons.

Arthur is the more encouraging one, if he can improve his fitness. The other 2 aren't better than Locatelli though. Rabiot is great at his peak but overall can be inconsistent through a season, and as sacrilegious as it might be to say here, Bentancur is still a step below all the rest. His technique still has some way to go.

4 midfielders like these are good to have so they can rotate through form, injury and fatigue. Two 22yo and two 25yo, there is a lot upside to players like them.

Jul 13, 2010
    for some of you like b81 its enough to put Aouar's shirt on Locatelli and he would be on another level. But since it's LOCATELLI on the back and not AOUAR, plus sassuolo and not lyon, he's jus a rotation player. We should compare them without prejudice.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006
    That's because they are the most special skilled Italians. Being injured is not something to do with one's talent. Dont need to overrate Locatelli by putting them in their company to be able to appreciate him.
    Talent yes but what's the point if you can't count on them, it's like us with Douglass Costa. And I was talking about members who automatically dismiss Italian players because well.. they are Italian.

Aug 26, 2014
    What about Aouar? Our midfield needs a complete revamp. I also have a feeling Arthur is gonna suck.

I'd be ok with giving Sass 20+ million up front for Locatelli with those terms you mentioned.
    And if Arthur sucks Locatelli is our savior?? I personally think that Arthur will do good here, but we still need someone else in midfield and thats not Locatelli.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    for some of you like b81 its enough to put Aouar's shirt on Locatelli and he would be on another level. But since it's LOCATELLI on the back and not AOUAR, plus sassuolo and not lyon, he's jus a rotation player. We should compare them without prejudice.
    You can compare them without prejudice and Aouar is still way ahead. He is a game changing technically brilliant playmaker, with several dominant performances in CL. Exactly what we need.

Locatelli is excellent young DM, but the negativity comes from people reacting to BS like this.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    Aouar is one of the best u23 CM's in Europe along with Frenkie De Jong. He had dominant performances against both City and Bayern. Even when Lyon were 2-0 down against Bayern, he was among the few players that was a constant threat against them. Clearly says a lot about his mentality.
    The prejudice is just in your head. Even without prejudice, there is no comparison. Aouar is a far bigger talent.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    a month or 2 ago most were turning their noses up on locatelli. 1 game for Italy and he's suddenly on everyone's hot list :seven:
    Just saying, it's quite funny how fickle and yet easily swayed people can be
    :lol::tup:

Went from one mode of overreaction to serious jubilee after a game. Sound like they're ready to drop 40m on him now.

But I think we all agree now on him instead of Tonali.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    :lol::tup:

Went from one mode of overreaction to serious jubilee after a game. Sound like they're ready to drop 40m on him now.

But I think we all agree now on him instead of Tonali.
    Personally if budgets are restricted id still go for aouar before getting locatelli. I've always said I wouldn't mind locatelli who would add quality in depth at least but I'm not sure he would displace arthur who according to reports is impressing in the regista role, at least we can always fall back on bentancur as a backup if necessary knowing that he too would have cover

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)