Mancini thanks Chievo (1 Viewer)

The Goalkeeper

Nov 23, 2005
Roberto Mancini and Dejan Stankovic have thanked Chievo for beating Milan and opening up the Scudetto race, as a derby win will put Inter ahead of their rivals.

“The Rossoneri result earlier today certainly gave us extra motivation,” noted the Coach after their 1-0 victory over Ascoli. “Nonetheless, that gift would’ve been futile without our own win. We’re still lagging behind in the table and must focus on our own path.”

With the derby next Sunday evening and Milan facing a crucial Champions League tie against Schalke 04 in-between, a victory would allow Inter to overtake their rivals.

“You can see that we really want to do well and are geared up for the derby,” added Stankovic. “It will be the most balanced meeting with Milan for years and, with Juventus visiting Fiorentina as well, we believe Inter can get back into the Scudetto race.”

However, Mancini was not entirely happy with the hard-fought 1-0 win over Ascoli this evening.

“I think that a game like this should be sealed up a lot earlier and you certainly shouldn’t have to suffer until the final whistle. We needed more goals and I wasn’t content with some aspects of our play, as you can’t create 10 or 12 opportunities and only score one.”

Ascoli may have emerged empty-handed, but Coach Massimo Silva was pleased with the overall performance.

“The important thing was to stay in contention until the end. It was a difficult game, though we did better than anyone expected.”

courtesy of Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The Goalkeeper said:
Roberto Mancini and Dejan Stankovic have thanked Chievo for beating Milan and opening up the Scudetto race, as a derby win will put Inter ahead of their rivals.

“The Rossoneri result earlier today certainly gave us extra motivation,” noted the Coach after their 1-0 victory over Ascoli.
Given their snoozathon 1-0 "thrashing" of lowly Ascoli, how am I supposed to seriously believe this crap from Mancini's mouth?

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
im happy for this victory of Inter and the lost of milan,atleast milan derbay will mean something this time and if we won today and next match and milan lost also hopefully , we will be 11 points clear.

Aug 1, 2003
swag said:
Given their snoozathon 1-0 "thrashing" of lowly Ascoli, how am I supposed to seriously believe this crap from Mancini's mouth?
Slightly unfair dont you think, we struggled a bit against Ascoli ourselves.

But yes, Inter is hardly a serious contender for the Scudetto. Im just glad Milan lost though:cool:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
The Goalkeeper said:
Opening up the Scudetto race? More like the race for second place.

And if Mancini reckons he needs Milan to drop silly points to overtake them, he can forget about catching Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)